Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,368 REPLIES 1,368

I really, really, really don't want to be negative but I can't express how awful the new design is. I thought my fitbit was broken. My dissatisfaction at this atrocity is the only thing that prompted me to find this forum.  Put it back!  Stop screwing with perfection.  For the record, my partner and I have vastly different aesthetics and both of us are distressed at this monstrosity. I will say that the slider bar is good but the colors make me want to vomit. Also, where is the dark mode? Often one checks their sleep data in the dark upon wakening.  Why blind me???????  Maybe I'm so appalled at how ugly and janky, and distopian that it looks that I'm missing some options that I have to mitigate it's disgusting appearance.  Again, I hate being this negative but this is a device that I live with intimately. STOP SCREWING WITH IT WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!!!!!

Best Answer

I totally agree with CheistineM1956! Yesterday, I woke up very disappointed to the shock of the new “upgrade.” 😳 Today, I woke up knowing what awaited me, and I didn’t even want to look at my FitBit data! Now, I’m just feeling angry and betrayed. 😡 How many ways do you want to hear that your costumers hate this “new look”? Why don’t we just change how we tell time now and go back to using sundials!? Fitbit truly “devolved” this app. 👎

I have decided that if Fitbit doesn’t scrap this obvious downgrade, I’m going to scrap my Charge 5 and get a different tracker or an Apple Watch. I’m done!

Best Answer

Yes, Inlightning! You’re spot on! I never like being negative and don’t ever participate in these types of forums, but this “atrocity” forced me here to speak up about it. Will they listen? We’ll see…

Best Answer

Agreed!  It’s a step BACKWARDS …. when I first opened my app after the ‘update’…. I thought what a disaster …. This has to be a joke … they took a perfect format and destroyed it … 

Best Answer

Love the graphic, drew_bernard! A picture is worth a thousand words! Well done!👍 

Best Answer
I totally agree with you! I find it very difficult to read and will forget
checking my sleep score as long as this is the scale. Why do they keep
messing with us????
Best Answer

Shock.  No warning.   Harder to read.  It’s like genz and millennials love change for no practical reason and then make up excuses when they’re done.   Tired of it.  Hope they got their bonuses.  

Best Answer

Terrible. It looks like a mess and is difficult to understand. I was willing to pay $12 for just the sleep monitoring aspect of fit bit. Not anymore. I will be looking for a different device.

Best Answer
Agree. Whims of developers.
Sent from Karl to you
Best Answer

I agree! Give us back the old format. This one is less informative and more confusing. Stop changing things that already work well.

Best Answer

This is the worst upgrade ever. Can't believe how much I hate it. Time to bin this one, and get an Apple Watch!!! 

Best Answer

It’s ugly.  And how do you share it?  I haven’t really looked at the added functionality yet but my first impression is that it’s really ugly visually. 

Best Answer

I agree.  Do not like the new look.  It was previously very useful and easy to read and understand... now, not so much.  I am considering dropping fitbit to use another device...

Best Answer

It's terrible. How is this supposed to be better? Honestly? It's undecipherable. Cut your losses and do that right thing: revert back. Note to those who respond "no one likes change." People LOVE change. What they don't love is being forced to change from something that works well to something that doesn't.

Best Answer

So one cool thing I figured out, is you can navigate the sleep graph by clicking on the location of the stage:  In other words click at the top and touch drag across to see just awake times.   Or click right where REM is located and drag across to only see REM times. 

Best Answer

Can I please revert back to the previous design? The new look of the sleep page is absolutely awful. I can’t overstate how bad it is. Whereas once all the info was on one easy to read page, now it’s not only more difficult to read, but I have to go through more steps to do simple tasks. For example. If I need to edit my sleep, I have to hit edit, then hit edit again. If I need to edit to before midnight, the app won’t allow it before I change the date to the day before, whereas before it would automatically change the date to yesterday. Many other little things that make it really annoying, especially in the morning when you wanna just check your sleep and get going.  

Of course this is all in addition to the fact that Fitbit has never, not once, automatically tracked my sleep properly. I always have to go in and edit. Which is what makes this redesign all the more frustrating. It wouldn’t matter so much if the sleep tracker worked well. But because editing is necessary after every sleep, this is all the more frustrating.  

I hate to sound insulting, but the redesign is so bad it’s **ahem**ic. It is as if nobody who designed it actually took time to use it. You’d immediately see it’s more difficult than before. 

Pure incompetence. 

Best Answer

Vee, I am actually not a new user.  I have been using Fitbit devices for about 8 years now.  I just never was a member of these forums.  I have never had any issues with my Fitbit devices.   I do not see where Google has destroyed Fitbit, but Google did take over Fitbit and as such they are taking things in their own direction.  I think in the future we are going to see some cool improvements as Google has lots of resources, money and R&D at its disposal.  Plus their focus on integrating AI into these devices is going to radically change the industry.    I am in the tech sector so I keep updated on things.  I also tend to stay more positive than folks here as IT evolves like this in just about every industry and folks never like change.  I have rolled out product changes to 10k people at once, and some folks love it, some folks hate it.  Trying to strike a balance is always challenging in this industry to be honest.  I have rolled out amazing features that folks hated and found myself puzzled, but it is a learning experience that you never stop learning from lol. 

I have owned numerous devices as well and still own an Apple Watch.    They all have pros and cons and if you spend enough time on social media you will see complaints all day long about Apple, Garmin and Fitbit.    

Best Answer

Really not a fan of the new sleep graphic. The old one was so much easier to read. Sad to see that change.

Best Answer

How is it not useful ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes, it is so plain now and the oxygen isn't reading on mine now.

Best Answer