Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,474 REPLIES 1,474

This new update to the sleep section of the app is absolutely awful. Is there anyway to revert back to the old style? It was much easier to use and read. If there is no option, it would be nice if you added it to the app so people had a choice of how they get to see their data.

Best Answer

Screenshot_20231129_080931.jpgScreenshot_20240201_122549.jpg

Are these the Benchmarks you're talking about? If so..... THEY'RE GONE THANKS TO GOOGLE REVAMPING THE APP!

Best Answer

Spoke to Fitbit. There is no way to go back. When you synced your watch, the update was automatic. We have no control on updates! I prefer the old SLEEP DISPLAY as well and that's why I'm returning my watch!

Best Answer
If I had anything to do with the design, believe me, I would not have changed the **ahem** thing.

I spoke to Fitbit the other day and they told me there is no way of reverting back to the original app.

That is why I am returning my watch to get a refund. It's unfortunate but I want the detailed sleep log. I guess I'll have to find it in a different watch now.

I loved my charge 4 but it broke and that's why I bought the Versa 4. I guess now, I won't be enjoying any fitbit.

Sent from Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

I much prefer the previous graphics, they were colourful, vibrant and more easy to read. I miss the smiley icon when sleeps ore was good. Can't you bring it back? This one makes me not want to bother😔

Best Answer

Even if I understand the goals of this change, I have to admit that the design is just awful.
I hope that Google will take into account the many negative reviews and quickly make improvements.

Best Answer
I think you can, think you hold your finger on the sleep graph and a sliding line comes up.... But agree the other was much easier and clearer. 😊Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
Yes. Where are the responses from the moderators?
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have it and find it is much harder to read than the old version. The colours are drab and why all the clutter of vertical lines? Plus the actual tracking is worse, telling me I only had 3hours when I definitely had at least six! I’ll try reducing sensitivity but it has been working well until this ‘update’. 
unfortunately the app experience is getting worse for me, not better. 

Best Answer

I agree - it doesn’t feel like an improvement, it’s too cluttered and messy 

Best Answer

I agree. Much worse. My FitBit is getting to the end of its life and I’m seriously considering other options now. Recent changes have made my experience worse not better 

Best Answer

The thing is - do users want the extra insights they are working to provide? I was happy with just data - I don’t need a conversation with my fitness tracker. 

Best Answer

Don't like it at all. It's too disjointed. Previously you could see at a glance in a line now the lines are fragmented and your eyes have to try and fit them together. 

I also can no longer see all my scores and summaries.

Could have been left alone, it was fine. Is there a way to get back to the old layout please?

Best Answer

You ask: What do you think? Let us know!

my question is:

what will you do with all these negative answers? Will you reply? Say sorry we changed something good into bad? We did not mean to make you angry and upset and wanting to go away? 
please, do

Best Answer

I've tried the new sleep update for 10 days. It has rendered my Charge 5 nearly useless for tracking sleep, so I've decided not to wear it at night. I sleep in segments, usually 2, and previously found useful data, as long as the segments were each at least 3 hrs--even a segment of at least 1 hr provided some information. Since the update, I'm unable to find the earlier segment, which typically ends before midnight. I look on the Yesterday panel, and it's not there either. So, I've decided to remove the Fitbit each night. I'm not getting much useful info from overnight, and I don't want Google to get (and sell) misinformation. I'll wear the Fitbit overnight every couple of weeks to see if Google has restored the old Sleep function or revised the new Sleep function so it works again for me.

Best Answer

It's absolute rubbish. Bring back the old version or I'm looking elsewhere.

Best Answer

I sent a message to @RebeccaFitbit, just as many here have, asking for a simple reply from their loyal customer base. The villagers have their pitchforks and torches out. Please address the elephant in the room: the awful change.  You asked for our opinion, and now you have over 700 saying that the change is trash.  Hopefully, @RebeccaFitbit and the team will formulate a response.

Best Answer

You are right! Whats the point of wearing it at night, it’s not recording anything for me anyway ( not a premium member) just a nothing member now I guess 😞

Best Answer

I agree!! It was PERFECT before..easy to understand, cute Sleep Animals, visually clean and I could find the information with EASE.

Absolutely hate the new upgrade. I almost cried when I saw they had changed it ..and for no reason?? 😭

Best Answer

Yes yes YES. Please change it back. I no longer use the Fitbit app since this change and will NOT use it again until it is changed BACK to the OLD ONE. It was PERFECT...I am so upset.

Best Answer