Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the Fitbit app

Hi everyone! Starting today, you may notice a new sleep experience in your Fitbit app. If you don't have it right away, please be patient as it can take some time to reach all users. 

Check out what’s new by going to the Fitbit Community blog

What do you think? Let us know!

Best Answer
1,252 REPLIES 1,252

Thank you, YES. the new animals look like they were done on Windows paint by some crummy AI. I LOVED the old ones, they were cute and enjoyable to look at. This new app change looks like the sort of design you put out for beta testing...and then everyone tells you to CHANGE AND IMPROVE IT. 

Best Answer

Confusing is the perfect word and I'm so upset that my favourite part of the app experience, checking my Sleep stats, is now the most confusing part of my day. Has been ruining every day for me since they changed it,, PLEASE change it back!!!

Best Answer

Please!!

just listen to us. The changes are awful and unhelpful for what why want to use Fitbit .

please reverse the changes

Best Answer

It’s amazing, still not one single response from anyone from Fitbit/Google. Totally unacceptable!!!  Very poor customer service!!!

Best Answer

I hate it.  Very hard to read and doesn’t move to landscape, doesn’t have oxygen variation chart on same page, dotted lines are very distracting, I could go on.  It’s also not something you can read with just a quick glance - you have to really examine it to understand the results.  Bring back the old version!  This one is horrible!

Best Answer

Not a fan of newest update for sleep.  I can't see the days in a row anymore.   Do not like "other sleep"...just gives you a time and not what day the other sleep happened.    

Best Answer

Agreed...i am a newer Fitbit user and was absolutely in love with the app, especially the sleep section. Waking up and checking my Sleep was my favourite part of my morning. Now, it just confuses and upsets me.

The old design was cute, friendly, and easy to understand. I tried to get better sleep just so I could see that smiley face moon if I did well!! They could not have had a more perfect design. It was so user friendly and I just loved interacting with it!! Worst change that didn't need to be made. Don't fix if it's not broken...I will be leaving Fitbit unless they change it back. Guess I'd better start looking at other fitness trackers.

Best Answer

Is it possible to roll back to

the older look of the sleep app? 

Best Answer

Guys, please bring back the old version (from 2019) where we had Awake-REM-Light-Deep sleep stages. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to me to be able to see how much time I spend in deep sleep. I've come back to the Fitbit community (after years of using Apple) for this specific function just to find out you merged the Light and Deep sleep. Also, the display was fabulous back in the days. We don't need a bar chart, we need a proper line graph and depth visualization of the sleep cycles!!!

Best Answer

Absolutely agree. If they won't switch back to the old version, at LEAST allow us to toggle between the old and new - as the changes made are abysmal and I will be leaving Fitbit and unsubscribing from Premium as fast as I possibly can. I know exactly what information I WANT to find and before I could find it with ease, and UNDERSTAND it. New design sucks and everyone else seems to agree...switch it back!!

Best Answer

I totally agree.  When I decide on a replacement, it will not be Google!!!!!

Best Answer

I have so much broken sleep and now it makes it very confusing.  I won't be using the sleep part of this app anymore.  Hope they change it back.

Best Answer

EXACTLY!!! I am a newer user of a couple years, but already was in love with the sleep section as they had it...my favourite part of the app and they change it without a word??? And why? It was perfect ..change is only positive if it's a change in the right direction, and if there was a NEED for change. Which there WAS NOT.

I absolutely hate the look of the new Sleep section and can't find any information that I need. It's horrific. They need to change it back or I WILL be spending money elsewhere. If they were trying to get us to switch loyalty I'd say they were doing a great job

I hope they go back because I really do love Fitbit..it was a Valentine's gift from my mom and i pay every year for Premium to use an app that i (used to) LOVE. Please change it back,, I miss the old sleep animals and I miss being able to use the app. It was genuinely one of the best parts of my day .

Best Answer

I'm with you! And also, half the times, it does not even track at all for me. Shows I had 1 hour and 23 minutes sleep last night. Inserting eye roll now!

Best Answer

According to a Facebook comment by Fitbit in a Fitbit Facebook group, they are aware that there are many very unhappy people and provided a link to a community post where they suggested we vote to change the sleep summary back to the previous version. Here is the link. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Bring-back-the-old-sleep-summary-page/idi-p/5570732...

1000003901.jpg

Best Answer

IT is Horrible.

Writing to let my healthcare know what a mess they made of fitbit since taking it over. Google continually considers themselves above those who provide their daily bread.  THIS CHANGE IS UNACCEPTABLE.  If Google will not listen to its users, then I hope my healthcare company will and take note.  I didn't have to pay, but my insurance does. Implement and ignore, right?

Doing your usual thing Google? "Let them eat cake!" should really be your motto. Bring Back the days when conglomerates had to be limited, and had to actually listen to its customers.

Best Answer

I have premium and the app for IOS. Since the update I can no longer find the benchmarks. On that screen there is a note that shows the benchmark is a shaded area on the graph but I don’t see it. How do I find them?

Best Answer

I have spoken to Fitbit and I really don't get the impression that anything is going to change. 

Google does whatever it wants to do and the only way they are going to learn is if nobody buys a Fitbit. 

Also, the Fitbit customer service that we all speak to is based in Guatemala and they have no input to having something changed back when it comes to the app. They are only there to supply customer service, not technical service. 

It's very sad because I am now seeing more and more complaints on this community and they have been going since March so why is it taking Google so long to make a change or for the Fitbit Community forum to advise Fitbit that people want the app back to the way it used to be. 

As I said in my original post, which was done yesterday, I am returning my watch and getting my money back. I loved my charge for but unfortunately it broke and even if it hadn't, the app still would have updated the watch and giving me that **ahem**ty dashboard that they've come up with. 

After reading someone else's post, I did find a way to see the benchmarks when it comes to every time I was awake during the night and the duration but it's not the easiest thing to find and it's not the easiest thing to read and once you remove your finger from the screen, it disappears. 

Big conglomerate companies think they know it all when they really should be listening to their customers as it is the customers that make them big conglomerates!

Best Answer

We’ve told you what we think! No response!! Why???

Best Answer

But if you are making notes for medical reasons on the times you are awake and for how many minutes, as soon as you lift your finger from that sliding line, the information disappears. Before you could tap a spot and the time would show and it would stay there until you move to the next area to tap. They made it more difficult and more time consuming

Best Answer