Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has sleep tracking display information changed?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the past few weeks the sleep information I used to get from my Fitbit has changed -- and for the worse IMHO.

I used to see good information about depth of sleep. Now all I see is a bar showing total time asleep.  And, no, I have not changed sleep from "normal" to "sensitive" mode. 

Is there a way to return to the previous sleep view mode?  The main reason I got my tracker is to track sleep quality. That information is no longer available so far as I can tell.

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

I noticed that too. I dislike the "bait and switch" that has happened and think it appropriate that I let potential fitbit buyers know about this on amazon and bestbuy review boards. 

Best Answer

@gailfaith here again.......I found some of the info that seemed to have disappeared with the changes.  That is, in you place your cursor, ABOVE the graph and move it above the awake/restless bars, it will tell you the time and duration that bar lasted.  Still prefer the old format.  And now with my walking project, I can't depend on it to count steps as you can't derive distance walked from that as your stride can change. So I bought a measuring wheel and since I walk with two canes, it is tied to my left cane and it drags behind me, then I get distance.ust steps. I am now up to 94 miles, since last August. And I can't walk fast, only about 12 minutes/1000 ft!  Yes, that is miles! And I just found another NEW problem. If you try to edit something, it deletes and erases what you have and you have to retype from there to the end. 

Best Answer

Very disappointed to learn sleepmtracking has moved to premium. Not at all happy with the sleep info I am now getting. 

Best Answer

Why was this addressed to me "gailfaith"?  I got the sleep info for today (8/5/17).  And I only have a Fitbit One......hardly a premium fitbit. So I am confused.  I wasn't aware it had changed AGAIN!  

Best Answer

Very unprofessional practice to take away the sleep feature that we originally purchased.  The steps and sleep options were the reason why I went with a Fitbit.  Only new customers coming on board now should be affected with their knowledge of course, not existing customers.  I am very disappointed with Fitbit's strategy. 

Best Answer

Apparently there was a problem with some Blaze users not getting sleep stages. Fitbit is working to correct it and said it could take a few days. My sleep stages were restored yesterday. 

Best Answer
My sleep tracking has changed and not for the better. It is my
understanding that we now have to pay extra to get what we once had. I am
not happy with the new sleep display and truly hope it will be restored
back to the original settings)display.
Best Answer
It is never wise to reduce or remove an amenity. The practice leaves a sour
taste in the mouth, which is why it's (IMHO) bad business.
Best Answer

Why do I all of a sudden have to manually enter the time I went to bed and the time I wake up?

Best Answer

I had that problem, and it turned out to be another device (my tablet) with bluetooth on too close to my dongle, which interfered with syncing. I've also noticed that first thing in the morning, when my laptop is waking up, it may take quite a bit longer than other times of day for fitbit to sync. Do you get the sleep data if you manually sync?

Best Answer

Another example of bate and switch... I will have to buy an apple watch.. and fit bit will loose another customer no more fit bits in my household as this is terrible customer service and satisfaction 

Best Answer

When my current device shoots craps or the band wears out I’m going to find another brand !!  

Best Answer

I've noticed lately that all my sleep info eg: 8hr 20min suddenly changes to another amount and when I scroll back through the days, every single time frame is identical-even when it logged the correct time frame the day before. Yesterday, I slept 9hrs 16min and I saw it registered this morning-later on, it had changed to 5hrs 41min and when I scrolled back through the week, every single night showed 5hrs 41mins. Anyone? Thanks

Best Answer

Ok I'm done.  You have taken away the item I used most.  When this device is worn out it will not be replaced by a fitbit.

Best Answer

That is horrible that they do that!!! It did it just fine without paying for it! I just got mine and only love the sleep and heart rate monitor, the “steps” are whatever. That bums me out, shame on you Fitbit for being greedy!!!

Best Answer

That is down right unacceptable!

I didn't pay £200+ to be asked to pay more for the features that sold the item to me in the first place.

If this is Fitbit's idea of customer service then that's the last purchase they will receive from me.

We don't even get full service here in the UK.

It seems it's all about grabbing money. I'm NOT impressed!

Best rethink this Fitbit or your going to lose a lot of loyalty! 😤

Best Answer

Ihave the ionic and it's all gone. 

They just want more money for a service which was sold to you on purchases. 

Not good enough!

Best Answer

No, greed.

Best Answer

I encourage everyone to file complaints with the FTC. Fitbit promised features they never delivered on, and are now removing features we paid for and are essentially holding them ransom. 

Best Answer

People in technology are not so much for the new and improved but how to make more money.  Greed is a disease. one of the things it kills is innovation.  I bought my Fitbit to see my stages of sleep.  I can calculate percentage myself.

Best Answer