Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has sleep tracking display information changed?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the past few weeks the sleep information I used to get from my Fitbit has changed -- and for the worse IMHO.

I used to see good information about depth of sleep. Now all I see is a bar showing total time asleep.  And, no, I have not changed sleep from "normal" to "sensitive" mode. 

Is there a way to return to the previous sleep view mode?  The main reason I got my tracker is to track sleep quality. That information is no longer available so far as I can tell.

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

The new display is awful!  It used to be easy to read, now it’s trash and complicated to decipher.  I hate that they can’t leave well enough alone.  IMG_3438.jpeg

Best Answer

I hate the Sleep changes display and especially the disappearance of Benchmark comparison by age. I’ve had a Fitbit for years  because of Sleep.  A couple of years ago I bought an Apple watch. It also has Sleep, but I preferred Fitbit’s read out so wore it to bed while my watch charged. Now there is no point wearing Fitbit at all. It is now relegated to a drawer until the battery dies unless this terrible change is rolled back. 

Best Answer

It seems a lot of companies are doing this same thing…Ancestry used to let you see certain things for free after you submitted your DNA, now you have to purchase a membership to view what used to be free.  Their profit margins are big enough???

I’m very frustrated with Fitbit that they are doing this as well as I didn’t receive any notification that it was going to change.  I’m sure they will lose a lot of customers & they should.  When my current Fitbit no longer works, I’ll be looking at other smart watches to replace it.

Best Answer

Good to know!  I wonder how many customers they scammed that way.  😡

Best Answer

I agree. It really rots. The display is confusing. It doesn't give you all the information used to have. And worst of all they did not notify us of any changes. My subscription runs out in May and I will let it run out.

Best Answer

I have Premium and my sleep log has also changed to that horrible new graph. 

Best Answer

I’m so weary of these companies who think they deserve MORE money, but are unwilling to keep up with their promised services. NO….you CANNOT keep your customer base, if you keep taking away from your services. This will be my last Fitbit. What greedy folks you are. 🤬

Best Answer
I think this is going to be my last Fitbit, too.
Best Answer