Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has sleep tracking display information changed?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the past few weeks the sleep information I used to get from my Fitbit has changed -- and for the worse IMHO.

I used to see good information about depth of sleep. Now all I see is a bar showing total time asleep.  And, no, I have not changed sleep from "normal" to "sensitive" mode. 

Is there a way to return to the previous sleep view mode?  The main reason I got my tracker is to track sleep quality. That information is no longer available so far as I can tell.

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

Don't fool yourself - I have Premium and the change happened on Premium as well. Just a disaster!

I have Premium. The graphs are gone! The information on sleep is hardly better than what I would get from glancing at my cell when I set my alarm at night and looking at the time when I wake up. So I think Premium is worse than nothing.

Best Answer

As I have apnea, the sleep part of the app was one of the reasons I bought this watch. I'm giving it 30 days. If it doesn't change, I'll be moving to something else. As if Google doesn't have enough money, now they have to squeeze pennies from the little guy. I'd rather pay more somewhere else than pay Google through extortion. 

Same here. As I have apnea, this was one of the reasons I bought this watch. I'm giving it 30 days. If it doesn't change, I'll be moving to something else. As if Google doesn't have enough money, now they have to squeeze pennies from the little guy. Oh brother. I'd rather spend more money elsewhere on a new watch with a better app than have Google take it from me through extortion.

Best Answer
I’m thinking of moving to an Apple Watch. That gives detailed sleep - deep/light/REM. Expensive alternative though. Fitbit will ultimately lose out though their shortsightedness😡

Dr Alf Crossman
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I will cancel mine

😀

Best Answer

I needed a new one. Guess I'll get the amazefit. Cheap a d shows sleep more like other way

Best Answer

The new format is horrible! Finding a new tracker. I hate the change

Best Answer

Even less reason to switch to premium... pay more and it will still be less useful.

Best Answer

Yes, I've removed my device of 2 years and I'm Deleting my Fitbit account because of the new so called upgrade. The interactivity and info from the new app is unbearable, look is plain, ugly, no contrast, can't drag to specific sleep stage. Just terrible. It was Good til just now. Goodbye

Best Answer

does anyone here know of a better watch to track the quality of sleep without having to pay xtra, like premium?  I’m so disappointed in Fitbit!  

Best Answer

Frankly, even with premium the sleep tracking is useless trash now. It is so clunky, difficult to use and interpret, it’s filled with friction. There isn’t a single aspect of it that’s intuitive. I’ve been looking at the aura ring for a long time and I don’t feel any reason to be loyal to Fitbit anymore. Plus, they have these “community forums” and “customer feedback”, but no one is reading or responding to this from the company. No one is answering questions. I didn’t get an email with a video explaining how to use the new format. Health and wellness companies should encourage community and to do that, they have to actually be involved and present in the process. But we are screaming into the void at this point.

I could live with some slight aesthetic changes, but this complete overhaul??? I’m so upset. My entire morning routine surrounded checking my score and in 2 days time they rendered it useless to me.

God, I hope people are actually reading this.

I agree that’s the only slightly good thing, but I hate that the reference numbers are to the left and they seem arbitrary. They don’t directly correlate to any of my numbers and so I have to estimate or go back into the specific days to find my actual number, and by that time it’s like, why am I using a graph that doesn’t clearly label the information I need. It’s almost like it’s for people who want to skim the data rather than really know it.

Best Answer

Please go back to the old visual for showing sleep, awake, and restless time. The “improved” version is useless and horrible!! If you don’t listen to customers, you will lose me 100%!

I can no longer read anything. It's a visual! That means you should be able to understand it when you look at it. It's no longer useful. Worst update of anything I have ever owned in my life!

Congratulations Fitbit. You have the all-time worst improvement!

Totally same for the rest of us. This change is the worst change I have ever seen on any device I have ever owned.

Best Answer

I did discover that the sleep shows the old way if you go to the browser supported fitbit screen.  But for me I have to put in my sleep time manually or it doesn't show me anything.  I put in start and wake time then it gives me their weird chart thing and a quality number but I can see the old three line chart when I go to my dashboard on fitbit.com.  But that has never shown the quality number.  Not sure how long this will last.  I will definitely switch to the Amazfit after reading reviews on them for the $50.00 price and a 6.99 two year protection plan.

Sleep.jpg

Best Answer

I have premium and i also woke up to  new and more basic sleep tracking. I hate it. 

Best Answer

I don't like the new view. How can I switch back to the old one? I thought my app was broken.

Best Answer
I haven’t found a way to switch back. An upgrade that’s turned out to be a downgrade😡

Dr Alf Crossman
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Apparently, Fitbit has false information in their app.  Their app says they give you a score, but don’t show it.  😡

Kathydom_0-1713384624531.png

Best Answer

Mine just changed too. I agree with you. I'm not getting as good and easily readable information either. The interface is AWEFUL! The more changes Google makes to Fitbit the more I want to go to Apple Watch or find another Fitness tracker. Way to go Google! Taking a relatively great product and dragging it through the mud. 😠

I'm already a premium subscriber paying $9.99 a month. So, pyvonnew, your response to the change doesn't make sense. The informaiton I'm receiving after the change is a much less user-friendly and just a bad user-experience. It's not worth the $9.99 a month after the design change.

I'm missing my restoration and the percentages too. I don't like it.

Best Answer

Well this change sucks! I used my Fitbit for years just for sleep data. Not going to pay! Is this BS what we get w Google improvements?

Time to look into apple tracker.

Ditto, ditto, ditto

out with the new, in with the old

Best Answer

I'm looking into an alternative.  I've used the Fitbit for years SOLELY for the sleep record.

I'm not paying more just to access the information.

I started looking into the Oura ring a year ago. I'd prefer a watch but I definitely will not pay extra just to get a sleep report. It should be part of the offering -- and was, for years.

Best Answer

Not an answer but my personal vent. Fitbit removed challenges. Fitbit changed the way sleep is displayed, removing percentages. I no longer see the value. I’ll begin to look for a different tracking device. Goodbye Fitbit.

Best Answer