Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bike mode

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have just noticed the Fitbit has a bike mode! I went for a bike ride yesterday and for the life in me I cannot find how I get it on my watch! Does the surge have this? Do I need to have my phone on me? Thanks
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Cycling mode is only supported on Surge aince it's th only GPS capable tracker. As with all of the exercise modes, however, it needs to be configured in the settings area of the dashboard or app and synched to the device before it's available for selection.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-I-track-my-bike-rides-and-spin-classes-with-S...

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Cycling mode is only supported on Surge aince it's th only GPS capable tracker. As with all of the exercise modes, however, it needs to be configured in the settings area of the dashboard or app and synched to the device before it's available for selection.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-I-track-my-bike-rides-and-spin-classes-with-S...

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thank u! As I posted I saw a similar post and have added it! Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you for posting this question!  I'm so happy now I finally found the explanation of how to set up the cycling mode.

Best Answer

Oh thank you mate, i did not know that and was cycling with spinning mode all the time. Bike mode really exsists ! 😄

Best Answer
What happened to the area where I could input my bike ride time etc?
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Hankyke! It's great to hear that you have it solved! 

Hey there @Roller22! Let me help you out, if you are going to use your tracker to track your bike ride you can find the activity under the exercise tile on the Surge itself. If you want to manually log your bike ride you can do it using your App. 

1. Tap on the exercise tile.

bike11.jpg

2. Then tap on the stop on the stopwatch. 

bike22.jpg

3. On the search bar type the name of the activity. 

bike33.jpg

Hope it helps! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Hi Dears, 

I wondered if FITBIT is looking into improving the Bike mode, for when you stop for a drink or take pictures with of the scenery. Most other trackers recognise when you stop and pauses until you move again. 

Anyone got a work around, I use strava but would prefer to have just my Surge devise when out and about... 

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes