Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise Tracking not syncing - after v80 firmware upgrade

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Updated Samsung software on Galaxy 5S Tuesday morning and have NOT been able to sync my Surge.

I have shutdown the Surge, changed Bluetooth setting on Surge, uninstalled/reinstalled Fitbit software on phone, & attempted to unpair Surge from Samsung Galaxy 5S.  My mobile carrier is Verizon.

Any other suggestions? 

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

My wife and I have the same problem.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and unpairing and repairing, etc. Yesterday, I chatted with fitbit, but tech support couldn't get it to work either. He gave me a coupon for 25% off a new one, since I am no longer under warranty. But, hopefully, FitBit sees this thread, looks into it, and gives us a fix.

Best Answer

Same deal with me. I did the Android firmware update yesterday, and haven't been able to sync since. I've uninstalled, unpaired, etc.. and still no luck. I have cell service through Verizon and I also have a Samsung GS5 if that matters. 

Best Answer

My System updated to the G900VVRU2DQF2 software at 1:15 AM and my Fitbit's last sync was 12:34 AM.

My wife's system updated to the G900VVRU2DQF2 software at 9:20 AM and her Fitbit's last sync was 8:28 AM.

Best Answer

Same  here.  Did the update to my Samsung S5 last night and now my One won't sync.  I don't think the issue is with the devices.  Bluetooth possibly?

Support needs to look into this.  I imagine it's going to start hitting more people as the update rolls out.

Best Answer

I used my Bluetooth headphones this morning with no problem. 

Best Answer

Yes, my bluetooth is working as well.  I meant how Bluetooth talks to the fitbit devices. The device is not being seen by bluetooth so no pairing is going on.  Maybe something else.  Was just a thought.

Best Answer

I am following this thread in hopes of a solution.  I have a Samsung S5 through Verizon as well and haven't been able to sync my Surge since the update yesterday! It is actually refreshing to know I am not the only one with this phone and this problem after the update! Gives me hope it is more likely to get fixed!

Best Answer

Same here.  I updated my Galaxy S5 (Verizon) yesterday at 9 a.m.  My last sync was at 8:54 a.m.  Now the app won't even recognize or find my Surge.  I've tried everything, the same as some of the others in this thread, and nothing works.  Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem after update.

Honestly, I'm done with Fitbit. It seams like every time there is an update anywhere, I have to do a song and dance to get things working again.

Best Answer

Same here! S5 / Verizon!!! 

Best Answer

Okay, so after wasting my time troubleshooting with Verizon, I decided to go another route. It is definitely the long way around, but at least you can get it synced. If you have a PC but don't have the dongle that came with the Fitbit you can:

-Go to your Windows Store on your PC/Tablet and download the Fitbit app

-Plug your USB charger into your PC 

-Click Sync 

Hope that helps everyone!

Best Answer

Having the same issue.  reboot, delete app, reinstall app, turn blue tooth on and off....no luck.   Going to download the app on my PC and see if it work there.  I have a Galaxy note 4 and it worked flawless until the update two days ago. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my Surge.  I talked to support yesterday and they were about to tell me that my Fitbit needed to be replaced, then he said he got an alert that it was a know issue and fix usually comes out within 24 - 48 hours.  I was able to finally get it to sync with my PC.  

Note: if you're trying to sync your Surge with the PC you have to pay attention while it's looking for your Fitbit because a code will pop up on your Surge and you have to enter it on your PC.

Best Answer

I found my Fitbit bluetooth dongle, installed Fitbit Connect on my mac, and got my Surge to sync with my mac.  It still will not sync on my Samsung Galaxy S5, but at least I can sync periodically.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to hear they might be working on it... Where did they say it was in progress? Any idea when it drops? 

Had the same issue and even worse I disconnected the surge from the account to reconnect and now it won't (accepts the pairing code and then can't talk to the device again).

Best Answer

Same situation with me with a Samsung update this morning.  I went through all the steps (Fitbit off/on; phone off/on; BT off/on), with no results.  Finally called customer service. The rep was very nice & patient, but basically had me go through the same steps. Ultimately, now the only way I can save Fitbit data is to plug it into my laptop, and it records the steps to the computer. It does not appear to be a Bluetooth issue per se, because if my phone is beside the computer when it downloads via cable, the phone data also updates. For some curious reason, though, the Fitbit will not mate with the computer via Bluetooth, but only via cable. Very frustrating situation, and I have the nasty feeling that nobody at Fitbit tech really knows how to fix it. I guess a tracker by a different company might be the easiest solution.

Best Answer

I just got a reply in another thread from Fitbit that they are working on this problem and that they will follow up with the community on this thread.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-trackers-not-syncing-after-Android-software-updat...

Best Answer
Thanks for the heads up. This situation isn't the end of the world, but
very frustrating (particularly for someone like me with borderline (?) OCD).
Best Answer

Same problem, G5S & Surge not synching, but I have a twist.  The clock on the Surge after restart showed 30 minutes behind the actual time, with the error progressing (currently shows 7:29 PM, but it's actually 8:37 PM).

Any thoughts?

Best Answer