Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge watch band fix

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If you are like me and you don't want to put out another $240 or more because your surge watch band is coming apart after a year and the eyelets to adjust it are breaking you can do these simple steps to extend the life of you surge.  

1. Go to your local Walmart store and buy a tire repair kit.
  2. Use the rubber strips provided and use supper glue and glue it to the back of the rubber band on the watch.
  3. Don't use the rubber cement it doesn't hold as well.  
  4. Let it set overnight  
  5. Cut off the excess rubber and take a knife to make a new hole were the other eyelet was located.  This will give you another 6+ months before you might have to do it again. If you do it right know one will ever know the difference and youve extended the life of your watch.

I hope this helps some else who has had the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Sounds like there is no band available for this product. What kind of busines is this?  Sounds like they dont care about their customers. Or they just waiting for us to expend another $240???

I may quit using this product once it is done.

Best Answer
Hi, I understand your frustration and agree if your warranty has expired
you are out in the cold. But I posted a simple fix but it depends upon
where the tear is or if it has come apart. If the band is coming apart
from the watch it's self I have no suggestions. If the band is tearing
apart around the adjustable eyelets or the rubber it's self try this. Buy a
tire repair kit (I got mine at Walmart). It has various sizes of rubber
strips. Find the one that fits your band and glue it with super glue (the
rubber cement doesn't work) underneath the band. Give it a day it a few
hours to set overnight. Cut any excess off and you will be the only one to
know. Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Notright wrote:

Sounds like there is no band available for this product. What kind of busines is this?  Sounds like they dont care about their customers. Or they just waiting for us to expend another $240???

I may quit using this product once it is done.

Absolutely there's no band available. Removing the band means breaking the antenna that's built into it meaning you need a repair rather than a replacement which means the operation is well beyond the ability of the average user..

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I just sent this letter in to Fit bit:

To Whom it may concern,

I am just off the phone with your Customer Support Personal, I was unable to get his name due to the language barrier. I spent 20 minutes just trying to get my email address correct.

He confirmed that I have not abused, damaged, or otherwise adversely used my Fitbit Surge, other then daily use.

He also confirmed that I first synced my Surge on August 29, 2015.

On December 30, 2016, the buckle broke and I have been unable to wear my Surge. Your CS personal confirmed that since this is four months pass the year mark there is nothing that can be done. At this point he offered me some sort of discount but again due to the language barrier I was unable to understand if it was $25 or 25% on a new product. (by the way the site is giving a better deal all ready)

I just want to say I was thrilled with my initial purchase of the Surge since i also run. This was an excellent Tracker for monitoring my progress as I did my first half marathon last year. At a price of $249 I knew I could get something cheaper but the features swayed me. Here we are one year later and I have a broken tracker and the disappointment is huge.

I don't have a disposable income to purchase a new Surge every year, even with a minor discount. As much as I loved your product, I will be looking at other devises such as Garmin or Tom Tom.

I just wanted you relay my experience to your team in hopes it will help with development going forward.

I am sorry to have to part ways.

Best Regards,
Ann Taylor
Ann@luxinteractive.com

Best Answer

Hi! The exact thing happened to me. My husband gave it to me as a gift after my child was born. I was so excited! Loved it and recommended it. But after a little over a year the strap broke. Contacted customer service and they told me the same thing. That they would give me 25% discount if I bought a new watch. This is really frustrating since its almost new! It's not like it has 5 years!!! It's their problem making a watch that brakes easily. I am not happy about it and after what happened I think I will get another brand. One that really support and values their customers. The even said: that's why we have improved our new watches... 

Best Answer

@Etyam23 Amazon has aftermarket replacement bands and YouTube has the "how to" videos is you are so inclined. Just a thought.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer
Hi! Thanks but the surge is a one piece watch so there's no way of replacing the band. That's why I'm not happy about it since I can't use it anymore... I'll try with a rubber glue since none of the other types hold. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Etyam23 If you do a search for "Surge band replacement" on YouTube you will see how to replace the band. If it looks like something you or a friend can do then you can get the replacement band from Amazon. It's just a thought. Good luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer