Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise Tracking not syncing - after v80 firmware upgrade

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Updated Samsung software on Galaxy 5S Tuesday morning and have NOT been able to sync my Surge.

I have shutdown the Surge, changed Bluetooth setting on Surge, uninstalled/reinstalled Fitbit software on phone, & attempted to unpair Surge from Samsung Galaxy 5S.  My mobile carrier is Verizon.

Any other suggestions? 

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

My surge will sync once a day only at random time at night now from 8 to 11 pm even though I have all day sync box checked. Did every step they listed in help section with no luck. Also my texts and phone notifications not working now. Everything was fine a few days ago. I also have Verizon and Samsung phone. 

Best Answer

Does anyone have any new news? I called and they sent me a replacement fitbit, but it still will not sync with my phone.

Best Answer

Heather, I'm glad you got a new device, but I doubt there was anything wrong with your original one.  They were about to send me a new device when the tech I was talking to got an alert that this was a known issue. This is a Fitbit/Android issue and they need to fix it.

Best Answer

Did they give you any indication of when they would address the issue?

Best Answer

They sent me a new fitbit.  it will not sync to my Samsung Galaxy S5 after an hour on the phone with fitbit support he said it is a known problem but could not give any indication when it would be resolved.  also didn't understand when I asked if they could notify me when it was resolved.  so now I have two fitbits surges that will not sync with my phone......

Best Answer

Hey, everyone! Our team is aware and has been looking into this syncing issue from the Samsung system update that was released on 08/08/17. I'd like to direct you all to this thread here for any future announcements/updates on this topic. That is where I will be providing updates, so please subscribe or follow that thread. I'm now closing this thread to prevent duplicate threads. I really appreciate your cooperation. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer