Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to sync with phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit does not want to sync with my phone today. The battery is full but it just keeps saying "looking"?? Any ideas anyone?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

Thanks a million for your feedback guys! @TwoBit and @Redmoonstar  I really appreciate your participation on the Forums! Sorry about the issues you had with your trackers.

@chicop Thanks for the update I'm happy to hear that you'll be back on track really soon!

@steveting99 I appreciate the steps you tried thanks for the details. Before to contact with support I'd like to check with you so I can request they check this information with you directly. Sorry for the time it took me in getting back. Please confirm if you're still having issues with your Surge!

Have a good one! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi Yojana,

I confirm that the iPhone 6 plus is still having an issue with iOS app. Still unable to log on.

Not a problem with the Android app and the Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro - a non supported device from Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks for confirming this information @steveting99! Would you mind trying this workaround. this issue typically occurs when the time on your phone is set manually. So let's check if it helps, please do the following: 

1. Double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen.
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion. Robot Embarassed
3. Open the Settings app from your iPhone home screen.
4. Tap "General."
5. Tap "Date & Time."
6. Ensure that "Set Automatically" is ON.
7. Reopen the Fitbit app. The issue should now be resolved.

Keep me posted! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Hi Yojana!

Thanks for the suggestion for iPhone 6 Plus.

It worked! The iOS Fitbit app logs in and syncs to the Surge. 

Surprised "Date & Time" setting to automatic was the culprit. Smiley LOL

Best Answer

Hi there @steveting99! Excellent work! I'm glad that this worked for you. How would it know, right? So, please keep me posted in case you notice anything fishy again.

Have an excellent and keep steeping! Heart

Best Answer

It doesn't work, the problem is deeper than these simple steps. I can't tell you how many of these troubleshooting steps i have done: restart, uninstall, turn on these, turn on that. Nothing ever works

Best Answer

What about Android phone. My phone are always set to automatic set date time to ON. 

Best Answer

What make and model of your Android phone? Is it on the list of compatible devices? If not, afraid there's not much help available. 

You should have the USB transceiver that came along with the Surge and can be plugged into any PC. As a workaround, try the USB transceiver and the Windows app for Fitbit. 

If you sync once per day (via bluetooth), I have found it to be the most reliable means of getting the data across. Was doing this until recently when the solution by Yojana allowed the iPhone 6 Plus to work again.

I see that you're from Brazil? 

Best Answer

I own 2 second surge for about 2 years. each surge life span seem only one year. Nothing wrong with phone. On my surge when I turn in classis Bluetooth, surge will restart by itself. This is the same problem I got for my first surge. I can confirm surge is only work for one year. And it seem to have a kill switch to kill the product. Same issue for 2 surge  each only lasts for a year.

I am going to switch to other product now, fitbit is not in the list. 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @rmarquescampos@dorst622@steveting99 and @RunningTexan! Thanks for getting back guys, it's great to see your participation in the Forums! Cat Happy

Thanks for the effort to help @steveting99! I think that we need to take a deeper look into the information that your tracker has in its software @dorst622, it seems like you've tried all the steps that we could use to fix this issue. Have you got in touch with our Support Team? They can check with you the issue since they have specific tools to use to verify trackers' data. I'm sorry to hear that this is your second Fitbit, since it is our desire you feel motivated in achieving your fitness goals instead of creating frustration. Please let me know if I can give you a hand by requesting a case for you!

@RunningTexan Nice to see your face around, I noticed your post is empty; please let me know if you need any help!

Have a good day guys! Robot Happy

Best Answer

Battery ran out. On recharging, date off by three days. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Best Answer

Tried this without success.

Best Answer

Hi @Ancienne! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community! Smiley Happy

Thanks for trying this suggestions! Please confirm that your phone and Fitbit App are running the latest version. Is your Fitbit able to finish the restart process? Something you need to restart it a couple of times and it'd be best to kept it in the charge while troubleshooting, please review your following you're doing all the steps in that order. Is your tracker giving you an specific message or error? Do you have any other device that we can use to try connect? Smiley Frustrated

I'm very interested in helping you out with this, keep me posted!

I'll be around! Woman Happy

Best Answer

Sync time off by an hour. Then I saw that it had not synced since replacement arrived in October. Restarted several times and the date is correct. The time is still off by an hour and the steps for the day have not been recorded. This is syncing to to my android cell phone. Not terribly astute technologically speaking, but I have managed to follow the directions for restart. Any insight, suggestions would be most helpful.

The phone does show steps for yesterday....Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Magic! That's what it is! I restarted for about the sixth time, put the Fitbit on top of th ecell phone, and it is all good! Don't know the whys or the hows....but like I said, it's good!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Phone just saying looking 

‎06-14-2018 06:01

Done this. Still looking 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ancienne thanks for getting back! @Mark76 Nice to see you here.

@Ancienne I'm not sure what happened in your case, maybe an update or any other change was done recently. Well, good news is that it syncing now! Hope it stays like that.

@Mark76 what type of phone are you using? Are you getting an error when trying the suggested here?

I'll be around.

Best Answer
iPhone, and I’m getting a code, code 500

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hey there @Mark76, nice to see you here.

Thanks for posting your inquiry here, this is an error message that is occasionally and intermittently affecting some iOS users.  If you're sure that you have the latest OS and Fitbit app version installed on your iPhone, then the next thing to try would be to log out of the app completely, log back in, then give the your Fitbit a restart and try the set up again. 

You can also try a different device to sync and then try again with your phone.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer