Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about Surge and Customer service

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had several different fitbit products over the years and I cannot even describe how disappointed I am with the quality and customer service on my surge. I have already had to have it replaced once and began having issues again. Two issues this time .. the dreaded watch band bubble and it won't remain connected to charge. Unfortunately my unit is out of warranty so I get a sorry have 25% off which is beyond frustrating to me.I have to known issue that they have decide not to fix at any given production point. I really expected more for a $250.00 dollar purchase. What makes you stay with this company after years and years known issues not being fixed during production? I have loved this brand and considered it the best up until this point because I have always been able to get a replacement when issues arose but this has really left a sour taste in my mouth - so to speak. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

How long is the warranty? All of a sudden my heart rate isn't being picked up... those little green lights don't seem to want to flash anymore. This is my first FitBit product and I got given it as a gift. If they don't replace it then I'm not convinced I'd buy fitbit again...

Best Answer

I year from purchase

I would suggest contacting customer service as soon as you can.

Best Answer

@TessB12 the warranty info link may be found below .The link is tittled as Returns & Warranty, when it comes to the length that depends on what country the tracker was purchased in. 

Best Answer

Warranty is here

https://www.fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty

Dont have a clue what this means "The link is tittledtas Returns & Warranty, "

@Rich_Laue wrote:

The link is tittledtas Returns & Warranty, when it comes to the leangthleit depends on what country the tracker was purchased in. 

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I also have a Surge and got the watch band bubble almost immediately(within the first two months).  I have owned mine for over 1 year now so it is out of warranty. This morning just went up and down the basement stairs checking to see if it was accurately recording the steps/stairs...totally inconsistent, didn't register any steps for 6 consecutive up and down trips!  I also walked around the house for about 300 steps and it only recorded 67.  The watch back is clean, it was fully charged and exactly where it was supposed to be on my wrist according to the instructions .  My conclusion is the Surge is just a poorly engineered fitness tracker and I will be giving Apple a go with my next purchase.

Best Answer

I assume that you where not holding onto the railing with your Fitbit hand? 

What is your step count like when going on a walk? 

Best Answer

Hi @Reita and @TessB12 I'm glad to see you here, welcome! @Barbinscarble@Rich_Laue and @WendyB thanks for sharing your comments! Smiley Happy

@Reita Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along. We don't want to create frustration in our customers.  Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

@TessB12 You came to the right place! I noticed you already got in touch with our team, thanks for actively requesting for help. I'm sure our team will provide you with the options according to your Fitbit warranty. Keep me posted!

@Barbinscarble Good to hear that you got a new tracker when you just started having issues with the band. Now, about the accuracy issues you're reporting with your Fitbit Surge; as @Rich_Laue mentioned we need to check some details about how you're tracking stair and steps. You will find a couple of instruction on this master post to troubleshoot floors.

Please also let's keep helping your little buddy by restarting it a couple of more times. Then follow the accuracy test steps, so we can verify how this is working. Robot Happy

1. Put your Surge on your.
2. Walk 100 steps, making sure to count a step each time one of your feet hits the ground.
3. Pause, then check your tracker to see your step count.

If your tracker counted less than 100 steps or more than 100, please let us know and we'll see if we can investigate further. Sometimes, when you start walking you may notice that your steps may not update on your tracker right away. After about 10-15 continuous steps, you'll notice the steps catch up and start updating in real-time with each step you take.

It's important to specify whether you wear the tracker on your dominant or non-dominant wrist, please check the recommendations about choosing the correct Handedness. You have that option also in the Fitbit App > Account > Surge > Handedness. When you mentioned checking the Settings, did you check the stride length information?

I hope this helps.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
Just to clarify...I didn't get a new Surge even though the wrist band bubbled in the first two months...Just chalked it up to "It Figures" 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Barbinscarble, thanks for the clarification! I think that one thing is not related to the other, but we can check with the Support Team your warranty options; if it is okay for you I can request a new case. Let me know!

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes