Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Australian warranty

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

Has any have experience with getting warranty beyond the Fitbit 365 days policy in Australia?

My just shy of 2 year old surge has had battery issues over the last several months (I admit I should have contacted support sooner) and now the battery only lasts about a day on a full charge. I have spoken to 2 agents on the online support chat but they insisted that I am out of warranty after confirming there is some thing wrong with the tracker's battery from their end. They kept offering me expedite shipping on a new Fitbit device which I repeatedly declined. I was also told that I made an agreement to the warranty policy when I made the purchase which I find a bit dodgy.

I was under the impression that I am covered under the Australian Consumer Law's guarantee on "a reasonable time" and believed that 2 years is a reasonable time to expect my surge to perform without defect under normal use.

I also asked if there was a paid service to get the tracker serviced as I would be happy to do that but I was told there was no such thing which is quite disappointing.

Link to the relevant information on the ACCC website: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/warranties

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your experience with us. I'm glad to see that you got the option to get your refund. Sorry for all inconvenience. 

Keep sharing your feedback. See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was glad in the end and knowing that retailers seem to not have a problem with upholding 2 year warranties i was comfortable enouph to upgrade to an ionic. My experience so far with the ionic is similar to the charge2. Lots of device and app issues to sort out throughout use. But when everything does work properly i really enjoy it. 

This seems to be the experience for a lot of people judging by the community posts. I think fitbit should give 2 years warranty for everbody worldwide as the known large volume of system issues wont be as much of an issue if people know they can return the device if there is a problem.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We are taking the feedback for future updates, please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

I'll be around in case that you need anything else.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, 

I don't understand why does the EEA has 2 years warranty, we only have in Australia 1 year warranty.

My Fitbit Charge 2 lastet just 14 month, doesn't sync anymore, tried all the possibilities available

online. I sought of buying the next generation Charge3, but will boycott the buy till they change the warranty to 2 years. Just hope more people would do the same thing.

Probably the quality is not that good, that would reduce their profit.

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @berrimo, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for posting your inquiry. Fitbit warrants to the original purchaser that your Fitbit-branded device and Fitbit-branded device accessories (collectively, the "Product") shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, except that if you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) and you purchased your Fitbit product in the EEA, the warranty period is two (2) years from the date of purchase (the "Warranty Period") due to the Australian consumer law.

For more information about our Fitbit warranty check this article.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you have more questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes