Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge Bluetooth Classic Issue - Auto Restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just encountered one issue today. When i tried to turn on my Surge Bluetooth Classic, my device will automatically reboot. I tried it for 3 times and it keeps on rebooting the device. I shut down and start again but didn't help to resolve the problem. Anyone facing the same problem here? Help needed! Thanks. 

Regards

Kelvin 

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

Hello everyone hope you are having a great day!  If you are experiencing issues with your Surge make sure your app is up to date. If it is please reach out to customer support so they can review your tracker's back-end information. I would recommend to contact them directly from your phone to do this  tap the menu button and select Help. From here you can initiate a request for further support 🙂 

Let me know how it goes! 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
I'm also same with this issue, my surge always restart when I try switch bluetooth from "pair" to "on or off".....
I cannot pair the surge with my phone, the restart surge by press, hold left button and right button doesn't help....please help me. This is a big bug of surge
Best Answer
are you fixed your problem? @rmarquescampos

please help me fix this issue I'm also same issue with you.... my surge can't change from pair to off or on, it keep restarting....
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AngelaMa: Can you help me about fitbit surge restart....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DangPhu welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here 🙂 Have you tried removing the Surge from your Bluetooth devices and then set up music control again? If you did and you are still experiencing this issue, please let me know your phone's model and operating system to investigate a little more about this. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 🙂 

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks sc118,

This worked for me to get my workout info off the tracker. Mine keeps restarting everytime I try to change Bluetooth mode as well. I have another tracker and that connects fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well.. I solved my problem partially.
My problem started when I forgot to sync my device periodicly with my phone, sometimes it just restarted once, but when I travelled for 15 and didn't sync once it started happening every time.
I think this problem is that the fitbit has too many data and can't get it out... I tried everything you can think of, but one thing "solved my problem". I just let my device discharged for 3 whole weeks, without charging, so some of that data could get lost, I don't know. And when it was discharged I tried to turn it on to be absolutely sure it had no battery.
3 weeks later I recharged it and tried to turn it on, the problem persisted for some time... my bluetooth was on the option "off", and I was pressing the button twice so it would go to "on". One time it just jumped the pair option and restarted, but when it restarted it was on "pair" or "on", I don't remember exacly. It took more than an hour to sync, but after that my device restarts sometimes, but just once an I sync it 3 times a week.
Also, if you complain via chat, they will surely send you a new one.

Best Answer

Same situation here.  Fitbit is sending me a replacement but is it hardware?  Software?  Don't know.  Only started happening yesterday.  However, surge hasn't synced in 2 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem as well. Use to sync fine, however it just started doing this.

I am syncing it to my toshiba laptop which is running on Windows Vista.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I opened a case and they replaced my Surge.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I also have the problems described above, I have a little help.

I downloaded the Bluetooth program 'Bluetooth Pair' from goggles play store that made me apply to connect to my device again, but when I change the Bluetooth on the surge it still autorestart offen.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Dang. Well looks like I have to do that then.

Mine will sometimes work, but even then once it does sync, I don't think the sync turns off for even though it says it does. Battery life has tanked since this started happening. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't resolve the problem since the beginning. I've got the replacement and after using it for approximately 2 months time, it started to have the same issue again. Really upset with this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to visit this thread! If you are experiencing issues with your tracker restarting when using music control, please make sure your phone is on the list of supported devices, also make sure your app is up to date and try restarting your tracker a few times. If you are still experiencing issues after this please reach out to our support team so they can assist you. 

Thanks for stopping by! 🙂 

Best Answer
Ho Angela, do you understand our problem? Surges always restart when We try switch bluetooth classic to "pair or off", it auto restart.
It's impossible to pair the surge with the phone, the restart surge by press, hold left button and right button doesn't work.
Removing the Surge from Bluetooth device and set up again doen't work too.
Phone's mode and operating system don't make sense because Fitbit Surge auto restart before we connect the cellphone.
Could you really help us??? or should We throw away my watch and never buy a Fitbit?
Best Answer

Hello @Aleagena welcome to the Forums! If your Surge is restarting when trying to pair it with the Bluetooth classic please reach out to our support team. They can take a look at your tracker's back-end information and provide you personalized troubleshoot. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
I am having the same issue lately. Surge can no longer sync. Did all the steps mentioned at fitbit support. Any solution.?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dorst622, Is your surge restarting when when you try to pair it with the Bluetooth classic? If this is your issue have you tried to restart the tracker?  If you are having issues syncing have you tried the troubleshoot advised on this article? If you did and you are still experiencing issues please contact our support team for assistance. 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

i have contact the support team. All the suggestion doesn't work.

surge continue not able to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes