Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge Bluetooth Classic Issue - Auto Restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just encountered one issue today. When i tried to turn on my Surge Bluetooth Classic, my device will automatically reboot. I tried it for 3 times and it keeps on rebooting the device. I shut down and start again but didn't help to resolve the problem. Anyone facing the same problem here? Help needed! Thanks. 

Regards

Kelvin 

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

Hey there @PG_Tan, thanks for getting back. Smiley Happy

Since those steps didn't solve the issue you're having, I've requested to our Support team to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Let me know if you have questions about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I received email showed the status is resolved.

I did not even get any help from the customer support and the team closed the case without further investigation or debugging. It is very awkward in this support system.

Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know that information, sorry for the misunderstanding I will check what happened there and I'll reply back to you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I do, as many other users who have not been successful in solving the problem either.

Best Answer

any solution to turn off bluetooth classic?

Best Answer

I also facing the same problem

Best Answer
1. need to shutdown your surge to sync.
2. then set bluetooth classic to off (need to do this until you can see
blutootch classic is off on your surge)
3. shutdown the surge again, then can start sync.
4. if the sync remain failed. do steps 1 to 3, then restart fitbit app on
your phone.

kind of stupid steps for an expensive watch but this is the only way if you
still want to keep your surge.

gud luck.
Best Answer

Hi @Aleagena and @zzjoe thanks for getting back. @yazidsharll welcome to the Forums! Smiley Happy

Sorry for the issues your having with your Fitbit Surge, we haven't received additional information about this issue. But thanks @zzjoe for sharing those steps. Your feedback is really appreciated. Please let me know if you need me to request a case with our support team, so they can check your options.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer
the issue keep on comming on me.
i need to perform the steps everytime to sync.
i have 2 units of Surge. now I'm using the old unit but similar issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Gave up and went Apple Watch :watch:️

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

There's something both incredibly satisfying and horribly frustrating to find so many other people with the same problem. I'm on fourth Surge unit, with three replacements under warranty because of strap issues (either splitting or peeling away from the unit). And each unit had also some sort of Bluetooth problem after a few months' use as well. My current unit will not synch, and neither my iPhone 6 nor my Mac will now even recognise its existence as a Bluetooth device. I tried removing it to set it up again, and I can't even do that any more. The only good thing is that the strap hasn't broken yet. Time to give up and move on to piece of kit I can have more confidence in, I fear. Shame.

Best Answer
i hate it when it's happen.

a few restart of the tracker solve the issues without need to remove and
add it back in fitbit apps.
now, i'm already in my 1st week owning FITBIT Ionic.

new tacker and better, feel lucky not to option to Garmin Foreunner 645 or
Garmin Vivoactive 3 music.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree moved to Apple Watch no issues (touch wood!)

Si
Best Answer
0 Votes
I choose Fitbit Ionic over others.
Happy with it now.
Glad do not choose either Forerunner 546 or Vivoactive3 Music.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry double posted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the ionic, too. It’s pretty nice and have no issues as long as app is up to date. Surge is garbage. . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody! Thanks for posting your inquiry here in the Forums! Cat Happy

As mentioned before if you're having issues with the Bluetooth Classic option in your Surge. As I mentioned before please restart your tracker a couple of times, update your Fitbit App and phone to the latest version. Access to the Bluetooth settings of your mobile device to delete Fitbit Surge from there. Reboot your Bluetooth once again and try to reconnect your Fitbit as a replacement device from the Fitbit App: 

iOS: Account > Set up a device > Choose the option replace

Android: Main Menu > Devices > Tap on the (+) sign in the upper right corner > Replace your tracker

PC: Open Fitbit Connect > Set up a new device > Existing user > Replace tracker

(Surge should connect with the Fitbit App / Bluetooth Classic is used for Music Control only) If you're having syncing issues try the restart one more time and check this syncing steps.

Once your Surge is syncing you can try to use the Music Control option; this should be able to switch from Off to On or Pair. You can see this master post from@DerrickFitbit to use the feature Music Control again.

If you already try this option, please let me know so I can check the next step for you.

Let know is this helps! 

Best Answer

I've faced similar issue more than a year ago, but brushed it aside as I don't actually need it to sync with app or pc. However, I've recently signed up for Singapore's National Steps Challenge, and it requires me to sync with a step tracker. And so I need it to sync badly now! 

I've tried everything suggested by users here, and then wrote to Fitbit, who suggested the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Turn your Fitbit device off and back on using the instructions in How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try setting up your device again.
  7. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet.
  8. Try setting up your device again.
  9. If you can't set up after removing all other Fitbit devices, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Yes, I've tried them, still it doesn't work. I shall reiterate the issue faced by all of us here: Surge can't turn its bluetooth from "off" to "on/pair". It will hang and restart everytime I do so. Hope the Fitbit team would acknowledge this issue and is working on it. Or maybe it doesn't, since Surge has been discontinued.

Best Answer

Your nice words sadly aren’t fixing anything. You are king a great job but fit bit needs to sort this and

A. Just stay it doesn’t work or like most tech companies have a comparability graf showing what device and its features work with different apple, android or google devices.

B. Give an easy video tutorial for fixing the problems with this exspensive device. 

C. Time is valuable and the time Fitbit customers have wasted trying fix a clunky product is **ahem**.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes GARMAN next time for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes