Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge Bluetooth Classic Issue - Auto Restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just encountered one issue today. When i tried to turn on my Surge Bluetooth Classic, my device will automatically reboot. I tried it for 3 times and it keeps on rebooting the device. I shut down and start again but didn't help to resolve the problem. Anyone facing the same problem here? Help needed! Thanks. 

Regards

Kelvin 

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

I've had mine for 18months now. What is the warranty on the Surge?

Best Answer
Give up fitbit. I did.

Enviado do meu iPhone
Best Answer

Hi guys! Thanks for posting your inquiry here in the Forums! Cat Happy

In case that you're still having issues with the Bluetooth Classic option in your Surge. As I mentioned before please restart your tracker a couple of times, update your Fitbit App and phone to the latest version. Access to the Bluetooth settings of your mobile device to delete Fitbit Surge from there. Reboot your Bluetooth once again and try to reconnect your Fitbit as a replacement device from the Fitbit App: 

iOS: Account > Set up a device > Choose the option replace

Android: Main Menu > Devices > Tap on the (+) sign in the upper right corner > Replace your tracker

PC: Open Fitbit Connect > Set up a new device > Existing user > Replace tracker

(Surge should connect with the Fitbit App / Bluetooth Classic is used for Music Control only) If you're having syncing issues try the restart one more time and check this syncing steps.

Once your Surge is syncing you can try to use the Music Control option; this should be able to switch from Off to On or Pair. You can see this master post from@DerrickFitbit to use the feature Music Control again.

Let know is this helps! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I read somewhere in this thread a workaround that worked for me. Drained the battery and left it a few days and plugged back in. I was able to go back in PAIR mode and connect with my iPhone. Hope there are no more issues down the line.

Best Answer

Hi @drumhead and @thong, it's great to see you're participating on the Forums!

@drumhead Actually, this is the second time that I see that draining the battery out and left it a few days helps for this issue. Thanks for the heads up, if you continue having this issue please let me know as the next step would be check with our Support Team. 

@thong Sorry to know that your Fitbit is not responding to the suggested steps. I'd like to clarify that our purpose is help users and try to lead them into a solution in order to fix issues, we don't want to sound disrespectful as we seek that all comments should be constructive and relevant to the topic.  Thanks for attaching those videos and sharing your though about it. I really appreciate your feedback. In this case I think that it'd be best to get support from our Team, if you wish I can help you with that by requesting a case for you! 

I'll be around, please keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit !

It is impossible !

you can read my comment that I posted a year ago. My Surge has had this problem for a long time. Even not a few days, its battery was empty for six months because I did not want to use and charge a Surge without bluetooth and sync. You see, for six months I did not charge but It was still buggy when I turned it on 10 days ago.

why??

you just say that but have you really done that yet?

Best Answer

Hi @thong, thanks for getting back! Please wait for the follow up email fro our Support Team as they will be reaching you out to assist you with this. Please let me know if you need anything else.

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
This is realy unfortunate,
more than 2 years later and still no plausible fix, not even an update to
show that they are trying something to solve this permanently.

I learned that if I turn off all the options on my surge (heart rate,
notifications and backlight), there is a better chance do turn on/of the
bluetooth, but still not good enough.
Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit @Fitbit, and @ everyone .

I don't wanna say so much. But you have to read carefully to solve  this problem.

The first: The surge have this error after upgrade firmware, it means It can not switch on, pair or off bluetooth, so it can not connect to smart phone, computer by bluetooth or dongle to sync data, setup or upgrade firmware.

The second: Although that is an error or an option, you must to acept that the Surge can sync with Windows 10 by cable (only Windows 10 not XP, Windows7, windows 8). You can watch video on Youtube. And it means this is the only way to sync or setup.

==> So, to solve this problem you have to upgrade newer firmware or dowgrade firmware through app on Windows10 appstrore. It means you have to bring this option to app Windows 10. We are waiting for.

By the way, I recived your email, I'll contact with suport team but I don't know this is effective or not.

Best Answer
So If there are all this complex steps, why nobody showed us a tutorial or
something? Why every time I come in touch people give me those dumb
troubleshooting like, "restart your surge", "turn off your daily sync",
"remove and add again to your surge account"... And what makes me more
nervous is that some of these don't even take into consideration that I
can't turn on my Bluetooth sometimes.
Now my Bluetooth is on 24hours, I can't turn it of because it restarts. I
have less than 48 hour battery. But sometimes I turn it off and I can't
turn it back on again for weeks, even months.

I hope there is a real solution for this, not a fake troubleshooting to
make you feeling like you helped us, when you really didn't.
Best Answer

Wow! I have just read through all of these postings spanning for over a year. I have the same issue with my second Surge (first one had the red light issue and Fitbit replaced). 

I think it would be best if Fitbit just admitted that there is an issue with the Surge and stop with "let me know how it goes" and "I'll be around" .

You can read how frustrated users are with a very expensive device that seems to have an average lifespan of about 8-10 months.

1. Admit, Yes there is a problem and then 

2. Find a solution for the problem

Blood ridiculous!

Moderator edit: Word Choice

Best Answer

Hi @rmarquescampos@thong and @paul.r.arthur! Thanks for keep sharing your thoughts in regards to this matter.

I want to clarify that is never our intention to cause frustration to our users or to give misleading information too. We understand where you're coming from but at this moment we don't have any other detail about future updates for Fitbit Surge, although as mentioned before we're passing this information along to our team. 

For those that are trying to connect with Windows 10 via Fitbit App it should be syncing using the Wireless Dongle or Bluetooth depending on what type of computer you're using, since some has built in Bluetooth. When you're having issues with the auto restart from Bluetooth Classic you might try the options above, as it's worked before for some users; but in case it didn't, next step would be contact our Support Team so they can provide proper assistance.  We have no information from our team stating that this issue is caused by the last update sent to Fitbit Surge, since the scenario for each user has been different.

Sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Please let me know if you have more questions.

I'll be around.

Best Answer

Yes. I'm having the same issue here. Restarted iPhone and tracker but still no fix.  I now have an expensive watch.  Just happened a few days ago. Fitbit has replaced this watch two times already. Each one with a different issue. I'm at a loss...

Best Answer

Thanks for joining to the Forums @Oukorean1980! Thanks for trying the restart on you Surge too. In this case I think it's best to contact our Team directly so they can give you the next step, so please wait for a follow up email. You'll get it shortly!

If you have any doubt about it, please let me know!  Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Ok, sounds good. I will await further instructions.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for understanding! Feel free to come back at any time, in case that you have questions about your Fitbit; or you can just hand around, there is plenty information here and new ways to make friends. Cat Happy

Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips. This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: You know you're a Fitbit addict when...... or Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here!

Have a nice day! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

When Fitbit surge's bluetooth classic is ON, it auto reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, Tan. Fitbit won’t help unless you’re under warranty. My Bluetooth function is busted, as well. They weren’t able to help troubleshoot a solution. I now have an expensive fitness watch that’s been replaced by company three times already. My advice is to look elsewhere for next fitness watch purchase. 

Best Answer

How you doing @PG_Tan? Thanks for joining this family, hope you like what find here! Have you tried these steps?

Thanks for your feedback @Oukorean1980.

Let me know if you need more help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the steps. I think the bluetooth is dead. A few days before bluetooth broke down, the battery drain very fast and flat in 1 day even fully charged. I tried to sync with PC using the dongle, it does not work as well. It is Surge's bluetooth issue.

Quite disappointed with poor quality of the expensive device. 

Best Answer