Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge Bluetooth Classic Issue - Auto Restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just encountered one issue today. When i tried to turn on my Surge Bluetooth Classic, my device will automatically reboot. I tried it for 3 times and it keeps on rebooting the device. I shut down and start again but didn't help to resolve the problem. Anyone facing the same problem here? Help needed! Thanks. 

Regards

Kelvin 

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

@mttan wrote:
Ya, it shows us they are not prepare to find out what's the problem with their products and improve them.
When I find out that their so call "service center" only for return purposes, to only serve those under warranty, I know I can't trust this company. A Surge is not a cheap product!
Considering Apple Watch Series 2, can swim with it.

Sent from my iPad

This might be the solution.  Fitbit "Surge" is no factory reset that why we cannot retutn to default.  My Surge can go back to default by accident.  I gave up and leave without charging more than a month.  I recharged , turn on again and found that all record and setting gone.   Then I begin to pair as usual and it works.  I have used it for 2 weeks with only a problem : battery drained.Screenshot_2017-03-13-21-28-48-073_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue as well. every time i go to bluetooth classic ON on my fitbit it restarts and it wont sync with my app on my iphone 7

Best Answer
Problem solved!  Bought a Garmin.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Hi everybody! Hope you are doing great and enjoying some healthy activities. Robot Happy

Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service, platform and devices. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

If you're still having issue with your Surge restarting when going to Bluetooth Classic and not syncing properly as @yels1010 mentioned, you can try the steps provided in this post. This workaround has helped other users. Please let me know if this helps!

See you around! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

This is my second surge, same issue after one year if use.  fitbit surge cannot sync. Whenever turn on classic Bluetooth in surge setting , the surge will reboot by itself. Same issue with my first surge. 

This is a scam product. I feel. That there seem got some sort of kill switch or something. 

Best Answer

It keeps on happening, the surge no longer syncs.  I tried getting in touch with costumer service and they were not helpful. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue with 2 surge. Just sync with a working surge and it works. This confirm is watch issue. Seem that this wearable last only a year. 

Best Answer

Hi @dorst622 and @yels1010! Thanks a million for placing your comments in the Forums! Smiley Happy

@yels1010 It seems like you already have a case from our Support Team, sorry they couldn't help you with that, we don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success, rest assure that your feedback has been taken! In case that you need information about your Fitbit warranty, please let me know so I can assist you with that!

@dorst622 Thanks again for sharing your thoughts in this thread too. Your comments are always welcome!

I'll be around in case you need anything else! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I am considering getting a garmin. How long does garmin save the activity log  data? 

I use log activities to reference and monitor my training. 

Best Answer

Hi @dorst622! Thanks for getting back! I'm sure they have all the information that you need in its website, but in case that you have any doubt on how Fitbit tracker works, I'll be more than glad to give you a hand with that.

Have a good one! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

Most of the case, now it is no problem.
We have already changed to another tracker.

Best Answer

Smiley LOL

Hahaha

Best Answer
0 Votes

Upppps! Robot Embarassed We're sorry to know you're not longer stepping with us @Apichai! If you can benefit in any way from our Discussion boards you and @dorst622 are invited to keep posting around!

Till next time! Woman Happy

Best Answer

Seriously, i am wearing my 3rd fitbit surge(my wife's). i do not wish to purchase another. i just hope there is a better fitbit product surge 2 or something better. but seem other brand is catching up. with no further innovation, fitbit will be like a comet, come and gone....

Best Answer

Mine does the same thing. Did you get an answer back yet?

Best Answer

Same issue which has been getting worse, today 3 full resets still hasn't resolved - every time you click on Bluetooth the Fitbit reboots

cleary a fault they should fix??

Best Answer

Probably the same problem: When scrolling the Bluetooth menu to PAIR, the Surges freezes and restarts. --> Not able to connect to app or PC. 

The clock shows wrong time also...  What to do? Tried so much of the above suggestions, but nothing works...  Tips and Tricks anyone?

Best Answer

Same issue just started happening with my Fitibit HR. I lost the sync with my iPhone and when I now try to switch to pair in the tracker it will auto reboot - so basically i have a non-functioning tracker. Has this been fixed or anyone has gotten a way around this?

Best Answer

How long have you been wearing your fitbit? 

Solution so far is get another fitbit and sync.

I am wearing  a 3rd surge. 

Best Answer

I bought mine in January, and the problems showed up in June. So 7 months of use...  I went to the store, and they will send the Surge back to the workshop... As they said, you will probably get a new one...

Best Answer
0 Votes