Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge Bluetooth Classic Issue - Auto Restart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just encountered one issue today. When i tried to turn on my Surge Bluetooth Classic, my device will automatically reboot. I tried it for 3 times and it keeps on rebooting the device. I shut down and start again but didn't help to resolve the problem. Anyone facing the same problem here? Help needed! Thanks. 

Regards

Kelvin 

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

Thanks for the update @dorst622. My advise is to contact back our support team and let them know you are still experiencing issues with syncing your Surge so they can continue with the assistance. 

Let me know how it goes! Woman Very Happy

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

@lkwkelvin , have you solved your problem yet? I have the same issue too, I strongly think its the App problem, once I updated the App on my tablet, my surge's bluetooth cannot switch off too, it restart / reset automaticly, I tried to remove my surge on my tablet, and relink it again, when I tried to switch off the App, my surge cannot switch off the bluetooth again, and now, I switch off the bluetooth when my tablet's fitbit App is still on, now my problem solved, my bluetooth can switch off now. Hope this can help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I end up buying a new pcs. seem to be related to hardware. 

the first surge last about 10 months, i hope the second surger last longer.

if same issue happen, i am going to give up fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have experienced the same issue. Surge just cannot switch on the Bluetooth classic. Pressing the Select button from off to on but couldn't even move to pairing. It was frustrating to try the entire day trying to fix this issue and the phone can't even syn now. Timing is all wrong and I cannot use it as a watch now. What should I do having done all the advises from the community chat. Just feel like throwing this surge away!!!!!!!!
Best Answer
Poor @TuanLiew, hope your surge still under warranty, go to the customer center fix it asap. As @dorst622 said, it should be the hardware problem, nothing we can do at home.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem, among many others.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same issue.
My fitbit surge was replaced the third times, since it was under warranty. The same issue was happened repeatedly. Please suggest me solution.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm experiencing the same thing too. Removed my surge n tried to repair. Can't do it and its really driving me crazy. The watch is working fine but the syncing is not. Not worth the money to buy another surge when its not made to last.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Seem that this is a common problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is the battery drianed.
It can run only a day.

Best Answer

It's great to see you around guys and welcome to the Forums @mengmac, @TuanLiew, @jmcpherson, @Apichai, @LeMoonBear  ! Woman Happy

@mengmac Thank you for your suggestion and the participation in this tread. 😄

In case that you're still having issues with the Bluetooth Classic option in your Surge. Please restart your tracker a couple of times, update your Fitbit App to the latest version. Access to your Bluetooth settings to delete Fitbit from there. Reboot your Bluetooth once again and try to reconnect your Fitbit as a replacement device:

iOS: Account > Set up a device > Choose the option replace

Android: Main Menu > Devices > Tap on the (+) sign in the upper right corner > Replace your tracker

PC: Open Fitbit Connect > Set up a new device > Existing user > Replace tracker

If you're having syncing issues try the restart one more time and check this syncing steps.

Sync your tracker; this should be able to switch from Off to On or Pair. You can see this master post from @DerrickS to use the feature Music Control again.

Hope this works for you guys, let me know if you need more help. I'll around! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks but it doesn't work.

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's exactly what I've done when I faced this problem. But it seems like it doesn't resolve the problem and it links to more problems on the tracker such as the battery couldn't sustain more than a day. Need to charge it everyday. Thanks anyway for your information. 🙂

Best Answer

Hi,

I have this issue since November 2016 too. At first my Surge won't sync with my Iphone 6. I decided to delete my surge from my apps. Since then I could not pair with my phone anymore. The apps keep asking if my surge is not power on, seems like my phone could not detect my surge. At classic bluetooth only exist "on" and "pair', 'off' is missing. It happen when its exactly 1 year old, ie no more warranty....

Best Answer

Good morning @lkwkelvin and @Apichai! Thanks for getting back to me. If you've tried those tips already and it didn't help I'd suggest contact support directly so they can check what is happening with your Surge. Smiley Embarassed

I appreciate the time your took to do all these steps, hope to see your around guys! Smiley Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I had 2 surges and had problems with both: 1st one faced the Bluetooth/ restart issue, never solved. Got a replacement: 2nd one battery drained and it stopped working out of nothing... each didn't last 10 months... I gave up Fitbit and bought me a $200.00 Garmin, which so far is nice and reliable...

Best Answer

Hi All,

I am having the same issue and I have done everthing that is told on this forum. Still no success. I have written to the support team and waiting for their instruction.

Harsh

Best Answer

this methos is Work Heart

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hope you’re enjoying the forums @Harsh.madaan@MiloS and @NaunG! Thank you very much for your feedback @MiloS, sorry for the inconvenience. Feel free to keep posting and sharing your thoughts!

@Harsh.madaan I think that's the next step too, hopefully they will be able to help you with this, please keep us posted on the resolution.

@NaunG That's great!  If you have time, please check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle, you might be interested in this topics: Marathon Training or Plant-Based eating?

I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Ya, it shows us they are not prepare to find out what's the problem with their products and improve them.
When I find out that their so call "service center" only for return purposes, to only serve those under warranty, I know I can't trust this company. A Surge is not a cheap product!
Considering Apple Watch Series 2, can swim with it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes