Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge band bubbling

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys I bought I fitbit just over a year ago and for the most its been a decent little tracker however lately it has started to bubble and come away towards the top of the screen like the glue that holds the strap has perished or something.

Also the top right button doesn't depress no more i have to push it very hard to get it to register the action.

I dont have a receipt anymore but I have seen topics with same issues and wondering whats best approach 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Welcome to the forums!

Contact support

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Hope to see you around the forums! Join in on the discussions forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Yep contacted support they are sending out a replacement unit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Plonkafrench! Thank you for sharing your Surge band inquiry. 

I'm glad to hear that you're getting a replacement unit. 

Thank you for your advise @WendyBRobot LOL

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had a similar problem as Plonkafrench with my Surge, only worse...the glue on one of the buckle side of the band failed completely, and the band won't stay on the watch without the glue.  Fitbit support says that the Surge's band is not repairable or replaceable.  I've used the watch for 14 mos., so it is only 2 months out of warranty.  This is the 3rd fitbit watch that I have owned over the years where the band has failed, and I've replaced all of them.  Customer service says that their procedures are inflexible and refuses to replace the watch.  I like the watch itself but am very disappointed that failure of the band requires it to be replaced after such a short time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @ILoveTennis2018! Thank you for sharing your experience with your Fitbit Surge. We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success.

You might have the time to read more about the Warranty Policies from Fitbit, so you can have a better understanding of the response that you got from our support team.

I'm sure our Customer Support team will be more than glad to help you further with this if you have doubts. I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And I hope you'll understand why, after 3 band failures, I'm done with Fitbit!

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see the issues and I had this one nearly two years once or IF this one fails I will be unable to get the replacement so I will prob go with Apple or a smart watch alternitive as I only need the calories and HR functions

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to us and for your comments @ILoveTennis2018 and @Plonkafrench. I´m sorry to hear about your experience.

Fitbit team works to improve our products and services.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Guys so my replacement has arrived I aint looked on the forums yet but how do I replace the device in terms of linking it to my fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to us @Plonkafrench. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your inquiry regarding linking your replacement Surge with your Fitbit account. 

Follow the instructions to set up a replacement device to your account.

Let me know if you have more questions. 

Best Answer

My fitbit surge is just 2 years old and when I charge it and place on my wrist it is blank in 20 minutes .... please help me as I love my Fitbit and paid a lot of money for it 

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @Maggiebowen1. I'll be glad to assist you with your Surge inquiry. 

In order to better assist you could you please let me know if your Surge turns off every time you place it on your wrist. I would recommend restarting your device with the following steps:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

Let me know how it goes and I'll be waiting for your response.

Best Answer
Thank you I will do that today the screen only stays on for about 20 mins after the device tells me that it’s fully charged then all gone shut down all black .... appreciate your help as I love my surge so much 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us @Maggiebowen1. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your Surge battery life inquiry. Thank you for following the recommended steps.

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf. Please check your email.

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer

I think being done with Fitbit may be the best option unless you want to continue to purchase new trackers all the time. It’s really too bad that their highest priced product, at the time, has such poor quality. The replacement offered, or small discount feels like disrespect when spending so much money on something used everyday, but can’t last a year. 

Best Answer

Screenshot_20190113-111017.jpg

Replaced

България
Best Answer

I have a Surge Watch and it has started to bubble on the strap by the screen and it has started to come away  I am gutted because l love my watch and l use it everyday.  

What do l do  

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

Hi @Mmorud and @OldMan1792 a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Nice to see you here @Pescho33Smiley Happy

@Mmorud and @OldMan1792 Sorry about what happened to your Surge band. Thanks for the feedback, I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep the conversation open with our team, they can review your warranty options. 

@Pescho33 We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Me too! My Surge band is disintegrating after 2 years. Been holding it together with elastic bands in desperation, but now less and less to hold onto. I love my Surge but it is falling to pieces faster than my body.

Best Answer