Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to replace Watchband? (Surge)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have fitbit surge. on this watch is broken watchband. I have been unable to find this watchband. where can I buy watchband? or do I need to buy a new watch?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @ducsfan2000thank you for your participation in the forums! Smiley Happy

Sorry for the inconveniences some of you experienced with the Fitbit products and I want to thank all of you for the time you took to share your thoughts with us. I assure you that we take in consideration all the feedback our users provide and we're working everyday to be the best fitness company.

I know that you may be questioning about the quality of Fitbit but, I assure you that we test our Fitbit before releasing them to the market and we expect the highest quality in our products and services. As I've mentioned before, our Limited Warranty cover the Fitbit products for 1 year from the date of purchase, except that if you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) and you purchased your Fitbit product in the EEA, the warranty period is 2 years from the date of purchase.

I'll be around if you have questions! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

The band is part of the Surge, it's a whole device. 

Feel free to contact the support team:

http://contact.fitbit.com 

When looking for a new tracker, if out of warranty.. feel free to check out the Fitbit Blaze, it's like the Surge though has replaceable bands, a coloured screen, calendar notifications,.. it doesn't has a built in gps but can use the GPS on the phone when wanting to.

Does become available soon and can be pre-ordered from the Fitbit Store.

Best Answer
0 Votes
it is not right. it's not fair. this is your mistake. I persuaded many of my friends to buy fitbit. check out my challenges. I like this watch. help me please. I'm not asking for a gift. I am willing to pay for a new watchband. sell it to me please.
Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @Ustinov1980! I have answered your inquiry in this post.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
Helena, sell me please Watchband fitbit surge
best regards, your client
Best Answer
0 Votes
Helena, please YOU reach out to YOUR Customer Support team and I'm sure they'll be glad to further assist for ME.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would recommend contacting the support team. I had the little bracket that securesthe buckle come off and within 10 minutes of my call to the support line, I was set up with a new fitbit for delivery.

The lady I was working with, (Marie C) was very helpful and dealt with the issue promplty and without any third degree.

Since there are no band replacement parts due to the design of the surge this leaves very few options. Luckily my device was wqithin the warranty and things worked out.

Give them a call and good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
@Ustinov1980. The band is part of the watch and CANNOT be swapped.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ustinov1980 Unfortunately our Customer Support team cannot create a ticket for you, you'll need to reach out to them via email, chat, tweet or voice. 

@Racerx67 Thank you for your help!

@tcole That is excellent news! I am very glad to hear about your experience with our Customer Service team. Thank you for being a part of the Fitbit Family, hope to see you around the forums! Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

If your band is still partially attached like the first picture, superglue works great and holds much longer than what FitBit used. I haven't had any issues after glueing mine back together. 

Best Answer

The watchband cannot be replaced.  When you are out of warranty you will not receive a replacement should your replacement band fail within 12 months of receiving it, even though Fidbit admits the Surge has a design defect/flaw.  If out of warranty (12-months from date of original purchase) you might be offered a 25% discount of another product/tracker.  Fortunately I purchased an extended warranty through Best Buy when I bought it and when the replacement Surge failed with 24-months of my original purchase Best Buy allowed the entire purchase price of the Surge to be credited towards an Apple Watch.  After progressing through 6 various Fitbit trackers between my wife and I when it admits its own design flaw but will not stand behind its product we will not spend another penny on any Fidbit product.  

Moderator edit: Word Choice

Best Answer

Hey @ducsfan2000thank you for your participation in the forums! Smiley Happy

Sorry for the inconveniences some of you experienced with the Fitbit products and I want to thank all of you for the time you took to share your thoughts with us. I assure you that we take in consideration all the feedback our users provide and we're working everyday to be the best fitness company.

I know that you may be questioning about the quality of Fitbit but, I assure you that we test our Fitbit before releasing them to the market and we expect the highest quality in our products and services. As I've mentioned before, our Limited Warranty cover the Fitbit products for 1 year from the date of purchase, except that if you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) and you purchased your Fitbit product in the EEA, the warranty period is 2 years from the date of purchase.

I'll be around if you have questions! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

eBay has them for sale. Thanks 

Best Answer

I also received  25% off to purchase a new watch online from Fitbit. I purchased a Surge watch for about $200.00 plus? My warranty  ran out about a month and a half ago. The problem like many of you, the band was designed wrong. My watch was a medium,  my wrist is medium to small due to the weight I lost. In any case the band was never to tight on my wrist. The band is pulling away from the screws they used to attach the watch. There is a very thin and small layer of material from the band that was designed to hold the watch together. It is the company's fault the watch design ran into problems. Customers should not have to pay for this. I guess I will continue to pop the band back together untill I can purchase an Apple watch. I paid to much money for the watch to have this problem to just be given 25% off to purchase a new watch.

Best Answer

Hello, @loretta_eason! thanks for stopping by! Based on your recent Fitbit Community posts, I understand that you've been having problems with the band of your Surge, which makes you feel frustrated.

We strive for excellent customer service taking into consideration all of our member's feedback regarding our products, hence launching innovative products. Depending on available warranty  (it might vary based on your region) we search for suitable options to keep you in the Fitbit family reinforcing a healthy lifestyle. This is why sometimes gestures of good will, like discounts, are offered; for more information you can check our warranty policies.

@Drbruno4, hello there! It is nice to see you around, thanks for letting us know that they are for sale! Cat Tongue

Thank you for your comprehension.

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit company should be ashame of themselves. They knew the design of the watch band would be faulty. They still went ahead and attatched a thin layer of plastic to the screwed in heavy metal part of the watch that absorbs most of  the stess while the user wears the watch daily. This was an expensive watch, supported to be well made. The watch should had lasted longer than one year. If I had checked the watch for cracks in the band in the underside touching my skin with a magnifying glass almost a month after my warranty, I may have seen the cracks in the black band with my glasses, but I did not see them even when I charged the watch at night. So again, I say shame on you. My degree and training is in Advertising, and Customer Service. I would talk about and show my watch to my students and friends. Now I can tell and show them the bad quality and service of the Fitbit company. I can reach even more of my friends on facebook. You can keep your 20 per cent coupon. I do not trust your watches, nor your advertising information. I hope my friends see visually the same thing. As the saying goes seeing is believing. All I wanted was a good watch.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
 Very disappointed with the way the watch band has held up. I've had two of them.  Warranty ran out on both just before. Both  broken. One had the red light of death. Fitbit is a joke when it comes to expense and quality. Quality should not equal $1.00 a day.
Best Answer

Not only can you purchase a new watchband on Amazon but you will find nice videos on Youtube on how to replace the watchband.  I just watched one myself.  It is very surprising Fitbit doesn't try to help users find this information to keep their devices looking nicer and functioning longer.

Best Answer

@BLUELIGHT_Surge@Ustinov1980@loretta_eason; As @tiffsterr noted at the end of the thread (entry 18), replacement bands for the Surge can be obtained from Amazon and YouTube has several videos showing how to do it. Only FitBit can explain their behavior and apparent lack of concern regarding the quality of the Surge band and its overall durability. They're just not talking. I'm sure they tested it before releasing it. I just don't think it was "real world" testing conditions. Good luck to all of you.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

I'm really tired of the whole strap thing and sendinf in my tracker to get repaired. First one they did it and now they expect you to pay. Why dont you just send us the new fit bit because I'm sure ive paid you guys more than enough to repair this one for you to just give me one that wont do it any more. If not ill just jog the hell away with one of your competitors

Best Answer