Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to replace Watchband? (Surge)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have fitbit surge. on this watch is broken watchband. I have been unable to find this watchband. where can I buy watchband? or do I need to buy a new watch?
Best Answer
0 Votes
49 REPLIES 49

I'm really tired of the whole strap thing and sendinf in my tracker to get repaired. First one they did it and now they expect you to pay. Why dont you just send us the new fit bit because I'm sure ive paid you guys more than enough to repair this one for you to just give me one that wont do it any more. If not ill just jog the hell away with one of your competitors

Best Answer

I had my Surge replaced due to charging issues after speaking with 2 managers...Thank you. 

Now the band is coming apart at the "screw area" @ about 1.5 years later.

I umpire a lot of games and love the count down timer function.  Not being able to replace the band or fitbit knowing they have a design flaw is ludicrous!   offering a 25% discount to purchase another $200+ fitbit sounds like a good marketing ploy to sell more product.  Fact is Fitbit we as consumers have a choice to purchase other brands for similar functions and costs.  we chose fitbit because we felt the quality was going to be backed by the name.

Best Answer

@Aqhasaenz If the band is the only issue, Amazon and E-bay sell aftermarket replacements and YouTube has "How to" video's. Just a thought to extend the life of your Surge.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

I bought a new strap off eBay, cost about a fiver, took less than 5 minutes to fix it and it's as good as new.

Best Answer

I have had 3 surges replaced do to the band separating, this has to be one of the worst designed products ever, if it was a car it would fall under the lemon act. I now have my 5 month old replacement coming apart, I have no use of their 25% discount after paying $ 250 for this worthless Fitbit. They should be giving a new Blaze or something for this lemon or at least $20 toward anew fitbit that have replaceable bands..

Best Answer

I feel exactly the same bought my watch in April 2016 and the strap has failed 6 weeks after the 2 year warranty has expired!

Called customer care and all I was offered was 25% of a new watch. This watch cost nearly £200. Disgrace can’t even get a new strap. Myself, my wife and son all have fitbitx will be getting an Apple Watch!

Best Answer

Amazon and eBay both have bands,  YouTube has videos.  Just make sure not to throw away the chip that's underneath the band.

Best Answer

Does it really matter if replacement bands are available on ebay, amazon, or anywhere else.

The point is that Fitbit sold us a defective product, replaced it with a defective product, (and for those of us who complained enough after the '12 months from original purchase warranty') and replaced it with another defective product.

There is CLEARLY a design flaw in the fitbit surge when the band fails after a few months.

This is clearly indicative of a complete lack of integrity by fitbit.

Best Answer
EXACTLY, and thanks!
Peace.
Best Answer
I agree they have replaced mine 2 times and I have put 2 bands on myself.
Very poor design.
Best Answer

Hi everybody thanks for posting your inquiries, comments and feedback in this thread.

It's always good to check possible options, thank you for all your suggestion about how to replace bands but remember that it's best to check with our team your warranty options, as they check each case scenario individually before giving any final resolution. If you don't have a case open please let me know so I can help you with that.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My wife and I no longer own any Fidbit product.  The company lost loyal customers a long time ago because it refused to stand behind its "defective" product, which Fidbit was aware the Surge band would and did fail.
Peace,Larry
Best Answer

Hi @ducsfan2000 thanks for getting back. I understand where you're coming from. We don't want to create frustration in our customers as Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and support. I hope  you can give us a chance in the future. 

I've passed your feedback to our team.

Thanks for sharing.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been through 2 watches because of this issue and if your watch is 1 year or less, a customer service rep will probably replace the whole watch with a smile on their face.

If not, they won't be as friendly and offer you 25% off coupon to buy a newer model. (this was my experience)

I finally went on an online auction site and found a new 'knock off' band and after watching another online video instruction, in 5 minutes, had it fixed.

Now that Ionic is on the market, I am having 'the dreaded and not fixable or addressed by fitbit' red light syndrome.

There is a little 'antenna under one of the straps that must be gently lifted out and put back under the new 'knock off' band.

It's very sad that fitbit never came up with this or ANY solution.

After a moderator sees this, my experience has also been that they will probably cut anything related to a solution that doesn't include 'pro-fitbit' propaganda but worth a try.

Research other brands, just saying.

I'm now having the 'dreaded red light' problem now that customer service has no solution to but to give you a coupon discount for a NEW IONIC.

Best Answer

I have also had the same problem with the cheesy wrist bands breaking due to the cheap band material!  Was past a year and FIT BIT said it was not going to repair or replace.  I had been wearing my fit bit with two rubber bands keeping it in place!  People ask about it and I show people at the gym the cheap product so they do not waste their money on a FIT BIT!!   Very sad!

Moderator edit: Word choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found a replacement band on eBay, complete with repair tools and I found instructions on YouTube on how to replace the strap. the wristband was only $10.98 for Black, and they also have several other colors.The seller I used is dwaldrop420 because they are located in the US, which means I will have the strap in just 3 days. Better than paying $150-$300 for a new device. Fitbit support, if you are monitoring this, you should get on the ball and offer wristbands yourselves. As for me, I have stopped recommending your products because of your "throw-away" attitude about your devices. You should at least allow in-warranty devices to be returned, factory recondition them, and resell them yourselves at 25-50% discounts. You would then have Many more satisfied customers, instead of those of us who are no longer loyal to you.

Best Answer

If fitbit would have just replaced this Surge with a different fitbit that
they brought out after this lemon I would have been happy with the customer
service but they continued to exchange mine and then offered me $50 toward
what they should have sent out to replace the piece of just I paid $300 for.
I am going to look at Apple as I have repllaced 3 bands and I am done with
this when this band breaks. Probably the worst customer
service in the US.

Moderator edit: Word choice.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your comments @RuralJohn@Turi@cousindanny and @gkun.

Sorry to hear what happen to your Fitbit! I know that you maybe questioning about the quality of Fitbit but, I assure you that we test our Fitbit before releasing them to the market and we expect the highest quality in our products and services. Rest assure I'll pass along the feedback, your voice is being heard. Fitbit is always reviewing your responses to provide feedback to our product development team.

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Cat Happy

Best Answer
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........Thank you for the ‘canned response’
Best Answer
Not sure what you meant by "canned response," but you are welcome.
Best Answer