Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate steps on my Surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi there

I don't think my fitbit counts my steps accurately as I can have it on step and walk around the block and its only counted 600 steps ish, as my wifes has counted 3000; the walk is approx. 3000 steps. ive tried resetting my watch and ive checked the step setting in the advance settings and still the same

cheers

Clarified subject.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for popping by the forums @l8tonHow you doing? Smiley Wink

Sorry about your missing steps! Thanks for the steps that you already tried, well done! Please let's keep helping your little buddy by restarting it a couple of more times. Then follow the accuracy test steps, so we can verify how is this working. Robot Happy

1. Put your Surge on your.
2. Walk 100 steps, making sure to count a step each time one of your feet hits the ground.
3. Pause, then check your tracker to see your step count.

If your tracker counted less than 100 steps or more than 100, please let us know and we'll see if we can investigate further. Sometimes, when you start walking you may notice that your steps may not update on your tracker right away. After about 10-15 continuous steps, you'll notice the steps catch up and start updating in real-time with each step you take.

It's important to specify whether you wear the tracker on your dominant or non-dominant wrist, please check the recommendations about choosing the correct Handedness. You have that option also in the Fitbit App > Account > Surge > Handedness. When you mentioned checking the Settings, did you check the stride length information?

I'll be around, let me know how this works! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Out of curiosity, what is your wife using to count the steps? Same placement as yours?

Best Answer
0 Votes