Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My surge is one hour ahead and nothing I've tried will correct it. 

I've rebooted I've changed to time zone back send forth. I've synced but nothing!

The app and online show that I've synced but still the time stays 1 hour ahead. 

Help! 

Suggestions please 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everybody! Thanks for posting your inquiries here, I'm glad to see you here in the Forums, your comments are very important for us! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the help @wmchapman!

Good to know that you were able to fix the time on your Surge @vidal271

@GrantM64 and @mcnamara if you're still having issues getting the correct time on your Fitbit, take a look of this post. Hope this helps.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Check the timezone on your mobile since your Surge gets the time from there, when the time looks right for where you are, open the fitbit app and touch pull down on the screen, any change?

If not hold the left and bottom right buttons down until your Surge turns off.

Press the left (home) button to turn back on - should auto sync, all good?

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
Thanks for the suggestions. All tried but no change the time remains one hour ahead. 😠😠😠
Phone at correct timeLaptop at correct time
Continued help please!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Thank you for the suggestions. All tried

Unfortunately no change.  Time still one hour ahead. 

Mobile app at correct time

Laptop at correct time

Continued request for help plesse

Thank you

Best Answer

Try the reset again, if still not right then make sure it is actually talking to your mobile or laptop by walking a few steps and seeing if the dashboard count changes. If not then you aren't syncing.

If it does change then delete the fitbit app and reinstall a fresh copy.

If still no change, check with online chat for more options, I'm sure just a communications glitch (otherwise wouldn't be an exact hour 😉

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

I still can't get the correct time show up, either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get the time right

Best Answer
Dear All.
Matter resolved thru the Fitbit help team. Involved an uninstallation and reinstallation of the app on my phone, followed by a reboot of the Surge.
Thanks for all your suggestions and help
P

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Hi everybody! Thanks for posting your inquiries here, I'm glad to see you here in the Forums, your comments are very important for us! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the help @wmchapman!

Good to know that you were able to fix the time on your Surge @vidal271

@GrantM64 and @mcnamara if you're still having issues getting the correct time on your Fitbit, take a look of this post. Hope this helps.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer