Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Surge Stopped connecting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hallo I bought 15-6-2016 a Fitbit surge, but last weekend it stopped loading. Can you help me to a contact page ?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Halo @Tiela thanks for stopping by! Thank you for your participation in the forums! Cat Happy

Good to know that you've a loyal customer since that date! As @WendyB said, restating the Surge a  couple of times would be a good idea. Clean the charging contacts on the back of your Surge. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

Please try to reconnected to your Fitbit Account by following the Setup steps for different platforms. And always check the syncing requirements to properly connect in case you changed your mobile device. 

Hope this helps! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the forums!

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

If that doesn't help
Contact Support
http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1

I'm sure support will take care of you

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Halo @Tiela thanks for stopping by! Thank you for your participation in the forums! Cat Happy

Good to know that you've a loyal customer since that date! As @WendyB said, restating the Surge a  couple of times would be a good idea. Clean the charging contacts on the back of your Surge. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

Please try to reconnected to your Fitbit Account by following the Setup steps for different platforms. And always check the syncing requirements to properly connect in case you changed your mobile device. 

Hope this helps! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Yojana
THANK YOU.
I claened the contacts both on the device as wel on the loading cable.
AND NOW IT WORKS AGAIN.
Thank you very much.
grt Tiela
Best Answer

Hi @Tiela! Great job! Thanks for let me know that it worked and for marking this post as an Accepted Solution! Woman Very Happy

I'm glad to know that you're back on track! I wanted to take the opportunity to invite you to our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Saturday Humor or What is the most interesting place that you have walked run?

Happy stepping! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes