Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post workout map won't load

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi,

We went on a couple of hikes this week. The first time the map of our route loaded perfectly. Then nothing. GPS seemed to be working on my Surgeon during the hike. When I sync, though, I can see heart rate data, but the map data (which I really want) is completely missing. Any way to get this data to display? I noticed a year ago, a series of forum posts said Fitbit was updating software. Are you still working on this problem, or is it something I'm doing? Weird it worked 2 days, but failed yesterday.

Thanks.
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Even i faced the same porblem.

I ran 32kms with GPS on,So after post run,there is no map display on my mobile but if i check on desktop its displaying.

I tried to uninstall my mobile application and re-install,but still its not displaying.

Hope any one provides with the solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rohitentp and welcome aboard @p1clifford80.  First thing to review is if your tracker is properly setup on your account. I had a friend who experienced the same issue and he did not realised the tracker was not pair to the account. If this is the case, let me know which device you are using as the steps may vary and I can help you further.

If everything is correct, then make sure your Surge has fix your location.  If a signal isn't found within a few seconds, a Quick Start option appears so you can start your activity immediately while Surge keeps looking for the signal. However If you start moving before the signal is found, Surge uses your step count to estimate the distance you traveled before GPS tracking began and it wont show the map course. 

If the map is showing on your web-based Dashboard but not on your app, I recommend logging out from Fitbit account and restart your mobile device. Once it has loaded sign back in and try to see your map.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
I've had similar but worse issue on my surge the last 2 weeks. Have gone for several walks and bike rides where all is good. Map shows both on app and web dash. however, on two different occasions when I've exceeded 30 miles on bike ride, the map doesn't show either on dashboard or my app after completion and sync. All other data displays, just not the map on those long rides. Frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

19.8 mile run never synced with my mobile device.  I tried to force the sync overnight and let 'er run - no success.  Guess it has to be done in segments?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same thought though that would be a work around of a defect in my opinion. But I've been able to get a map sync for bike rides of 20 to 22 miles. (but not for the rides of over 30 miles) where your run was about 20 and didn't sync. So perhaps the issue isn't distance based after all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TheCount @notop71 It's great to see you both in the Community! I recommend restarting your trackers as advised in Meylin's post. Once this has been done, try tracking your exercises one more time and check out if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friends! 

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My omissionn to not have provided this detail in prior post. The problem persists after a restart. After the first 37 mile ride that didn't sync, I did indeed restart the device as directed.  Then subsequently, a 34 mile ride also did not sync re map data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @TheCount. I would like to know if you keep having problems with the information that your Surge is recording? If you do, just keep in mind that the environment you are in can affect the signal strength of GPS. For example, if you are running in an urban environment with many tall buildings, it may take your Surge tracker several seconds to get a fix. 

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

The problem persists on any activity that exceeds 25 miles or so. The specific routes where it has failed are not in areas that would limit GPS strength. The device has tracked those routes successfully before on several occasions. I've restarted the device. That didn't help. The last time I rode one of the routes in question I broke up the ride into segments and 'completed' the exercise activity after each 10 miles. All segments were captured. It's not a weak signal issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @TheCount! Thanks for your response! Smiley Very Happy Hmmmm this sounds pretty weird. In this case is better that you contact Fitbit Support, so they can take a look into your account and see what is going on with your Surge. Also, when you contact them, please let them know that you tried to restart the device, so you go straight forward to another troubleshooting. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I have had a similar problem. Two previous hikes display all data including the map. Todays hike has the details but no map. On the PC dashboard it is there but the mobile app just has the spinning icon. Im running the app on a samsung galaxy s7 edge. I have logged out of app and restarted phone as suggested to no avail. Any other ideas?

Best Answer
For what it's worth. I finally resolved my issue by using the app on my iPhone, selecting "my account" from the bottom icons, selecting my surge, then scrolling down and selecting "remove this surge" from my account. Then I re added it to my account same as if I'd just bought it. Next long ride the map gps data synced just fine. Worth a try. Obviously do a sync if possible before the remove step to preserve latest data. And I point out, my surge had functioned perfectly regarding map sync for quite some time then suddenly stopped syncing gps map data. If your device has never worked properly this probably won't help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @fitzpatrickab, how are you today? By any chance, have you tried to set it up your tracker as a new device as @TheCount mentioned? if you haven't, please take a look of the instructions on this post to set it up your Surge with an Android phone and let me know if that works! 

@TheCount I appreciate you have shared this idea here with us. I'm pretty sure this workaround might help other users that are experiencing the same issue, to resolve it. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hi there. I've just tried that and the map for my most recent hike is still not loading yet the previous two have, as before. I will try it out with another hike soon. It may be just a technical hitch with the data from that day?

Best Answer
0 Votes
As you suggest, I think the best action is to see what happens with your next activity. I should have clarified I never did get the missing maps from my prior rides to appear/sync. all other stats from those rides did sync but not the maps. I had several failures over the course of a week or so. My remove/re add process didn't fix that retroactively. But I did get gps map data on one of the same routes that had failed before after I did the remove/add. And it's worked ok several times sense.
Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI a year later this is still an issue.  I did 35km yesterday and the map won't load.. don't ask me to reset and try again.  Fix the issue that is happening to all of us please, I would like to see my map for yesterday's workout.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And 18 months after this last post this still appears to be an unresolved issue. Yesterday I walked some 28km. It wouldn't show on any of my 3 devices: iPhone (which furnished the GPS which captured the walk!), iPad or PC. As suggested, I restarted my Charge 2 and the walk and the route now shows on my iPhone, but not my iPad!. On my PC a graphic of the walk can be seen, but when you attempt to expand it, this appears:

Oops! Something's not right...

We're experiencing an internal server problem. Please try again later or contact support

If this statement is correct, you have been "experiencing an internal server problem" for several years. When can we look forward to it being fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s what I did about a year ago. Satisfied so far. Other than Aria scale, have decommissioned Fitbit devices. To each his own. Too frustrating for me. 

Best Answer

Yup.  I don't mind issues, nothing is perfect but here they clearly just cbf and are ignoring us.  I still want to see my map from over 2 years ago lol 35km was significant for me and I have no record of it.

Best Answer
0 Votes