Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post workout map won't load

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi,

We went on a couple of hikes this week. The first time the map of our route loaded perfectly. Then nothing. GPS seemed to be working on my Surgeon during the hike. When I sync, though, I can see heart rate data, but the map data (which I really want) is completely missing. Any way to get this data to display? I noticed a year ago, a series of forum posts said Fitbit was updating software. Are you still working on this problem, or is it something I'm doing? Weird it worked 2 days, but failed yesterday.

Thanks.
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

I hear you. After repeatedly resetting my device I gave up and wrote off recovery of my missing data as a lost cause. I hadn’t been on this site in forever and today got alerts about new posts. I can see I don’t have to second guess my choice. Sorry for your loss. Better luck in the future. 

Best Answer

Hey guys thanks for posting your inquiries here. I'll do my best to help you out with this.

@tusker Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit, we has in the past issues related to that error but now it should be working just fine. Please check that your phone is connected to a strong signal of WiFi or restart your phone in case that you're using your mobile data. Also check that the Fitbit app is using the recent version.

In some cases, we might have to check how your phone is working, since in this case your phone might be having a hard time finding the GPS signal. A weak GPS signal on your mobile device is often caused by environmental factors such as tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, or even thick cloud cover. All of these can interrupt the connection between your tracker and GPS satellites. 

Thanks for your feedback @TheCount @tm129, sorry to hear about your decision but we understand your point.

I'll be around in case that you need anything else.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response. Sadly, I don't believe your advice is going to help with the issue. 

My iPhone appears to be showing my 28km walk last Wednesday correctly. When you tap the map in the dashboard for that day there is initially a 'spinning wheel', but tap again and the map appears. I presume that this means all the data for this walk is sitting on your servers. As far, all good. However, as I stated previously, the same can't be said when I try to see the same walk and on my iPad or PC. On the iPad the spinning wheel never goes away to reveal the map of the walk, and on my PC I get the '

Oops! Something's not right...

We're experiencing an internal server problem. Please try again later or contact support'

message. 

I find it odd that the dashboard works as intended on one device, which surely confirms the data from both the iPhone and Charge 2 has been combined and sent to your servers, so why can't it be seen on the other 2 devices?

Regards.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @tusker, thanks for getting back. Thanks for sharing those details, I recall this issue in the past but it didn't affect all users. Thanks for reporting it, please confirm that your computer and iPad are up to date, same thing with the Fitbit App. Hope it helps.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Yojana,

To answer your question, the iPad is a 9.7 inch pro running up to date IOS and Fitbit App, and the PC is running Win 10 V 1809 OS Build 17763.253. The 'Oops..' error happens in Edge, Chrome & Brave browsers, so I think the error is your end. Please comment on how and when a user's data reaches and is stored in your servers.

Regards....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for getting back to us and for providing your information @tusker. I apologize for the delayed response and thank you for reporting this issue.

Our team is currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndreaFitbit wrote:

Thank you for getting back to us and for providing your information @tusker. I apologize for the delayed response and thank you for reporting this issue.

Our team is currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

'Our Team is CURRENTLY working to resolve it' As a couple of months have now passed since you made this statement, so you must have much to report on progress made. I very much look forward to your reading on this forum a detailed report of this work and seeing what progress you have been able to achieve. Yesterday I undertook another 7 hour hike using my Charge 2 and latest iPhone XS. Exactly the same issue arose as previously reported - all information correctly shows on the phone, however the iPad and PC only recognise where and when the activity took place, but are unable to display a map of hike trail. May I suggest that you allocate and display a unique registration code to each and every activity captured (something that must happen in the background), so that when we report issues, we can give you that registration code so that you can specifically look at and report back on that event from the server-side point of view? In a nutshell, Fitbit has no problem correctly capturing and displaying a hike provided it is a low data load, but is incapable of correctly capturing data and making it available to view on dashboards in other devices if the hike lasts longer than hh hours or extends for more than nn Km.
Best Answer

They have no intention of fixing it.  I made them aware of this issue over 2 years ago and it's still a problem.  Then when I am critical of the delay on this forum they delete my comments ...soooo... They're not going to fix it.  Go buy a Garmin 

Best Answer