Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Add a Fit Bit Surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had my Fitbit Surge setup on multiple Android devices and my Windows 10 PC and all was well. 

During the last week my data quit sync'ing.  I tried everything to get it to sync and it didn't work.  I turned bluetooth off and on, restarted devices, etc.  I saw where having it on multiple devices might cause issues so I removed the Surge from one device. SURPRISE!  That removed it from *ALL* devices, even my Windows PC!!

Now I can re-add the Surge anywhere, on the PC or on my Android phone.  It says to press and hold the power button for 3 seconds.  I do this, and nothing happens.  I pressed the left and bottom right button and restarted the device, still nothing.  It searches and can't find anything.  I do not see it in the list of bluetooth devices when scanning from my phone.

I love activity trackers, and if I can't get this one working my next one will NOT be Fitbit.

Please help.  Why does it say to hold the power button for 3 seconds and then I do and nothing happens?  Why does removing a Surge from one device remove it everywhere?  Why is there so little support on here?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

When you remove a device you are removing it from your account, not the device, so it affects all devices.

I'm not sure what procedure you were following but here's the restart instructions for the Surge:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

Is that what you tried?  This procedure is known to sometimes not work so it may be repeating this a few more times. It's usually the best solution when fitbits lose contact.

Best Answer
0 Votes