Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Cues Gone from Settings?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just went for a run for the first in a few months and got run cues from my Surge every 10 minutes as I had set it up last year.  I want to change it back to getting run cues every kilometer but I can't find where to change that setting anymore.  Where is it now? 

This is what I see in my Surge settings: 

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Rafael.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I found the solution: I changed everything back to English both on the website and on the Surge and now I can change the run cues settings again.

When I moved to Germany last year I changed all my settings and firmware to German (language immersion is the way to go). It seems that Fitbit, for some unfathomable reason, left the "run cues" option out of the German firmware. 

Thanks @WendyB and @Julia_G for your replies.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi, @RafaelN, it looks like you are looking on your web based dashboard.  I think you will need to go to your app dashboard to edit your run cues.  

On your app go to Account .  Under Settings find "Exercise Tracking", then choose cues.  There you can change whether you get settings for distance, time and frequency.

I hope this helps!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply, but I can't see it on the app either. This is the bottom of the settings screen (the top only shows the different goals available)

2017-03-19 21.57.08.png

Best Answer

Edited: looks like you are in the Android app.  Got to admit I am struggling to find it... It is definitely there in the iOS

Best Answer

@RafaelN   okay, found it.  On your Android app choose Account, choose your device (Surge), choose exercise shortcuts, choose run and then run cues gives you a menu option. 

Best Answer

@RafaelNPlease clear your cookies and cache

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

Its on mine

runcue.jpg

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@Julia_G:  I only see a "Run" line in the exercise shortcuts, but no menu. Nothing happens when I touch that line!   (Don't mind the German names for activities)

2017-03-20 08.14.50.png

Best Answer

@WendyB: Where exactly do you get that?  After erasing all my browser's history, cookies and data I see exactly the same thing I saw yesterday.  

Best Answer

I found the solution: I changed everything back to English both on the website and on the Surge and now I can change the run cues settings again.

When I moved to Germany last year I changed all my settings and firmware to German (language immersion is the way to go). It seems that Fitbit, for some unfathomable reason, left the "run cues" option out of the German firmware. 

Thanks @WendyB and @Julia_G for your replies.

Best Answer

Hi, @RafaelN, well done for solving that mystery!

Best Answer

It turns out that even if I change the website back to German I still get the option for Run Cues in settings. So, it's a firmware issue. 

By the way, my German colleagues at work had a good laugh over Fitbit's German translation of  of "Run Cues for Free Run". The German translation means "Activity signals for activities that cost nothing" 🙂

Screenshot_2017-03-20_10-05-52.png

Best Answer

That is very entertaining. 

I have marked your post as the solution.

Best Answer

Thanks for the help @Julia_G and @WendyB! Hey there @RafaelN! Thanks for join us in the Forums! Smiley Happy

I've reviewed the information that you provided when trying to solve your inquiry. I really appreciate the feedback, I've passed along this information to our team.

I dont' know if you're familiar with our Discussions board, there is a really good chance for you to like it. In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Marathon Training or What is the most interesting place that you have walked run?

I'll be around, catch you later. Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes