Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Battery Not Lasting.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has Fitbit support told any of you to turn off functions - so the watch will work?

I use my Fitbit to track my health, sleep, heart rate everyday.  The only exerise I do, outdoor biking for about an hour everyday.  Sometimes less, sometimes more.  I stop and start my surge Bike Exercise to track it, which gives me a GPS map of every ride.

Eventually, the battery will cease to hold a charge more than two days.  When this happens, I ussually cannot get two rides in the same charge - so charge for more than an hour everyday.  I have called service, and they have been all to happy to send me another Surge, but never once saying what is wrong or if it is fixed.

I have Surge replacement #3 that is only two weeks old and the battery drains fast already.  I rode the bike today, for one hour, and the battery is down 25%, by tomorrow morning it will be down 50%. 

This is an open file with Fitbit Support (#3BG446RNF) and they are monitoring.  I received an email this evening from Fitbit support telling me:  "We suggest using SmartTrack to track your exercises, this way your Surge will not use GPS." .  The email goes on to explain that is why the battery drains as they saw I rode for an hour and 5 minutes today.  Essentially, telling me not to use a function the watch provides. (I already have every other function turned off, back light, auto sync, notifications, text, etc - because they said it drains the battery.)

Has anyone else been told to not use a function so the product will work?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

That is rediculous. The whole purpose of using the watch is to track your workout. I have a fully charged surge and no options are turned on. The battery died in 2 hours. This happened  a few months ago for about 2 weeks, then was completely fine now it is dies quickly again

Best Answer
0 Votes