Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Firmware Release - 16.34.6.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Surge users have successfully updated to this firmware: 16.34.6.1I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your firmware to 16.34.6.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. 

If you're experiencing any issues with your Surge, unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 11/2/2017

Hey, Surge users! 

I wanted to let you all know this firmware release to version: 16.34.6.1 is now out to 100% of users. Please update your trackers! Take a look at our update instructions and make sure to charge the tracker to a full battery before you begin using it again. 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/2017

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Surge users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Fitbit Update: 10/17/2017

We've begun to roll out new firmware for Surge! This is a progressive rollout, and all Surge users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. This firmware update includes:

Click here to see our firmware release help article for more details on version 16.34.6.

Instructions for updating your tracker can be found here.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
145 REPLIES 145

There is some genius in this firmware ... while the version 16-34-5-14 was dated from spetember 2015 and that we were many to claim the new features installed on the other watches: invitation to move, breathing aid Zen, etc.

Fitbit has the genius to deliver a firmware update with only one functional evolution (except the security bug fix) is, ... is, ... I give it to you: the ability to remove a feature!

So nothing new, other than the ability to put off continuous monitoring! The next evolution will undoubtedly propose us a function destruction ... to be sure that we buy another watch, but be some dear genius of Fitbit, it will not be one of your watches.

Very, very disappointed ...

Best Answer

I don't believe there will ever be any significant "feature' update since the Surge has been discontinued

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

haha no wonder the sleep monitor has never been updated to that of the Blaze,this is a joke.

goodbye Fitbit hello Garmin!

Best Answer

The Surge has been discontinued?  You mean the watch I bought and received this week is already obsolete?

Best Answer

the news the Surge is discontinuated is 2 months old

Best Answer

So we who have waited for updates that allowes us to get notifications from WhatsApp will never get this I guess!

It’s been 2 years now since you promised us that you were working on this and that a solution were near. That’s customer service at it’s worse!

The next training clock I’ll buy will NOT be a Fitbit, that’s for sure...

Best Answer

What's the severity level of this security update? @AlessFitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Roleigh wrote:

The Surge has been discontinued?  You mean the watch I bought and received this week is already obsolete?

Just bought mine two weeks ago. I knew it was getting phased out, but was still hoping to see some continuing support and updates. 

I mean, I have a computer running Windows 8 that still gets updates....

Best Answer

Unfortunately, Fitbit didn't give us a firmware update for 2 years, and this new firmware didn't provide any new function. So I'm pretty sure that this is the last one.

If you want some new feature then buy a Ionic or any smartwatch running with Android wear 2 (for example : https://www.mobvoi.com/pages/ticwatchse witch have a really good price/functionality/quality ratio)

Regards.

Best Answer

@JamesIFL What this security update does is fix a potential vulnerability, please look at the "important" security rating in the article: How do I interpret the severity of a Fitbit security update?

@SunsetRunner We’ll continue to support Surge from a software standpoint. If you come across any hardware issues, we have you covered under our one-year warranty. Whether you are in warranty or not, our Support team will be happy to help should you have any issues. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

So if you are saying what you are writing and I'm reading, then it means that Fitbit will update the Surge to work with the Iphone 8 and the latest IOS operating system (at least for the next year).  I'm awaiting that.

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit wrote:

@SunsetRunner We’ll continue to support Surge from a software standpoint. 

In the next software update, I want to see a record of the sleep stages. Can you do that ?

Best Answer

There won't be a next update. Sleep stages is what I wanted too, my Blaze had it. 

@sucan64 wrote:

@AlessFitbit wrote:

@SunsetRunner We’ll continue to support Surge from a software standpoint. 

In the next software update, I want to see a record of the sleep stages. Can you do that ?

Best Answer

I just bought my Surge two days ago. I had no idea it had been discontinued. So much for believing Consumers Reports Magazine. The August 2017 issue did a rating on Fitness Trackers. The Fitbit Surge got the highest rating!!

Best Answer

@Kiki68 wrote:

I just bought my Surge two days ago. I had no idea it had been discontinued. So much for believing Consumers Reports Magazine. The August 2017 issue did a rating on Fitness Trackers. The Fitbit Surge got the highest rating!!

I know.... It's pretty ridiculous. My girlfriend's Fitbit that cost 1/2 the price of a Surge has all of the new features. In-depth sleep tracking, calendar notifications, activity reminders. Lol....

It seems like the lack of (upcoming) features on the Surge has made a lot of people (who paid $200+ for a top-of-the-line fitness tracker) feel pretty betrayed by the Fitbit company..... I should have looked at these forums before purchasing. I would have seen that there is a record of the company neither implementing features for the Surge, nor taking the customer's suggestions to heart. They give us a place to vent and voice suggestions, but then throw them in the trash while saying, "Oh, that's neat, we'll tell our development team about that idea!"

At this rate, Garmin will be having my business when this Surge conks out.

Best Answer

Moved to Garmin already, Surge on fleabay tomorrow

Best Answer

Wow. An update? How about a working replacement? The Surge is rubbish! I hope to find a better product from someone else. Goodbye Fitbit. I will encourage others to join me.

Best Answer

Consumer reports are shills that can be bought, and they don't do real in-depth testing anyways. The internet and forums like these are the best places to get real feedback, from people that own and use the products.

Best Answer

This firmware has now been released to 50% of all Surge users. Please update your trackers if you see the update available to you!

Best Answer