Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge Won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Surge battery died. Plugged in and charged for 3 hours. But still won't turn on. Have only had the Fitbit surge for 1 1/2 months. What is wrong?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27
Figured it out!
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @SunsetRunner! It's great to have you here! 

I't's good to know that your Surge is working properly know the battery should last at least 7 days if you're using the GPS can last 5 hours or less, you can take a look at this article in order to maximize the battery life. 

Hope this helps! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

My Surge will not turn on any ideas ?  Help desk diidn't help as they said hold all 3 buttons whist the surge is plugged in via the usb for 15secs. if that does not work but a new one

Best Answer

It's great to have you here @Nev666! Welcome to the Community! 

Let me help you out, in order to perform the restart follow these instructions:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on

Also double check that your Surge is being charged correctly, I recommend checking this article

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around Robot Happy

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

Hi. My surge is fully charged and will not turn on. It only works when it is charging,as soon as I unplug the charger it switches off and will not turn back on. I have done what you suggested above and it hasnt worked. I only purchased and set it all up yesterday. Please help,thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
The help desk should help with this, I have had better advice using email.

My issue still continues , Ie it came to life after for 48 hrs after rebooting it some 60 times. It now does not turn on !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh no not another microsoft - sell you something that doesn't work. just wasted a whole day trying to get my new Surge fitbit to work, just wont turn on - very very disappointed after trying every known fix many times - Looks like its back to the shop on monday!  

Best Answer

im having same trouble as i just got mine also

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Any ideas how to resolve this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Alas no , as I am still liaising with the help desk via email

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my surge n I charged it for 3 hrs n won't turn on all it shows is the back light.  Nothing displays on the screen. It tries to connect with the app cuz it gets to the point where it asks me for the 4 pin code that should show on the surge but nothing displays just the back light when I press the left power button.  Some one plz help. 

Best Answer

Hey there @Grumpz! Nice to see you here too. I just replied your other post with some instructions to follow, please follow those steps, and in case you need more help; you can post in this thread or in the other one. Hope you find all you need here in the Forums! Heart

I'll be around! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I miss placed my fit bit surge  for a while. Plugged it into charge it and it's completely charged but will not come on. Can you help me please ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see new users around @Griggskatie65

Let me help you with your Surge. Please double check that is charged by following the charging best practices then restart it 2 or 3 consecutive times. 

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around! 

Best Answer

Thanks MaginFitbit, this reset worked perfectly for me too.  Is there any advice or indication as to why the fitbit would appear to be flat/off when fully charged?  Are there possible software updates required?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for visiting the Community @norgus

It's great to hear that you got it sorted out. If you're experiencing any kind of glitch regarding the battery my best advise is to take a look at the charging best practices

Hope to you posting more often!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit surge battery died (I was sick and forgot to charge it).  I have never let my watch's battery die ever before.  I have had it plugged in for about 6 hours.  No light, or anything is showing.  I have tried all the possible above things to start / restart / turn it on....absolutely nothing.  No light or anything anywhere...no vibration....nothing!  I have not had this watch for very long.  (this is my 2nd fitbit surge...1st one I had for a few years...and this current one I have is a replacement from the warrenty from my first watch).  I have had no issues or weirdness or glitches with my watch prior to the battery dying (and yes it just naturally died because I forgot to put it on the charger).  

10-08-2017 11:27
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to see your comments here in the Forums @Trinty425. Welcome! Cat Very HappyHeart

This is pretty odd! Please put your Fitbit Surge to charge a couple of minutes and try the restart again while it is connected, this time do it multiple times. If this doesn't work, let me know so I can check with our Support Team to see what other option we have for you. Smiley Frustrated

If any of this steps works please let me know, I'm very interested in helping you out this! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes