Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not saving (or not syncing) run data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Lately my 2-year old Surge has been failing to synch my run data with my dashboard. The steps data is being transmitted - just not the run data. I've tried rebooting the watch several times to no avail. Anybody have a solution?  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey there @Shaw54 and @Clarebear29, it's great to have you here in the Forums! Heart

@Shaw54 Exactly! Your update is correct, as you can see in this picture the option Treadmill doesn't have the option to connect with the satellite; since this activity doesn't need to be tracked using GPS. So, you're right! Keep using Treadmill run for indoor activities and Free Run for your outdoor runs. That should work for you! Woman Very Happy 

run surge.PNG

@Clarebear29 In your case some times high buildings, trees and weather may cause an interference on your GPS signal, but it sounds odd that only one tracker is having this hard time. You can restart the Surge tracker to fix any hardware issue the tracker may be having.  For best results, wait for your Fitbit to find the signal before you start your workout. Woman Happy

Keep me posted on the outcome, I'be glad to keep helping you out! Robot LOL

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello, @Shaw54! Welcome, welcome!Heart Hmmmm...this sounds very weird. Just a question how are you recording this running data? Are you using the running option on your Surge's exercise menu,or are you using SmartTrack?

Please provide as much details as you can of the situation so I can better assist you. :}

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

It is weird. The running data transfers whenever I'm outdoors using the GPS. However, when I run on an indoor track, using the "Free Run" option, the watch tracks the run stats (I can check the time/distance/avg heart rate) but the data does not transfer to the Dashboard. Maybe I should be using the "Treadmill" option for indoor running?

An update. I tried the "Treadmill" setting and the data transferred successfully. So it appears the "Free Run" setting does not work indoors.

Best Answer

Just got back from a long run and mine is doing the same. Steps and floors have been logged but the run map hasn't appeared. 

Best Answer

Hey there @Shaw54 and @Clarebear29, it's great to have you here in the Forums! Heart

@Shaw54 Exactly! Your update is correct, as you can see in this picture the option Treadmill doesn't have the option to connect with the satellite; since this activity doesn't need to be tracked using GPS. So, you're right! Keep using Treadmill run for indoor activities and Free Run for your outdoor runs. That should work for you! Woman Very Happy 

run surge.PNG

@Clarebear29 In your case some times high buildings, trees and weather may cause an interference on your GPS signal, but it sounds odd that only one tracker is having this hard time. You can restart the Surge tracker to fix any hardware issue the tracker may be having.  For best results, wait for your Fitbit to find the signal before you start your workout. Woman Happy

Keep me posted on the outcome, I'be glad to keep helping you out! Robot LOL

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer