Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not syncing stats after App update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

Since the Fitbit app update my surge records my activity as expected but does not always sync fully with the app. This is random, with no real pattern. For example today I performed weights and spin but it shows nothing on my app yet the watch displayed a recorded the activity fine. 

Any suggestions please? 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @Jones378 and @Caroline82, posting here your inquiries, it's a great way to know people's experiences and opinions! Robot Very Happy

Please confirm that your Fitbit App and phone are up to date first, then you can follow these steps:

1. Force quite the App and turn off your phone
  2. Open Fitbit App, go to Account (upper right corner) > Delete Fitbit tracker from the Account
  3. Open the Bluetooth Setting on your phone and delete Fitbit tracker from there too
  4. Reboot Bletooth to make sure tracker is not there
  5. Restart your tracker  a couple of times and Access back to Fitbit App > Account to set up your Fitbit tracker back
  6. Turn on notifications

This should solve any syncing issue that you're having, please keep me posted on the resolution! Smiley Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

I have had that same exact problem! I sent an email to their customer

service, I'll post on here if I get it figured out!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Jones378 and @Caroline82, posting here your inquiries, it's a great way to know people's experiences and opinions! Robot Very Happy

Please confirm that your Fitbit App and phone are up to date first, then you can follow these steps:

1. Force quite the App and turn off your phone
  2. Open Fitbit App, go to Account (upper right corner) > Delete Fitbit tracker from the Account
  3. Open the Bluetooth Setting on your phone and delete Fitbit tracker from there too
  4. Reboot Bletooth to make sure tracker is not there
  5. Restart your tracker  a couple of times and Access back to Fitbit App > Account to set up your Fitbit tracker back
  6. Turn on notifications

This should solve any syncing issue that you're having, please keep me posted on the resolution! Smiley Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you @Jones378 and @YojanaFitbit for your responses. I tried your suggestion just now.  I will let you both know at the end of the week if it has resolved my syncing issues. It looks promising however, as the exercise tonight did not record properly but following the disassociation it sync'd fine. I'll see how it goes rest of the week but hopefully resolved! 😁

Best Answer

Hope you're having a great day @Caroline82! Thanks for getting back to let me know that you found this suggestion helpful. Luckily you won't have more issues, feel free to come back to the Community any time we have other members sharing their experiences and tips in different boards. Smiley Wink

Take a moment to visit our Discussions board  for example, this is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals.

Hope to see you around! Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello fitbit, I have tried everything mentioned on this board to try and sync my Surge to no avail. Tried re-starting phone and Surge several times,nothing works. Deleted Surge from application and phone and tried re-installing and nothing. Please help.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @FV58. Hope you’re enjoying the forums! Excellent work around! Thanks for the details, have you restarted your Surge, if not you can try so. I would like to know which device you're using, you can check our official list of supported devices to make sure about compatibility. Also let's verify if the Bluetooth on your phone is connected or recognizing your Fitbit Surge. Are you getting an specific error while connecting with the Fitbit App? Have you tried a different device? Robot Embarassed

I'll be waiting for your reply! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Yojana and thank you for your reply. Yes I have restarted my fitbit several times and no luck. I bought my fitbit locally about a year ago and it has worked fine with my Samsung 5 but for some strange reason it refuses to connect now. I have other bluetooth items ( speakers, headphones, car audio ) and all work fine with my phone. This all started recently ( right after new years). As a matter of fact, this all started with my fitbit changing time. My girlfriend also has a fitbit ( blaze) and it did the same thing however I was able to get it back on track by syncing on her laptop. Mine refuses to sync with doggle, without doggle, on laptop, phone, etc. Ive also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application on my laptop and phone and nothing. It just doesn't see the fitbit.

Frank V

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

Hi guys,

So I believe it is a specific problem in the app. The Fitbit dashboard at Fitbit.com syncs properly each time. Now every time I record a workout, I have to shut my Fitbit off and turn it back on again in order to get it to sync to the app. Although this issue was resolved for me, it's annoying to have to turn it off and back on everytime I work out. 

Best Answer

Hey there @FV58 and @Jones378, hope  you're having an awesome day! Thanks for sharing all those details. It's great that you've helped your girlfriend. About yours, have you followed the steps above with your phone. Robot wink

@Jones378 Also I would suggest both of  you to check the tips and requirements for syncing with iPhone and Android phones.

If you already tried all those steps, please get in touch with a Fitbit representative, so they can further investigate! Smiley Embarassed

I'll be around! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

happened with me also

Best Answer

How you doing @Tavish.B? Thanks for joining this family, hope you like what find here! Smiley Happy

I'd like to confirm with you what type of device you're using to sync! And if you have tried the steps above. Make sure that your phone and Fitbit App are up to date when trying those steps.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, my new surge(Xmas present)will not sync with my IPhone 4S. I get error messages like (FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 24.) which is the latest. Previously I had error 8.  I have been on the Fitbit website and registered this same complaint two days ago and have had no response either to my email or to  my mobile. I have phoned but waiting times are 10 min.and more.  What can I do ?

Best Answer

Same problem.  I've tried countless times to set up Surge.  Most recently tried to set up to Iphone 7Plus.

Error messages refer to bluetooth errordomain error 24

I tried the set up listed in post but it did not work.

Any help?

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @Hugh52 and @yellowdr, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Cat Happy

Thanks for reporting this information, you will find some workarounds in these threads: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 24 - Resolved: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18. You can give it a try and let me know if you need more help.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issues trying to set my surge up on my phone..... what I did to fix it was:

1. Made sure my surge was completely removed from my phone, both in the app and in the phone Bluetooth settings.

2. Uninstalled the Fitbit app from my phone then restarted it.

3. Went to my fitbit.com dashboard and made sure the surge was removed from there as well (very important!).

4. Installed the Fitbit app for windows 10 on my pc (I'm sure the Mac version would work similarly).

5. Installed my surge to my account through the windows 10 app with the wireless dongle that came with my surge, and downloaded and installed the latest firmware update for the surge, as well as set up all my preferences, and synced one last time to set all my preferences in my surge.

6. Closed the windows 10 app and removed the wireless dongle (very important!). 

7. Reinstalled the Fitbit app on my phone, logged in and the app immediately recognized my surge and synced perfectly....... and has been syncing flawlessly ever since 😉

The trick is to set up your tracker initially on a pc, once you've done that your tracker is on your account, and will automatically sync with most anything with a Fitbit app on it as soon as you log into the app. It also seems to work best when you make changes to your tracker through the Fitbit.com dashboard, then sync the tracker to your phone or the pc app.

Remember not to leave the wireless dongle in your pc or it will interfere with your phone syncing.

I hope this helps somebody 😋

Best Answer

Hey in my case first I had one surge . But after some time it was not syncing. I called the Fitbit office and then after some time said me that they will give me another surge

Best Answer

Hi @Crazy-Fritter and @Tavish.B, hope you’re enjoying the forums! Smiley Happy

@Crazy-Fritter Excellent summary, thanks for trying those steps. I'm marking your post as the "Accepted Solution" of this thread, since it looks really helpful to other users! Thanks a million for the effort you put on trying those suggestions.

@Tavish.B Thanks for the heads up! I hope you can get your new Fitbit pretty soon, let me know if you need anything else.

Happy stepping guys, keep it up! Woman Happy

Best Answer

I'm having trouble with my Surge the last few nights. It doesn't track sleep anymore. I followed your instructions but it doesn't appear to be working yet. Should I wait until tomorrow to see if it works tonight? It did not recapture any sleep data from the past two nights.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @CindyB2

Thanks for posting your inquiry here, it's great to know that you tried the steps above! You're right about testing your tracker after performing troubleshooting steps for the sleep feature. If this is not working, I'd suggest to restart your tracker and give it a try again. Hopefully this time it will track your sleep automatically.  Smiley Happy

Let me know if that works! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes