Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not working after about 27months use

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Touches to screen have no effect.

When battery ran out - we inadvertently brought it to stopwatch and couldn't get off panel.

Surge originally received at deep discount through company - one per associate.

It appears that they would not allow me a second one at same of similar discount.

Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hey @ELPaull, welcome to the Fitbit forums. I've moved your post from Charge HR to Surge board to keep the forums organized. It sounds really odd that your tracker stopped working out of nothing. My suggestion is trying a restart to the Fitbit Surge following these instructions:

1. Press and hold the Home and Select buttons (left and bottom right) on your Fitbit Surge for 10 to 15 seconds, until you see the screen flash or start to dim.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. After your screen turns completely off, wait 10 seconds and press the Home button to turn your Surge back on.

After those steps, the tracker should be working properly, if not, please let me know so I can check further on this issue.

I'll be waiting your reply. Cat Embarassed

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
Hi MarlenFitbit,
The button on the left and the top button on the right no longer depress so I cannot not follow through on your instructions. Please advise.
Thank you,
Ed Paull

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, in combination with a very short battery life even after stopping all functions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you got 27 months out of your surge you probably hold the record for longest lasting Fitbit tracker. If I could see over 2 years without it falling apart I would think this is acceptable and buy another 1 at that point. Emujo

Best Answer

Over 2 years of use is pretty good and much better than 18 months my Surge lasted before too many issues appeared that clearly showed the Surge was no longer functioning.

You must be one of the few Surge owners that managed to get 27 months of use before problems appeared. Once problems do develop, they tend to spiral out of control and you're constantly fighting an uphill battle to make the Surge work as it's supposed to. Personally, I got tired of doing this and threw in the towel last month by looking at alternatives. This includes devices from Garmin, Polar, Xiaomi, Huawei and a bunch of others. Decided to down grade to a Charge 2 and glad that it just works as expected.

Best Answer

Hello @ELPaull@JanKrano@Emujo and @steveting99, it's awesome to see you all here!

@ELPaull I noticed that you already contacted out support team about the hardware issue with the buttons of the Fitbit Surge and they are already handling this situation.

@JanKrano have you tried to restart the tracker? If not, please let me know. For the inconvenience with the battery short life I suggest these tips.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Surge replaced within months of use. My last surge didn't even lasted a month. When I contacted Fitbit with the screen freeze and broken band, they told me to return the defective device, but it was too late. While I was waiting for a response from fitbit, I trashed my defective Surge, I did not expect my surge to be returned (because my other replacement Surge wasn't asked to be returned), so I explained this situation to a Fitbit Management team, but never got a response from them and it's been few weeks now. I'm very dissapointed at Fitbit Customer service and my Fitbit Surge was still Under waranty when it was broken. Maybe it's time for me to look elswhere.

Best Answer
Dear Marlene,

It seems that the Fitbit moderaters want to walk their customers around in
circels.

I received the same advice before, tried it without any result.

As far as I know the battry seems so be at the end of it's life.

I hope this time I will really get a usefull advice (replacement of the
battery) or replacement of the Fitbit Surge.

Best regards,
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JanKrano If your Surge is under warranty Fitbit will replace it. If not, the Surge is considered by Fitbit to be disposable. The battery is not replaceable. Good luck. Welcome the "World of Fitbit."

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Aloha my friends @Johnson_L@JanKrano and @VF31AE3, it's nice to see you again!

@Johnson_L I've been in touch with our support team about the delayed response, please keep an eye of your inbox since you'll receive further information in the next days to complete this process.

@JanKrano I checked this issue and noticed that my friend @YojanaFitbit already created a case with support and they already offered you options to get you back on track.

@VF31AE3 thank you for the information provided here!

Catch you later. Cat Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @MarlenS, i did receive an answer back from the other team, unfortunately they were not able to help me out. At this point, I am giving up, i don't think anyone in Fitbit can help me out, no matter how hard I try, or even if I was in still in my warranty period. I think i will be better off with another company. Good luck to other fitbit surge user, you will need it.

Best Answer