Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge won't swipe.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have restarted my surge several times. I have forgotten the device several times.  It still won't swipe to show anything but clock and/or run. What do I do to fix it?

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hello, late in the day for a reply but i had the same problem, tried everything suggested on the forum, nothing works. I believe the moderators know this as do the manafacturas, the support people were hopeless, my surge is only eighteen months old but their suggestion is to buy a new watch. No surprise there. Wont have another of these things, useless watch, support on a parr.

Best Answer

Hi, 

Thanks for the heads up I will just have to look at my steps on my tablet then by the looks of things then. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  A while back now, my Surge quit responding to swipes on the screen.  All I can use it for now is a basic watch.  No other features are accessible. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Seems to be a big problem with this watch, the support people told me they would give me a discount on a new watch, when I checked all the watches were on special offerNot really being generous. If you sync with you mobile phone Fitbit app at least you will get a record of your steps,this also will correct the time if it changes . Tried everything to sync with my computer but no luck. Good luck with yours.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,  I just received another reply from the community,  They will offer a discount on a new Fitbit but it's not a very generous offer. Well I will not be buying a Fitbit again if this is an on going problem, I will find another brand that I hope will not fail in the task it was intended to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and tried letting the Surge battery go flat. 

I've deleted it from my account on the app; tried resetting and the other steps listed above; all to no avail.

Given Fitbit lost a heap of my data about 3 x years ago, meaning my records on my account are incorrect and the shoddy support available, plus the bubbling effect on the strap(s) - yes, my replacement Surge bubbled up when <12 months old - I think it's time for Fitbit and I to have a parting of the ways.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Divergirlgail 99% isopropyl on the contacts is excellent maintenance, well done! Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with swiping. First, reset your Surge (hold left and bottom right button around 15 seconds), if that doesn't resolve, it's one of two problems: 1) the second cable that connects to the display is disconnected, or 2) it's broken and unrepairable without replacement. If the reset doesn't resolve, it's the highest probability is your display is permanently damaged. Sorry.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kaijai32 regarding "not able to restart my surge because my swipe function does not work", just hold in the left button and the bottom right button for 15 seconds to reset a Surge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ragebe why do you suspect allowing your battery to die or removing/adding would resolve screen swiping issues? I've serviced hundreds of Surges and have often resolved this issue. Letting a Surge die or removing it and adding it will not fix your screen swiping. It's fixable with a reset, or it's a disconnected cable or a defective digitizer. 

PS. Consider buying a replacement band?

Best Answer

@Williger why do you not read what is written?

I clearly stated I had tried the suggestions already given above, in order to effect a repair. 

I have 2 x Surges and 2 x new bands.

I suspect I have in my 30+ year career as an electronics engineer, repaired a great many more - and more complex - devices than your few hundred devices.

I suggest you re-read my post, somewhat more carefully, before launching into your diatribe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ragebe DROP the condescending attitude and bullying, it doesn't motivate people to jump in and try and help you. Your supposed 30+ years of experience working on anything doesn't directly apply to the Surge, or you would've resolved this on your own. You've not answered the questions. Unsure why you suspect allowing a battery to die would somehow fix a broken digitizer. Perhaps you can explain this, considering your expertise?

BOTTOM LINE: If not resolved with a reset, the problem is the digitizer.

Best Answer
0 Votes