Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge won't swipe.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have restarted my surge several times. I have forgotten the device several times.  It still won't swipe to show anything but clock and/or run. What do I do to fix it?

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

It's nice to see you around @62jeanettedolan!

Thanks for all the steps that you've tried to fix the issues with display on your Surge. I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Let me know if you have questions about it. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem yesterday just before I went for a 50km bike ride. The other thing I noticed is that there was a foggy area and this tracker has never been in water, but that went away after a while. I was persistent with the swiping and finally I could get it to my bike setting but it took about 10 minutes of playing with buttons and continually swiping. I was leaving for work today and had the same problem before getting on my bike where I couldn’t swipe past the run screen and therefore couldn’t use it and left it at home. I want it more for than just a watch

Best Answer
0 Votes
Let me know if you solve the problem. It is very frustrating.
Best Answer

I also have this problem.

Best Answer

It's great to see you in the Community @Barbet3145 and @Kaijai32! Welcome. Nice to see you again @62jeanettedolan.

In order to help your Fitbit to response, please restart it a couple of times and try the following steps:

1. Open Bluetooth Setting on your phone and forget the device
  2. Reboot Bluetooth to confirm it is not there connected
  3. Force quite the App, open it again and go to Account > Surge > delete the Surge from the Account > Remove device (iOS), tap on trash can (Android)
  4. Force quite the App again and go back to Account to reconnect your Surge as a new device

Note: If it is not connecting to your phone check that both Fitbit App and your phone are up to date. Also trying a different device can help, to have instructions for different devices check this post. Let me know if you keep having same issues after doing so.

@Kaijai32 Is this the first time that you noticed this foggy area on your Fitbit? Surge is splash and sweat resistance so it shouldn't be an issue as you mentioned that it has never been in water. Never the less it is always important for follow these suggestions when it get wet. Have you read this before?

Keep it dry.PNG

Give it a shot and let me know if that works!  I'll be waiting for the outcome of this situation. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Followed all your advice, surge still not swiping.

Still no joy even after trying all your advice and suggestions.

Barbet3145

Best Answer
Hi, have followed all of the advice and still having difficulty. Now my light will not turn on when I press the light button or tilt the watch. Scrolling through anything is very difficult and dos not easily swipe. I’m having to use a lot of pressure to get anywhere. Is this normal? Is the watch dying? Very frustrated!

The condensation hasn’t lasted and only appeared 2different times when I set it to bike mode.

Help!!!
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Barbet3145 and @Kaijai32! Sorry that any of these steps help you to fix the issues with your Surge. Robot Sad

I've requested a case for you @Kaijai32, our team will be contacting you shortly. @Barbet3145 I noticed that you are already in touch with them so please keep an eye on your email inbox to keep the communication open.

I'm sure they will be glad to see what is the next option for you. Let me know if you have doubts about this. Smiley Happy

See your around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Curious to know how old your “watch” is? I’ve only been using mine since Jan of 2017. 

Best Answer

Still no joy re swiping, I have followed all the steps many times but to no avail! I have 2 other Surges that were replaced because both the straps bubbled and came loose in less than 3 months! Both these and my original surge no longer swipe. I have offered to send them back to Fitbit but their reply was that Fitbit,s policy was not to replace watches after they had been replaced. Although I said that I didn’t want a replacement and that I just wanted this no swipe issue to be resolved, their next reply was that their policy was not to replace a tracker that had already been replaced. So I am now left with two surges that are totally useless! No wonder they have withdrawn the Surge from their range of trackers. Sorry no help is available from Fitbit , from my experience anyway. Good luck, from an ex Fitbit user who is moving on to a different brand.

Best Answer
Mine is Aug 2016. Just under 2 years.
Best Answer

i have the same tried everything mines only a few months old??

Best Answer
You Fitbit should still be under warranty I think. You should contact customer service.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Mine was doing the same thing. I found that if I swipe left and right with a light pressure without lifting my finger that eventually it wil start working for a minute or so. After dining this for a couple days it seems to be working with less swipes. Hopefully it wiill keep getting better

Best Answer

Hi eveybody! Thanks for posting your experience with your Surge!

Have you tried to restart your Fitbit, you can also try to reconnect your Surge to your Fitbit account as this has help other with same issues (Android / iOS platform). If you've tried this already and it is not working, please let me know so I can request our team to open a case for you to check warranty options.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m not able to restart my surge because my swipe function does not work. I can use the left sided button to get to the run function but unable to swipe to the settings function. This is only good now as a watch and free run function. Very disappointed that only after 2 years of having it and using it for approximately half that time that it no longer works.
Best Answer

Hey @Kaijai32 thanks for getting back! As the restart is not an options, why don't you let your Fitbit's battery to run out and then try to reconnect your Surge to your Fitbit account (Android / iOS platform). Our team is already handling your case, so please expect a follow email in your inbox shortly.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also  having this problem tried all advice but nothing works

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning all,  In the last few days my Fitbit Surge has lost it's swipe function I have to swipe so many times for it to work,  I have cleaned the contacts but still not swiping as it use to,  Any help please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes