Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surge not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi everyone, I cannot get my surge to sync fully. The challenges say it isn't synced. I have tried everything I can think of. Anyone got any ideas?
Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community @Twinklez88. Thanks for troubleshooting the syncing inconvenience you have by yourself. I recommend verifying that you have tried the steps in the Syncing Troubleshoot. If you haven't, please follow the tips provide there. 

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a terrible time getting my surge to sync over the last month on either of my Windows 10 devices.  Have tried daily, and only had success 3 times in the last 3 weeks.  I have tried restarting the Surge and rebooting the computers and get the red triangle and the " windows is not reponding..: message.  I have tried it plugged in and not; using the dongle and built in wireless and have not found a solution.  Then suddenly it it will sync.  Very frustrating.  Any Help?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Welcome to the Community @Twinklez88. Thanks for troubleshooting the syncing inconvenience you have by yourself. I recommend verifying that you have tried the steps in the Syncing Troubleshoot. If you haven't, please follow the tips provide there. 

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome! Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

The latest Android app update broke the sync on my Surge.  Yesterday I tried to manually sync ~ 30 times; it worked twice.  Today I tried a number of times before I left for work; no luck.  I grabed my PC sync dongle and hooked it up to my laptop at work.  It synced fine using the PC dongle.  I was finally able to see my stats from last night's run and my sleep pattern.

I tried to manually sync again using my Samsung S5 phone and it still doesn't work.  I am now periodically checking for another Android app update.

Best Answer

I have had a terrible time getting my surge to sync over the last month on either of my Windows 10 devices.  Have tried daily, and only had success 3 times in the last 3 weeks.  I have tried restarting the Surge and rebooting the computers and get the red triangle and the " windows is not reponding..: message.  I have tried it plugged in and not; using the dongle and built in wireless and have not found a solution.  Then suddenly it it will sync.  Very frustrating.  Any Help?

Best Answer

Hi everyone,

I have OPO and S3 mini and both won't sync with my Surge. I tried all troubleshooting advises and still have the same problem. I suspect it has something to do with the updates which recently were applied.

Any advise from fitbit will help!

Best,

Mihail

Best Answer

I was having all sorts of issues with my surge and my windows10 phone, since upgrading to Win10.

However I have solved this issue on my phone by adding the fit bit app to my front screen and the device now syncs with out issue.

It might be worth adding the app as a live tile.

Best Answer

Three hours later ...still not syncing. Helpful messages though ....'An unknown error has occurred!' (loving the cheerful little exclamation mark) and 'You have not synced recently ... need help?'. I think the only help I need after all these frustrating months is directions to the nearest tall building that I can throw it off ... 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @MMitev and @SunsetRunner, @sakura56 it's great to see you around! @SunsetRunner Thanks for sharing the steps you did to fix your syncing inconvenience. Woman Wink If your trackers are not syncing, I recommend following our Syncing Troubleshoot.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Best Answer

I'll be more than happy to vote ...once I have a long-term solution to the problem ... I have received the same guidelines time and time again ...

This seems to me like an automated response ... Fake helpers who rely on the poor schmucks who buy the products to provide solutions. Has anyone told Amazon?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got past that problem by plugghing my dongle in a different USP port.  Now it said "the device connected is ready to use"  and that was it.  The fitbit icon never appear on the bottom of my computer next to the volume nor can I find it by going to "start" then "all program" then suppositely "fitbit"...but there was NO "fitbit" file.  Confusing as hell!  I bought my fitbit surge on ebay so now I dont think I can turn the dawn dongle back to get a replacement.

Best Answer

My Surge last synced on May 27. It's frustrating. I was going to buy one for my husband for father's day and now I think I will get him an Apple watch instead. I see that others are having this issue. I wonder if FirtBit is making any progress as I will still have the FitBit. It seems almost worthless at this point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I had this problem when my phone updated to the newer version of Cyanogen. However I believe it is fixed now. It was an issue which persisted about 2 weeks then the Fitbit app updated.

Hi,

The sync steps did not help. I got newer version of Cyanogen and then my Fitbit refused to sync. The issue parsisted for about a month until I got Fitbit app update. Now I believe is OK.

Best,

Mihail

Sent from my Cyanogen phone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue and after i restarted it synced.

Best Answer

@RitaGM Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Are you still experiencing this issue? Try these syncing troubleshooting steps from my friend @SunsetRunner. That should help fixing that issue.

@MMitev @FitCraig501 It's great to see you in the Community! I'm glad to hear the issue was resolved and that you are now back on track. Make sure to take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having problems syncing my surge with my Iphone.  I could not get it to sync on Saturday Aug. 13 and then it finally synced yesterday morning.  I tried everything in the troubleshooting instructions and still will not sync - all it says on my iphone is that it is looking.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can not get my Surge to sync with my Galaxy S7 even after following the restart instructions.  When I try and pair my phone say regected by Surge.  Also the time is completely off and did not update after restarting.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vicky1964 wrote:

I have been having problems syncing my surge with my Iphone.  I could not get it to sync on Saturday Aug. 13 and then it finally synced yesterday morning.  I tried everything in the troubleshooting instructions and still will not sync - all it says on my iphone is that it is looking.  Any suggestions?

Hi! Did you try everything that they suggest on here? 

I did. And then called customer service. They were toally nice and helpful.

But could not fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did try everything several different times and nothing works.  I glad to hear they were helpful, but are they going to do anything?  Are you able to track another way?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot get my surge to sync to my laptop or my iPhone app.  Keeps on giving me the same message.

As far as i can tell the Windows 10 (grrrrr) update has removed the bluetooth driver from my laptop but this doesnt explain why it isnt syncing to my iphone app.  Its not a new device and worked fine before the Windows 10 upgrade. I had to delete my account as i was having password reset problems.

@HMfit wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarshallToasts Welcome to the Fitbit Community!  If you already tried all the syncing troubleshooting steps (check @SunsetRunner's post for iOS and Android devices) and still nothing; try logging out of the Fitbit app, turn off Bluetooth for 10 seconds and turn it back on, reboot your phone, and log back in. Try syncing. Also, make sure you have updated the Fitbit app to its latest version (check @MarreFitbit's post for iOS app and check my post for Android). Update your tracker as well (check @SunsetRunner's post). @Vicky1964 @krzzzylori

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes