Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way off mileage on my new Surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone have any suggestions- my surge has logged 25 miles today but I've only walked 7k steps or so...anyone else have this issue? Or know how to adjust it to be more accurate? The past two days when I started wearing it has been accurate and fine...

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

When your Surge tracks a walk it calculates distance by multiplying your step count by your stride length. Given your step count is ok then the suspicion must fall on the stride length.

There are actually 2 stride lengths in your profile settings at https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit one for walking and one for running. Have you overridden the defaults? If so then I think you need to review your changes. If you haven't and the defaults are in use then I'd check your setting for height as this is used to calculate the default stride lengths.

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @K8R@SteveH Thanks for sharing that information! Additionally, I would suggest restarting your Surge, in case it is related more to hardware issues. Have you manually log activities recently?  Did you compare your Surge's data with any other device? Are you suing GPS to record your activities? This information is of great help! Cat Happy

Let me know if it keeps happening! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there and thank you both. I restarted it and today seems to be tracking correctly again. I have manually logged activities, but yoga, not running or walking. Haven't used GPS yet- curious to see how that works when I run around the track in the gym...

Thank you again!

Best Answer

Nice to see you again @K8R! You're very welcome. Thanks for getting back with more details on how you're tracking your activities. Well, you can give it a try later, you'll like the GPS information, but in the meantime keep it up in the gym. I hope you have great results! Smiley Wink

If you have time, please check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle, you might be interested in this topics: Marathon Training or Home gym vs going to gym?

I’ll see you around the Community! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes