Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winter Sports.... Forgotten by Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Come on FITBIT... Why no winters sports option?!?

Surely this is a major oversight.. Using 'bike' to record Skiing / Snowboarding is a bit whack... Dont 'discuss it' - Providethe feature!!!! Pleeeeeeease!!
Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

This would be amazing! I currently use the Ski Tracks App but wouldnt it be amazing if the Surge had a Ski / Boarding section? litrally thousends of people asend to the mountains each year to induldge in wintre sports and and i feel Fitbit are missing a trick here... i genuinly belive they would get more sales if they incorporated this feature. I'll keep my fingers crossed for this as your right using biking to track snow stuff its pants.

Best Answer

I've been using my surge for 2 years now and still this issue is not solved: why can't you add skating and skiing as gps traceable sports??? Now if I skate on the lake or ski in the forest I need to track it as bike...worse is that I cannot even edit the activity later ...so it will be marked as biking forever and ever... which looks quite stupid! You have a good selection of non-gps activities but where are the other ones for which I picked I gps watch??

Best Answer

Glad to see you on board @Crazee_jamie and @Marrowed. It's nice to see you again here @sa_zu! Thanks a million for your feedback, I really appreciate your comments. I found @sa_zu suggestions: Snowboard 'activity' and Winter sports - skiing and skating! I already vote for the first one but the second one has a comment from a moderator with some instructions to try. Although, I understand your point, it would be great to have the GPS function for this activity instead of using Biking.  

I invite you guys to vote for this suggestions too. Or you can create your own request by posting this information in our Feature Suggestions board where our developers can check what our Fitbitters need and take this in consideration for the next updates.

Have a good one! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I undestand the logging of activities but how can track with the GPS?  😞 

This doesn't concern only winter sports but also summer sports like skating, kayaking, f.e. I want the map of training, the only way is to use another app or gps watch and then sync it with Fitbit....

hope you fix this ASAP... 

Best Answer

Hello @sa_zu! Thanks for getting back. Fitbit is always trying to improve your fitness experience, so I woun't be surprise if they have this options in the future, I don't have any information about it, but must likely future changes and releases would be advertised on the Fitbit.com page. But I can definitely pass the feedback along.

Once again thanks for understanding. Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks Heart

Best Answer

Hi there! My pleasure @sa_zu, and you're very welcome. Feel free to come back in case that you need anything else.

If you have time, please check our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips for an active lifestyle, you might be interested in this topics: Marathon Training or Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some hereHeart

Happy stepping! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes