Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workout vs Bootcamp vs Circuit Training

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Im pretty sure this question has been asked before but what is the main difference between: Workout - Circuit Training - Boot Camp. Every other exercise is self explanatory but these exercises are vague and don't provide a hint as to what exactly they track or hey compute your activity. How do they differ on Fitbit? When you should I use which?

Currently I doing a program that involves a quick 10 minute high intensity warmup and they we move on to many different stations and perform different exercises. For example on Mondays we do upper body so each station will feature an upper body workout that involves either weights (kettle bells, Dumbbells, barbell), TRX, or using your own body weight like push-ups. On Tuesdays we would incorporate the 10 minute warm once again but this time the focus is on the lower body, using weights, TRX and own body weight. No matter what day it is in between exercises we perform some type of aerobic exercise (push-ups, High knees, planks, jumping jacks, mountain climbers) in between stations to keep our Heart rate up.

What type of workout is this? Which option should I use on my Fitbit: workout, circuit training, or Bootcamp?
Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Because the ‘Workout’ currently shows distance and pace on the Versa and Fitbit doesn’t seem to fix that problem, I was planning to use ‘Circuit Training’ in the future because this mode shows duration and calories like ‘Workout’ did on my Charge 2.

But now I changed one of my Workouts to a Circuit Training and my heart rate zone division changed! For a 30 minute workout I first had 10 minutes cardio and 20 minutes fat burn and now it shows 9 minutes cardio and 21 minutes fat burn.. I don’t think this is right..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well if you are on a treadmill & click treadmill on the Fitbit, one thing it does do is it will focus on your steps & track that more effectively.... I noticed when I use workout & I'm doing squats with weights or any stand still weight moves even though I'm sweating & working hard my feet don't move(steps) so if before the workout I was at 6k steps during that 30 squats I've gained 0-10 steps recorded...  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what we do, so what type of workout is it Boot Camp or circuit

Best Answer
0 Votes