Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wristband broken

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is going to be my last week as a Fitbit user.

I bought my 1st Surge in April 2015.  My 3rd and final Surge is going the same way as the previous two.  The strap above the top of the watch face is peeling off, and there is a huge bubble in the strap  below the watch face.

I need a device with GPS, but I am not prepared to spend more good money on an Ionic.  I am totally disillusioned with the quality and reliability of Fitbit products (my wife is on her 3rd Charge).

I love the community and the support offered by Fitbit and the community, but until the quality of the products improves I shall be stepping and running with Garmin.

Good luck guys.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Today I have fitted the new strap to my Surge, and here it is as good as new. Fitbit have offered my 25% of any new Fitbit as a good will gesture, but as I require GPS that means an Ionic which is £225 after the discount.  Im gonna stick with my repaired Surge.

IMG_1637.jpg

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Hi @SunsetRunner, Hope you are doing great and enjoying some healthy activities. Smiley Happy

Your comments are very appreciated. The change comes as an effort to improve the Fitbit experience. As always, your feedback on your experience is always welcomed! Your voice is being heard. We're actively reviewing your responses and providing feedback to our product development team.

Please consider checking the information that you will be getting via email since we'd like to keep you within the family, but we understand where you coming from. Please know that the Community is here for you and we'll keep assisting you with tips and good practices

Thank you for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have decided to try and replace the strap of my surge.  I have nothing to loose by attempting this.  Have ordered one of the straps from ebay  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182708778256 . Another fitbit user @splwil posted about them on https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Surge/Fitbit-Surge-Band-Issues/m-p/2388239/highlight/true#M75753

If it works then fantastic I will still be a Fitbit user, if it doesn't I will be buying a competitors product

Best Answer

Hey @SunsetRunner! We have some awesome users that are always giving really good suggestion. Smiley Happy

If you already established communications with our team and you want to try this suggestion, you can do so! Although, I'd recommend taking in count our team response!

See you around!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

My Son has had this problem also, he is on his second one, and its doing the same. 😞  Spend that kind of money on and .............

Best Answer

Today I have fitted the new strap to my Surge, and here it is as good as new. Fitbit have offered my 25% of any new Fitbit as a good will gesture, but as I require GPS that means an Ionic which is £225 after the discount.  Im gonna stick with my repaired Surge.

IMG_1637.jpg

Best Answer

How you doing my friend @litlin89? Welcome! I'd like to help you out with this, check you PM inbox as I will be sending you a Private Message with some information. Thanks for posting your inquiry here!

Thanks for the picture @SunsetRunner, you did a really good job there, it looks as good as new; thanks for sharing.

Have a good one!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem as you, was it simple to change the strap? 

Best Answer

It was quite difficult to get the old one off.  There are YouTube videos showing how to achieve it.  Once the old one had been removed the new strap was just pushed into place and a reassuring "click" confirmed the strap was firmly in place.  So far it still looks like new 🙂

Best Answer

How is your replacement band working out? I've replaced mine twice now, in the last six months by the way, and the darn thing just doesn't want to stay on. I love my surge, but I feel like it may be time for a different brand unless anyone has any suggestions...

Best Answer

So far so good.  The way I am looking at it is, everyday I can still use my Surge is a bonus.  It the strap fails I will probably move to Garmin Vivosport it has similar functionality but is quite a bit slimmer on the wrist.

Best Answer

I will let my son know about this.. Thanks

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thanks for sharing you information here! Smiley Happy

Please remember that if you're having issues with your Fitbit band it's best to check your warranty information first, our team will be happy to help. If you need me to request a new case for you just let me know!

Thanks for answering my PMs @litlin89, since our team has all your information regarding this replacement; I've requested them to create a case on your behalf so they can check your options. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Have a good one!

Best Answer

I doubt i still have warranty left, but if you could check just to be sure that would be great. Thank you!

Best Answer

Well i got an email saying they couldnt find  surge under this email and the case is closed.  LOL LOL... it is not mine... As i had said it is my SONS surge not mine. it would not be under my email........Whatever... I dont think he will be spending money on another.. Surge is an expensive device to have the first band just fall apart and this this one is now bubbling up.  Obviously its a problem with the material that Fitbit needs get fixed........

Best Answer

Where did you purchase your strap from? Mine has broken and I have purchased 2 different replacements from Amazon and cannot get either to fit.

Best Answer

I got mine from Amazon too. The last one seemed like it fit better than the previous replacement, but then one side snapped off while taking it off. I'm over it and the band to be honest. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @VeggieJill and @litlin89! Thanks for getting back!

Our team will need some details before giving the warranty options, since they check each scenario and each situation in order to give a resolution. 

@litlin89 You can follow up with the team in order to provide the information they need. Sorry for the issues you're having but in case that you want to check your options we need to confirm all those details with them. 

Let me know if you have questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I stepped away for a year and spent a ton on a smart watch. Sadly, with the exception of it's band the Surge is superior in all other areas. The battery life on the smartwatch is abysmal (less than 24 hours) with everything turned off. Finding it difficult not to go back to fitbit. Has the band problem been solved on new Surge devices?

Best Answer

@Sueu2 

Are you sure you have removed all the debris of the old strap, once that is done it just clips on easily.  There are quite a few videos on youtube showing the process.

Good luck

Moderator edit: Word Choice

Best Answer