Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch with Fitbit Dashboard?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I successfully used Mobile Track to record my steps from my iPhone 6s. Since I got an Apple Watch and synced with Mobile Track, the Fitbit dashboard and Apple Health on the iPhone have shown different numbers of steps. Why Is this? I have installed the current versions of the apps and iOS.

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Hello there @ASOne! Thanks for joining the Forums.

It is important to keep in mind that your Fitbit app and your Apple Health app are not connected. Your phone's MobileTrack will record steps on its own and the Apple Watch will record steps separately from the phone. Then, the Apple Watch will upload its information to the Apple Health app and MobileTrack will upload the information to Fitbit. Since they are two different devices, some discrepancies are to be expected. 

I hope this clarifies the situation. Let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks - I thought Mobile Track took the data from Apple Health’s step count, which includes steps that the watch records even if I’m not carrying the phone. I didn’t know that Mobile Track records steps on its own.

Alan
Best Answer

Hello @ASOne

In this case both accounts will have different information. There is no way to directly connect the Apple Health app to the Fitbit app. However, you could connect them using the IFTTT app. 

If you have the time, you should totally visit one of our Discussion board. There you can talk about a lot of different topics with other users.

Hope to see you around.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks - do you know if there is an IFTTT "recipe" that's already been written to send watch or Health data to Fitbit, so that steps I take with my watch but not my phone are counted by Fitbit?

Best Answer

Hello @ASOne!

After looking around I found this post on an Apple discussion boards on how to connect the three apps.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, but this seems to be a way to get Fitbit data into Apple Health. I’m trying to get Apple Health data into Fitbit, when some of my steps are recorded by the Apple Watch when my iPhone isn’t in my pocket. MobileTrack moves steps recorded by my phone into Fitbit, but not the steps recorded by the watch.

> Hello @ASOne !
>
>
> After looking around I found this post on an Apple discussion boards on how to connect the three apps.
>
>
> Let me know how it goes!
>
Best Answer

Hey @ASOne

Thanks for reaching back and clarifying that information. At this time, that would be the only way to connect the two accounts in any way. Perhaps you could visit this suggestion to Integrate Apple Health and vote for it or comment on it to show your support.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm trying to do research on whether or not to get the Apple Watch and definitely don't want to lose my FitBit dashboard with it.

Has there been any advancement in tracking steps and activities in the Apple Watch and integrating them into the FitBit dashboard?

Best Answer
The Apple Health app on an iPhone will record step data from the phone and the watch. The FitBit dashboard will record the phone data but not the watch data, via the Mobile Sync function in the Fitbit phone app. You need to initiate Mobile Sync - it's not automatic. Since the watch also records hand motions, like playing a piano, this seems like a reasonable way to track steps as long as you're carrying the phone when you walk. The watch records other activity data, but for steps it doesn't substitute for a Fitbit tracker or an iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ASOne! Welcome to the Fitbit Forums @Mcnittany.

Other alternative to what @ASOne mentioned would be connect your Apple Health app to IFTTT and then connect that to Fitbit. 

I hope you find this useful. Let me know if there are any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
None of the IFTTT items at the link you posted seem to send the step count to Fitbit. Am I missing something? Can you be more specific? Thanks.
Best Answer

Like @ASOne, I downloaded the IFTTT app, but I don't see anywhere that has an applett between iOS Health and Fitbit.  @LanuzaFitbit, can you provide some clarification as to how to sync the two?

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Mcnittany and @ASOne.

I knew that in the past IFTTT could work as a connection between Apple Health and Fitbit. Based on what you are saying, it seems like that has changed since then. 

There would be no other way to connect the two and get the steps to cross from one into the other.

Thanks letting me know that it is no longer working.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently not, which is a bummer. I'm seeing my FitBit friend list getting smaller since a lot of them are getting an Apple Watch. I don't understand why FB won't work on integrating the two. They are going to end up losing a lot of customers. I would totally stay even if I had to pay a subscription to use FitBit with an Apple Watch. My new watch arrives tomorrow. They may lose me as a customer as well...

Best Answer

Hey @bcardinali! Welcome to the Forums. 

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter! I do understand how it can be very important to have the option to link the two together. Having said that, perhaps you could vote or comment on these suggestion to integrate Apple Health to show your support.

Hope to see you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on the cusp of getting an Apple Watch but want to keep my Fitbit data as well. Why cant they integrate? I wont be wearing my Apple watch everyday but would like the two to be synced on the days I am wearing a "regular" watch along with my Fitbit band.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was wearing both my Apple watch and Fitbit One at the same time to keep my fitbit data, but the Fitbit ended up dying a few weeks ago, so I've basically left the Fitbit community, which is a bummer. Hopefully if they ever integrate, I'll be back.  Good luck.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @littlecudd. Hello @bcardinali.

@littlecudd I understand how it can be very useful. As I mentioned, perhaps you'd like to support the suggestion I mentioned previously.

@bcardinali I see where you are coming from. If you have not, be sure to support the idea to integrate both of them.

Hope to see you both around! Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.... I think i have found a solution.... ( Fingers Crossed)... I was having the same issue and didn't want to loose my Fitbit friends community.... I have an IPhone SE and Apple Watch series 1....

• Firstly I deleted my Fitbit Charge from my Fitbit app and then when promoted with Set Up A Device chose No Fitbit Yet followed by Set Up Fitbit on phone.... This listed MobileTrack in my phone within the account section.
  • In the Health App Choose 'Activity' > 'Steps' > then scroll down and select 'Data Sources & Access' under the data sources section it should have listed your iPhone and Apple Watch names... If the Apple Watch is not the top option, click Edit and by pressing on the three horizontal lines, rearrange so the Apple Watch is the top option (The health app will display data pushed from Watch now)
  • You will need to Download an App called Sync Solver (blue heart) from the App Store to your IPhone at a cost of £2.99... Once downloaded open the app and put in your Fitbit credentials
  • Select sources and ensure there is a tick next to Steps on the Apple Watch section,,, if not click on the word Steps to enable then select Done
  • Click on Sync Now and your Apple data will sync with Fitbit

Works fine for me so fingers crossed

Best Answer