Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Google Fit app be linked to Fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way to connect my Fitbit Flex to the Google Fit app that just came out yesterday?  I just downloaded Google Fit yesterday just so I can try it out and it said that it would connect with 3rd party apps but cannot find a way to connect the Fitbit to it.

Any help anyone can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity / Personal data removed.

Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

Not at the moment, but that doesn't mean never. Google Fit is brand new and Fitbit just came out with new products and is busying updating their apps to work with the new devices. Like Apple Health, I think they will wait a while to see how many people actually use those before making a decision whether to support them or not.

Best Answer

Fitbit have no plans of intigrating with Apple Health, so I wouldn't hold my breath with Google Fit intigration.

Roland

Best Answer
This feature is crucial for me to remain loyal to fit bit, which currently I love. But I want my stuff to sync together. Be a platform for fitness, not just a product if you want to stay relevant.
Best Answer
I feel the same, I've got an iPhone 4S, an iPod Touch 5th Gen as well as a 2012 Nexus 7 and it'd be nice to get my Fitbit Flex to integrate with both Apple Health & Google Fit, but at least there is the Fitbit App for both iOS & Android until Fitbit decide what they want to do with both Google Fit & Apple Health.

Roland

Sent from my iPod
Best Answer

I fear the worst, here.  FitBit is pushing their app and adding more things into it which is, imo, a mistake.  If you can't survive just being a hardware solution then you're probably in trouble regardless.  People will NOT accept having their data walled off.  We want to be able to track, analyze, report, save, print, etc however *we* want, not only through a single, closed app.  I too will happily go elsewhere for a tracker if there is no integration with other fitness reporting solutions, be it Google Fit, Apple HealthKit, whatever.

Best Answer

If this dont happen my Fitbit will be on Ebay as soon as possible

Best Answer

I think everyone's concerns are a bit premature. Apple and Google just came out with these apps. If I were a small company with limited resources, which Fitbit is, I would wait to see what kind of market is created by these before I devoted time and money to them. Also, Fitbit provides a free open API. There is nothing to stop Apple or Google from utilizing it or some other 3rd party to provide some kind of integration.

Best Answer

Hoping to have the new Android app google fit sync with my Fitbit at some point. Any idea when this will be available?

Best Answer

I also would be interested to know. The Google Fit app is available today

Best Answer

Please add this feature!

Best Answer

I would really like to see this happen too.

Best Answer

I completely agree!

Best Answer

I agree this would be great

Best Answer
Definitely needed. Fitbit should be getting into bed with Google to ensure survival.
Best Answer

I'd love to see this as well.

Best Answer
+1 for me I want this too
Best Answer

Agree completely !

Best Answer

I agree 100%

Best Answer

Agree 100%. I understand the silo-approach that FitBit wants to have, but it is my fitness data. Also, the integration points Google offers makes it really easy to also support iOS clients via the web API. For FitBit, this could be just another 3rd-party integration, but it would mean the world to me.

Best Answer