Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Whatsapp Group Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Fitbit Friends,

I have a Fitbit Blaze and a Fitbit Surge. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S6.

I'm running the latest Firmware on both the watches and the Cell as well as the latest Whatsapp version.

My question:

I have like 7 Whatsapp Groups and getting notifications on my watch for each chat makes my wrist vibration non-stop. Is there any setting combination on the watch and cell phone that i can do to only receive notifications on my watch when it is a direct whatsapp message and not a group message?

Thanks for the support

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

If they are coming in as regular text messages in your texting app the answer is no.

Best Answer

Hi there @Luchin23, good to see you around in our community. Note that this configuration is not possible at least from the Fitbit app or your trackers just like @SunsetRunner mentioned.

The only workaround I can think of, is going to your Whatsapp and mute the group. The downside in doing this is that you are not going to be notified either on your phone. However note this is only a workaround and not an actual solution. There is another post from my friend @AlejandraFitbit had a similar discussion. You can take a loo at the following link: I don't want to receive whatsapp groups notifications.

See you around and I hope this information be of your help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes