Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED: Fitbit Not Syncing With Strava

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anybody having issues the last 2 days with Strava not being updated from FitBit app?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
190 REPLIES 190

I cant fint the place to upload the TCX file on Strava? So enjoyed that my hikes no longer are uploded😵🙈😅

Best Answer
0 Votes

On Strava, you go to manual activity and choose file, and you can upload the TCX file there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

See also the comments on the 'third party app' community. It seems to be a global issue. Hope they will solve it soon. However some others have had the update that Fitbit no longer supports the strava sync. But I am still hoping they will read all the comments and solve this issue. 

Best Answer

Regarding whether this was temporary, here's the conversation I had with support:

"Phebe G:I'm sorry to hear about that. I truly understand how Strava works to you with your Fitbit device and your workouts, and would like to take this opportunity to take that insight from you and share this with may team for them to work with third party partnership moving forward.
Me:Thank you. How long do you expect it to take to resolve this please?
Phebe G:You're welcome, Brigid. I'm unable to provide a specific time frame for this."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue since yesterday with my Versa 3, you can download the activity from Fitbit dashboard and then upload onto strava.com once you log in and it'll show on the app. A short term solution but it'll get your runs onto strava and hopefully this is being looked at by Fitbit as it's a solution I don't want to do in the long term

Best Answer

My strava app is currently displaying the message "Uploads from Fitbit are currently delayed - We are currently investigating the issue".  That's as of yesterday.  My Strava hasn't picked up on any of my exercises since Friday....

Best Answer

Starting yesterday, (May 22, 2021) Strava data will not push into Fitbit. Any advise? Very frustrating!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, same for me now. Crossing my fingers that they fix the problem🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community.

Thank you for the information and for taking the time to report this matter. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and the details shared. In order to investigate this issue on our end please confirm if this issue started after the Fitbit app update? 

You can confirm the information about connecting your Fitbit and Strava accounts and which types of activities won't sync to Strava in How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app? 

I’ll be around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there - I didn't notice any app update on Saturday when the syncing issues started.  This happened last year at some point so not sure if it's the same issue?

Best Answer

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @npsutton.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties experienced. Thank you for the information provided.

Note the following types of activities won't sync to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities
  • Previous activities that weren’t tracked by Strava.
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

Please revoke the access between Fitbit and Strava and connect them once again by following these instructions.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @MaijaH.

I appreciate the additional details and recommend following this incident on Strava's status page: https://status.strava.com/. I hope the issue is resolved soon and look forward to getting you back on track.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here... product living up to its name.. it gives you fits and it works a bit.

Hopefully they will fix glitch soon.

Best Answer

No recent Fitbit app update, but the Strava app on both my phone and Fitbit were updated about the time this quit working (Friday 5/21).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wait what?  As of when?  They still uave strava as a valid option to set up the synch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep me too.  Bloody annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , had a similar issue and tried everything, make sure when you start an activity the gps had actually connected it can take a couple of minutes you get a messages saying connected.   Good luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is same,won’t transfer data to Strava 

Best Answer

My Fitbit app is not sending my exercise info to my Strava app

Best Answer

Hi No recent update on the Fitbit app part. Strava app updated on the 19th of May but automatically synced with strava until last saterday. Normally GPS activities such as running walking and cycling are uploaded automatically in strava when I finished my activiteit and synced my watch. 

Laat Saturday I also disconnected my watch from the app removed my accounts from both the Fitbit and strava app. Removed the apps, revoked access between strava and Fitbit, then allow the access again, downloaded the apps reconnect my accounts and watch. Made a couple of short test runs after an hour but data still won't upload to strava. It is stored in the Fitbit cloud but just won't sync with strava. Very frustrating. Off course manually downloading the work out details and manually uploading them in strava still works, but that is not the reason I bought this watch. 

hopefully they will fix this problem soon. I hear lots of people discussing to buy other watches in this forum due to this issue and that would be a real shame. 

Best Answer
0 Votes