Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and MFP not syncing!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all! My MyFitnessPal and Fitbit aren't syncing/tracking at all - please see the screenshots from today (please don't judge, it was a hectic day at work 😂). Any help would be much appreciated - I want to see the FitBit steps on MFP and the food/nutrition on FitBit ideally!

IMG_1237.PNG

IMG_1238.PNG

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Rosicee, good to see you here in our Fitbit Community. Try to revoke the access from MFP with your Fitbit account. For this go to your Applications settings on your online-Dashboard and revoke the access as the screesnshot shows. (Use the link I left for easy access)

MFP2.png

Once You have done this, go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps, look for the Fitbit app and re-connect the integration:

MFP1.png

Connect your tracker to MFP:

Also make sure you have select the Fitbit tracker as a device from where your steps are coming from to make sure your steps are syncing between both accounts. This can be done through the mobile app too:

If you are on iOS press more / if you are on Android tap on the horizontal lines in the upper left corner > scroll down through the menu and select Steps > Here select Fitbit tracker.

If you are doing this from the web browser, in the same page where you connect your accounts, select the tile "Steps" ans select Fitbit tracker.

upload.png

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

Hello @Rosicee, good to see you here in our Fitbit Community. Try to revoke the access from MFP with your Fitbit account. For this go to your Applications settings on your online-Dashboard and revoke the access as the screesnshot shows. (Use the link I left for easy access)

MFP2.png

Once You have done this, go to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps, look for the Fitbit app and re-connect the integration:

MFP1.png

Connect your tracker to MFP:

Also make sure you have select the Fitbit tracker as a device from where your steps are coming from to make sure your steps are syncing between both accounts. This can be done through the mobile app too:

If you are on iOS press more / if you are on Android tap on the horizontal lines in the upper left corner > scroll down through the menu and select Steps > Here select Fitbit tracker.

If you are doing this from the web browser, in the same page where you connect your accounts, select the tile "Steps" ans select Fitbit tracker.

upload.png

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

after following these steps a few times it still doesn't synch.  Myfitnesspal does not take account of my steps.

Best Answer

Hi there @arozier, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. There is an additional steps I mentioned at the end of the previous post that consist in connect your tracker to your MFP.

This part is additional to integrate your two accounts. Have you reviewed if the tracker is connected to your MFP account? 

Connect tracker.PNG

Let me know if this is the cause of the missing steps on MFP.

Best Answer

Bought a Charge 2 on monday, I'm having this same problem with workouts not transferring to MFP. I've disconnected and reconnected the accounts several times. Water pushes through from MFP to Fitbit but not the other way around, as well. Seems like it might be all data is only flowing in one direction. Steps are showing up in MFP but I think thats being picked up from either MFP itself, or Apple Health. 

Best Answer

Ah...I set my step tracker to be Fitbit and it fixed it. Huzzah!

Best Answer

I have tried everything I can (disconnecting, reconnecting, revoking access, etc) and am still not able to get MFP to sync my Fitbit steps. Fitbit IS set up as my step tracker so this isn't the issue either. Help!!!! 😞 

Best Answer

Hello @MontysAce27, good to have you here as a new member of the Fitbit Community! Where are you trying to do this, is it from your online Dashboard or the mobile app?

Connecting your Fitbit account to MFP is integral for this to work, but you need to do an extra step also to make sure MFP is reading your steps. Have you tried the recommendations of my previous post? There you will find the steps to connect your tracker for MFP read your steps, otherwise if you only connect your accounts only calories will be shared and exercises logged in MFP.

I'll be around giving follow up. Catch ya later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

SInce upgrading to Premium on MFP my Exercise no longer syncs from Fitbit to MFP. Steps are counted and appear under the summary on Home and in the exercise breakdown on the Day screen...however they are not shown as a subtraction at the top of the screen. This shows 0.

I have revoked access from both apps. Logged out/logged in and no luck. I have also double check that on MFP the App>Steps> Choose a Step Tracking Device - Fitbit is selected (both on web app and in iOS)
Fitbit Steps & CaloriesFitbit Steps & CaloriesSteps tracked but not calories in exerciseSteps tracked but not calories in exerciseSteps and calories appear in Exercise section but not in top summary - why?Steps and calories appear in Exercise section but not in top summary - why?

See image details

Best Answer

Hello @jl81x, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community! I appreciate you have shared screenshots and the steps you have tried so far. 

Certainly this is not a normal behavior however and by looking into recent reports there is another user who might be experiencing the same issue. I tried to replicate the problem and I too do not have exercise calories either.

The best to try is to revoke the access when the data is not syncing, however this has been tried already and the issue persists. I do not have any update yet if there is an ongoing issue from our end, so I would recommend to report this directly to MFP to learn more if there are updates from their side.

Keep me posted, I'll be giving follow up to this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is very frustrating for me too!  I have just started using Fitbit again, after my original Flex stopped charging last year.  I used to love the integration with MFP, but now I am having difficulty in getting the info to transfer in either direction.  I have a new Flex2 now, and followed all the set-up procedures.  Both apps are telling me they're connected, but my steps are not being recognised on MFP, and my meals are not being recognised on Fitbit.  This looks like a common issue, but no real solutions are being offered.

Best Answer

I'm having the same exact issue and I've tried revoking access and resynching over and over again and still only getting the steps and exercise calories remain at zero. very frustrating.

Best Answer

I'm also having the exact same issue. Must be a new bug that needs to be resolved. It is quite frustrating.

Best Answer

Hello @AK_Fit_journey@CraigMackTX and @Annie777, welcome aboard the Fitbit Community.

If the steps are not showing from Fitbit to MFP, the recommendation is to review if the tracker is connected to MFP as a source from the steps are coming from. I mentioned this before here in this post.

If the food is not being shared from MFP to Fitbit, the best is to revoke the access as it was attempted by @AK_Fit_journey and @CraigMackTX.

I was not able to reproduce the issue as is depicted on this thread, the only issue I saw is the exercise is not updating from Fitbit to MFP although I haven't seen reports of similar scenarios. However, it's not something Fitbit can resolve since we don't own the integration.

I'll share this information with my teammates to alert them to this, but I think the best thing to do is to report the issue to MyFitnessPal support with details and steps to reproduce.

See you soon and thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having exactly the same issue. Tried all solutions on this thread but nothing works. Have disconnected and re connected but nothing. I can't find anything on MFP that states they are having issues either. I'll check back to see if they are any other solutions? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having this issue as well. Steps stopped tracking to MFP, but calories tracked in MFP were tracking to Fitbit. Disconnecting and reconnecting the apps did not fix issue, but  also setting the steptracker in MFP to Fitbit seems to have worked. (Why I should have to set it twice is a question for MFP, I guess.)  May have been triggered by a complete loss of battery charge to my Alta on 8/9/17 (that seems to be when it started.) I was participating in an long paddle race and the Alta may have gotten a bit too wet and the battery drained. Wasn't able to recharge till 8/13. Steps never synced after that until I followed the steps above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem! Were you able to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Ritoux, good to see you here. I was reviewing this thread and I saw you never got a response, regarding the issue you were experiencing with MFP.

I'm wondering if you were able to resolve the problem or did you tried any of the possible solutions outlined here?

See you around and stay tuned to our Community for more help!

Best Answer

I have done all this and can see my Fitbit steps in myfitnesspal, but I cannot see my total calories eaten/logged in Fitbit. How can I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having that same issue!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes