Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Strava not synching

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit and Strava integration seem to stop working since yesterday.

From Ionic to Fitbit app it sync fine, I can see the record in my activity however for Fitbit app to Strava sync is stop working.
I searched around and found 2 forum which seem related but has been closed (link at bottom)

Last sync from Fitbit was Tuesday 19:16 (2 days ago) then yesterday did 2 cycling it wasn't syncing at all.

So far I tried to revoke then re-authorise in Strava, and as well in Fitbit via https://strava.fitbit.com/
Also tried log out login, and reboot the phone.

Devices I use:
Fitbit Ionic (version 27.33.1.30 which has some issue like Alarms no longer work)
iPhone X (version 12.1.2)

Fitbit and Strava apps with the latest update (both were updated same time 2 days ago)

Please help look into this.

Thank you.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Strava-integration-stopped-working-in-the-l...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/Strava-fitbit-sync-integration-issue-betwee...

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @TruenoAE86.

Thanks for sharing those updates and letting me know that it did sync in the end.

It is possible that it was a one-time thing and it shouldn't happen again. Sometimes the syncing between the Fitbit and Strava can take some time so I'd definitely recommend that you try giving it more time to make sure it sync.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @TruenoAE86.

Thanks for taking the time to bring this up.

At this time we do not have any reports on the Strava integration is having any issues. Like you mentioned, the two instanced you linked to were resolved.

My question in this case I'd like to ask if the situation has continued to happen since then or if it did start to sync then.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Lanuza,

Thank you for replying.

Yes I found those two thread were resolved and closed hence I created this as I experienced the same.

I have not track any new record since but I can track it later after back from work and report.

In any case, is there anything you want me to test or to record if it may help on finding where about the root cause is? or any logging that can help?

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TruenoAE86.

Thanks for reaching back.

In this case I'd like to ask you to only try tracking activities with Strava and check if they do sync to Fitbit since the last time it did not.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lanuza,

Thank you for the advice, good idea to test both direction.

This morning I tested from Fitbit and it did sync to Strava, I usually sync in this direction so I can get heart rate information as well. Will test from Strava to Fitbit early morning tomorrow.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to do a test to start it from Strava.

I just did 2km in 8 minutes of quick cycling around the neighbourhood.

So far its been almost an hour it has not sync anything to Fitbit.

Does it have some kind of filtering such as minimum time before it consider to sync?

I saw in setting under exercise goals there is Outdoor Bike 15 mins or longer.

EDIT: I think i spoke too soon. It synced after an hour. I think the syncing is all good now.

Was anything fixed or it just seem to fix by itself? (if it fix by itself probably next time it happen I will wait longer).

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TruenoAE86.

Thanks for sharing those updates and letting me know that it did sync in the end.

It is possible that it was a one-time thing and it shouldn't happen again. Sometimes the syncing between the Fitbit and Strava can take some time so I'd definitely recommend that you try giving it more time to make sure it sync.

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes