Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app is not syncing with Virgin Pulse

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just joined Virgin Pulse last week and the only way I can sync my Fitbit Charge steps to Virgin Pulse is to disconnect Fitbit then reconnect to it. I was told by Virgin Pulse customer service that it was a server issue with Fitbit. Does anyone have any updates on this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I have been seeing the same behavior starting about 5 days ago.  I have to disconnect then reconnect my versa for steps to sync over to virgin pulse.  However my sleep tracking seems to sync fine.

Best Answer

@LoriBrio @Jackte A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear about your Fitbit app not syncing with your Virgin Pulse app. I would like to clarify that your tracker or watch doesn't sync with the app but it is the Fitbit app that syncs with your Virgin Pulse app. You need to sync your device with your Fitbit app and this data is transferred (depends on the integration the developer offers). As far as I know there isn't a server issue from the Fitbit side. Still you can retry going to the apps area on your Fitbit account using a web browser on your computer and remove the Virgin Pulse app. Remove the Fitbit app from the Virgin Pulse settings and relink them.

I also moved your post to the correct board.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good afternoon!

That's what I've been doing last night and this morning. I just tried again and still not working. I'm a bit of a tech geek, so I know to try the basics. I also tried rebooting my phone and also syncing the My Fitness Pal app to the Virgin Pulse app because the My Fitness Pal also pulls steps from Fitbit. Nothing has worked so far.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am also already disconnecting and reconnecting to get the steps sync to work multiple times a day.  I did however just notice that if I go into the fitbit app on my iphone and tap the versa image in the left hand upper corner to get into the settings then scroll to the bottom and turn off "All-Day Sync" .... its now been syncing fine for me for a couple hours, crossing my finger this sticks.  But I was working fine before with all-day sync enabled before Saturday.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same issue. It started on Monday, 8/13/2018, sometime in the afternoon. I've tried all suggestions in this thread and my steps, activity, and sleep hours are not syncing to Virgin Pulse from the FitBit app.

Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Erin173. Hello @LoriBrio and @Jackte.

Thanks for trying what was suggested above you and disconnecting and connecting the apps again.

If the issue persists after doing that I'd recommend getting in touch directly with Virgin Pulse. Since it is the third parties the ones that develop these connections, they should be able to get more details on what is going on, or the specific way in which they created the integration.

Let me know if there are any further questions or anything we can help out with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issue. For the past several days (8/15/18) I have to disconnect Fitbit on the Virgin Pulse App then re-connect so that my steps are sync. Does anyone know why. I have tried to close each app and re download and start again but the problem keeps happening. What a pain 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Ddavies1.

Thanks for trying those steps to get this resolved.

It is very possible that it is related to Virgin Pulse, or happening on that end. As I mentioned above, these integrations are regularly developed by the third parties and thus they should be able to get a better look at what is happening.

Let me know if yo have any other questions I can help with.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Looks like there was an update released for the Virgin Pulse app 3 days ago that fixed the issue for me.
Best Answer
I’m still having syncing problems. Even when I disconnect & reconnect the Fitbit app it doesn’t sync to Virgin Pulse all the way. I haven’t gotten any Virgin Pulse updates either. So frustrating.
Best Answer

Hello @LoriBrio and @Jackte.

@Jackte Thanks for the update and letting us know. Glad that everything is working for you now.

@LoriBrio, Maybe you could try uninstalling Virgin Pulse and then installing it again so that the latest version of it is installed. If that doesn't work, I'd recommend getting in touch with Virgin Pulse so that they can look into what is going on.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I contacted the Virgin Pulse people, they responded that the Virgin Pulse app pulls the steps from the Fitbit website, not the app.  I have been having this problem this week as well and it is really off tonight.  Also, where on the Dashboard on the website do I see my steps? I can't find that number anywhere to see the match to the app.  For example, right now the Virgin Pulse app says I have 611 steps, when the fitbit says I have 2,358. Major discrepancy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found that if you take the sync all day off and just sync when you log into Fitbit then the steps will carry over.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Welcome to the  Forums @hotchmom. Hello @Ddavies1.

@hotchmom thanks for bringing this up. The statement that only the steps from the website sync doesn't make much sense. It seems like the issue is related to the way the integration was developed. Maybe you could try the workaround shared by @Ddavies1.

@Ddavies1 Thanks for sharing that! Glad to read that you managed to get it to work, hopefully it will work for everyone else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same issue for the last week. My Fitbit app is syncing correctly and my sleep updates my Virgin Pulse app but the steps are not syncing when I refresh my Virgin Pulse app. I have had to disconnect my Fitbit and re-connect to for my steps to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @lmills23.

Thanks for trying the steps I suggested.

Since you tried to disconnect the apps to no avail, I'd recommend that you try getting in touch wit Virgin Pulse directly. They should be able to check what is going on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read some e said disconnect from Virgi. Pulse then reconnect. I have not been able to connect to V. PULSE AT ALL😨

Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed FB from VP and VP from FB. Relinked, it did not work! I called both Fit and Virgin Pulse. They offered no solution!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue now (May 2022)!

Best Answer
0 Votes