Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit is not syncing steps to Carrot Rewards App.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My steps are not syncing to my Carrot Rewards App.  Help states I should log into fitbit.com and under settings click applications and revoke Carrot Rewards rights then re-pair device - however when I log into fitbit.com I cannot locate this option. I have searched all settings etc. Help please 🙂

Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

Carrot rewards needs to reach out to Fitbit. Why is it that the other many sites are able to access Fitbit's API .If it was a Fitbit problem it would affect all 

I simply mentioned that Fitbit does not have permission to access their server therefore Fitbit will not be able to directly fix their problem .

Best Answer

It is an fitbit problem for android users only. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter bought a fitbiflex 2 then signed up for Carrot Rewards. She has never been able to pair them. Carrot Rewards says it is a Fitbit issue. I collected Carrot Rewards THEN bought a Fitbit. I disconnected Googlefit on my phone but still cannot pair with Fitbit. I only bought Fitbit because of Carrot Rewards. SO NOT HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!! Please fix this Fitbit...this is a serious issue!! And why don't you have Carrot Rewards on your webpage for partner apps??Capture+_2018-03-27-11-43-38.png

Best Answer

Does not look lilike this because they do not pair at all! Fitbit is not recognizing Carrot Rewards at all!! I only have Fitbit on this link. No Carrot Rewards in site!!!No Carrot Rewards in site!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They answered me through Facebook. They say it is a Fitbit issue. It is recent and only Android users. Fitbit is doing NOTHING to fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have they reached out to Fitbit? Maybe they haven't told Fitbit of the issue .

Maybe they are trying to access Fitbit data not through the Fitbit API. 

It could be a problem with the Carrot reward android app. I say because their app should work even if the phone doesn't have the Fitbit app on it. 

Best Answer

I got the same email above. what weirds me out is that Carrot said that fit bit is not giving them a timeline of when it is resolved on their end.  and Fit bit is saying that it's carrot's problem.

Sounds like there's mixed messaging and finger pointing her.  Who is actually going to fix this?

Ed (Carrot Rewards)

Mar 27, 08:53 -05

Hi

Thank you for contacting Carrot Support.  

We are aware of this issue that is affecting our Android Fitbit users. We are working with Fitbit and hope to have this solved shortly. In the meantime, you can track your steps from your phone using Google Fit and switch it back to Fitbit once this is resolved. 

Unfortunately, Fitbit has not provided a timeframe to resolve the issue. Since all your step data tracked through Fitbit is stored on their servers, we are limited in our ability to access it and have to wait for them to fix the problem on their end. In the meantime, you can use Google Fit to track your steps. We apologize for this inconvenience

Thank you for your patience. 

Ed
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elabbs@BigML Thanks for posting the email from Carrot rewards and reporting this issue. We are unable to reproduce this issue and it appears to only be happening with the Carrot Rewards app specifically. 

The most standard troubleshoot across all integrations is to unlink the connection from both sides then link the accounts again. In the rare case that it's a Fitbit-side issue, more than just one particular app will be affected, which is why we would recommend contacting Carrot. However, we are reaching out to Carrot Rewards to see if there is a way to assist with this, as soon as I learn more, I will post an update. Thanks again for your report. 

@RobertoME thanks for your input here as always! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
I installed Fitbit first

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
What gets me is I was already connected.. Then poof gone because I switched
phones.. Carrot should give me and my daughter the double the challenge
points for being disconnected from the challenge
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried this..I feel that since I followed the the directions to revoke
carrot rewards from fitbit they need to unrevoke access for me and whoever
else this has happened too.
Question why did it work at first?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same problem. I originally had the Carrot rewards paired with google fit on my phone. When I tried to pair my new Fitbit with the Carrot App I got the same thing. When I tried to connect on the Fitbit website I couldn't find the Carrot App. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done everything carrots said to reconnect.. I was in the middle of a
step challenge..I take 10000. To 20000 steps a day.. Like I said ever since
my new phone and revoking carrots from my fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Another Android user having the same problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.  Using Samsung S7 edge.  Havent been able to pair, ever, using fitbit Alta hd and carrot app.   Allow button constantly greyed out.  There's no previous permissions to revoke, nor has it ever been paired before.   Hopefully fitbit and carrot will take the issue seriously... more so fitbit, since it's their product that'll be getting returned, even if the issue is on carrot's end. 

Best Answer

This is from carrot rewards customer service,received on March 29th

"Hi Erin, 

Thank you for contacting Carrot Support.  
We are aware of this issue that is affecting our Android Fitbit users. We are working with Fitbit and hope to have this solved shortly. In the meantime, you can track your steps from your phone using Google Fit and switch it back to Fitbit once this is resolved.
Unfortunately, Fitbit has not provided a timeframe to resolve the issue. Since all your step data tracked through Fitbit is stored on their servers, we are limited in our ability to access it and have to wait for them to fix the problem on their end. In the meantime, you can use Google Fit to track your steps. We apologize for this inconvenience. 
Thank you for your patience. 
Ed "

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tatts28 - there is not a way to delete posts, but you can edit. I flagged the duplicate post so someone from our team will remove. 

For those experiencing this issue, I've reached out to Carrot Rewards customer support for further insight in this issue but have not heard back. As previously mentioned, as this appears to be only happening with Carrot Rewards, we are unable to offer a fix, aside from unlinking the apps and setting up again, I understand that some have not been able to connect at all. Thanks for your patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

This is the same problem that I face when using my Samsung Galaxy A5. It doesn't matter if I try to "allow" on my Samsung or in my settings on my computer - that option is not available. I have updated, turned off, turned on - even removed the app and loaded it again in the hopes it would sync to no avail.

I sent an email to Carrot Rewards and they responded that they are aware of the Android problem with Fitbit users and are working with Fitbit to resolve the problem; however, there is no timeline - just a hope that it will be resolved soon. The ironic thing is I decided to get a Fitbit just so I could track my Carrot Rewards more easily instead of always having to put my cell phone in a pocket! 

I am hoping that Fitbit and Carrot Rewards can work together to get this problem fixed so that tracking on Fitbit is linked with Carrot Rewards - a win/win for everyone!

Fingers crossed!

Best Answer

I was able to circumvent this issue by downloading the IPhone Carrot App to my IPad.  Once downloaded I was able to add Fitbit to the app on my IPad. Once I did that that it automatically showed up on the App on my Android phone.  

Best Answer
I don't own any Apple products to test that idea out; however, I do have a
Samsung Galaxy Tab A so it's woth a try!
Best Answer
0 Votes