Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not listed as a partner device on mapmyrun any longer?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wanted to link these up per the instructions that I found, but I don't think Fitbit works with mapmyrun/mapmyfitness anymore. Anyone have any insights? Thanks.

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Where are you looking when you say that the two accounts don't link up. Fitbit still says that they do. 

Best Answer

I am aware that Fitbit says they link. That is, in fact, the source of my annoyance. Fitbit is wrong.

Per the instructions all over this forum, one must go to MapMyRun/MapMyFitness to link up Fitbit. But Fitbit is not listed there under apps and devices. I believe that it used to be, before the end of the year. 

Best Answer

Of course one goes to the third party app to connect up with Fitbit. Fitbit has provided the tools and let's them do the connection. 

My thought is if this option has disappeared from MapMyExercise -Run -Walk -Hike -Ride -etc my thought would be to contact MapMyExcercise not Fitbit, since you say the problem is with MapMyExercise. 

Fitbit does not make decisions for them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clearly you do not understand.

Best Answer

Yes you need to link up through the MapMyRun app or their website, if this option is not possible, Fitbit can not help and you will need to reach out to mapmyrun. 

I do understand that every company interfaces through the same Fitbit API. It is up to them to setup and maintain this Connection. 

If the option to link up by them was removed by them, Fitbit can not help, You will need to contact them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why does Fitbit show this page then https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/partnership/mapmyrun ?

I've spent 30 mins trying to figure it out but it seems MapMyRun has removed Fitbit from their apps / devices options.

Best Answer

Hello @KaykayNooz have you followed the instructions on the MapMyFitness page

If MMF has decided to remove their link with Fitbit, and haven't told Fitbit, fitbit will never know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My point exactly; it's Fitbit advertising that this works, when it doesn't, but this guy up there ^^^ highjacked my question with his unhelpful answers, so I gave up. I bought the device from Fitbit on the assurance from Fitbit that it worked with MapMyRun. If it doesn't work, then Fitbit needs to either a) work it out with MapMyRun or b) stop advertising this feature. 

My Fitbit has been one disapointment after another. I've tossed it in drawer. What an (expensive) joke (on me)! (It's "connected GPS" also doesn't work, and tech support was utterly useless, even once suggesting that I "not use that feature if it wasn't working.") 

I cannot actually remember the last time I was this disapointed in a product. I still get angry every time I see it.

Best Answer

My point is that MapMyFitness is in complete charge of this connection with Fitbit. 

If there is an issue, the user should contact MMF, not Fitbit. 

It was a hardship but I sent MMF a tweet, and will report their response. 

Best Answer

Why would they care? This is Fitbit's problem because they are the ones advertising the feature. MapMyRun doesn't promise anything and is, therefore, under no obligation to deliver anything. Also, side note, they aren't the ones we gave a bunch of money to based on this promise. 

Best Answer

Fitbit only advertises it because MMF told Fitbit that they have setup a link to Fitbit. 

If MMF went through all the work to link up with Fitbit, would you think they don't care if the link is broken? 

OK I did more searching and found this post on MMF 

Unless MMF reaches out to Fitbit, or someone brings it to the attention of Fitbit. 

Please remember that this is a discussion between Fitbit users, not with Fitbit. 

I'll let you know their response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Rich for taking the time to try point out where things may have gone wrong with this missing but promised feature, and for reaching out to MMF about it.

It makes sense the blame lies with MMF and not Fitbit, although it would be great if they check on their "works with fitbit" page from time to time and make sure its current / up to date. Of course these kind of things are important to folks who want to fully track their workouts & stats - especially after spending a lot of money on a fitness tracker, its understandable that anyone would be disappointed to find it doesn't work with other popular apps that are really cool to use. But hey, its not a perfect world and *** happens all the time.

I've really enjoyed having my Fitbit Inspire so far over the past year - no anger or resentment toward Fitbit from me 🙂 I used to have a Garmin and that was huge a pain in the backside - hardly ever picked up any of my activities and i'd spend frustrating hours trying to get it to sync to the app... Fitbit in comparison has been amazing! Just this one little blip with MapMyRun, and its really ok - the main thing is i'm exercising and getting fitter 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm gonna try Strava instead ... wish me luck haha 😄 Apparently you can import your activities from Mapmyrun to Strava. Gonna check it out now.

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917757-Moving-your-activity-history-from-MapMyRun-to....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support got back with me with instructions on linking the 2. Accounts

You can connect your MapMyFitness account to your Fitbit account by following the steps here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1742.htm. Once connected, Fitbit data will show in your MapMyFitness account, however, no data from MapMyFitness will sync to Fitbit account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG, you are KILLING me. You've only brought us full circle. Those instructions are the very ones that DO NOT WORK, because FitBit is not listed there. As in: the topic of my post. See? 

Do you think I didn't find those first thing when trying this out? I'm sorry for you that you think this product so SO GREAT that you must hop on this post to tell us how to do something that you clearly don't have any experience with.

Anyway, I can't close this post (I wish), but I'm muting it and filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau. Cheers.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I simply mentioning what Fitbit says. The same instructions may be found on the MMR website.. 

However map my run, not Fitbit is responsible for the link up. Fitbit has no say in what MFP decides. 

You really have to take this up with My Fitness Pal,

It is obvious there is a problem on their side and you will have to con tack them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you even try these instructions before mindlessly repeating them?

You're just. not. helping. It's pretty funny to read through esp the *pissed on* typo that cracked me up...!

Side note, I also discovered that Strava only imports Fitbit data if it has GPS data attached to the activity....? So like... wow... the only reason I need a third party app is because my Fitbit DOES NOT HAVE GPS.

I ended up just deleting all the apps, and I'll just stick with whatever vanilla thing I get with the Fitbit app.

Hey, please don't add any further links or instructions to this thread without trying them first, if you can manage to hold yourself back! Here's hoping.

Best Answer

Without proper tagging and simply saying "you* in not sure who is being addressed. 

@KaykayNooz I don't need to try the instructions. I don't even have a Map My Fitness account. 

I'm simply saying that if there is a problem between mapmyrun and Fitbit. 

Nobody with Fitbit can help you. 

This is an issue that can only be fixed by mapmyfitness no one in the Fitbit community or Fitbit support will be able to help you. Your frustration is from the refusal to contact the proper company. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure.

Thanks for you time.

Best Answer